Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 49,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MicroSD protection

Tip us?

Izzy_Deadyet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MicroSD protection

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but I didn't find anything doing a search.

Is there any copy protection on the X10a MicroSD card or can I just copy the contents to a new 32G card and off I go?

Thanks, I

ddewbofh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_Deadyet View Post
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but I didn't find anything doing a search.

Is there any copy protection on the X10a MicroSD card or can I just copy the contents to a new 32G card and off I go?

Thanks, I
There's no copy protection. You just copy the software across and you'll be good to go.

j4mm3r
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_Deadyet View Post

Thanks, I
All you needed to do was to try it! Anyways, go ahead... there is no copy protection. Just take a dump of the old SD card on your PC and copy it back on to the new SD card.
/j4mm3r
Sony Ericsson X10a

Izzy_Deadyet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the quick response guys.

j4mm3r: Yup, could have tried it but the thought just came to me and I don't have an 32G with me at the moment ... I did have a keyboard though

Thanks again, I