[APP] Flashaholic Rom Update Utility v1.1
Update info at the end of this post.
this tool is for flashaholics. The ones who know all risks of flashing roms and like to live in the fast lane
Note for non HD2-users:
this tool works only on the HD2. For a general version that will work on other devices too: look here
(FRUU) is a customized version of the HTC Rom Update utility that will simplify the rom update proces by:
1. automatically performing a task29 before updating a rom
2. allowing the user to navigate through the dialog windows without having to check checkboxes (s)he has seen a gazillion times before.
3. allowing the user to use only the keyboard to go through the dialog boxes (enter -> next window, esc -> quit fruu)
This program will take you through the steps of performing a Task29 (formatting your roms storage memory) and then flashing a new rom. It is not advised to use this if you are totally new to flashing roms as if it is done incorrectly you will end up with no rom on your phone and a permanent look of terror on your face
This is not for noobs!!
1. Make sure your phone is booted up
2. Sync your pc and phone<
3. Copy the FlashaholicRUU.exe file to a new folder with JUST the roms .nbh file present (nothing else)
4. Run the FlashaholicRUU.exe and follow the instructions in the program
5. Click on the "perform task29" button to format your roms memory
6. As soon as the percentage bar reaches 100% hold your "volume down" button and continue holding until the phone reboots and enters the bootloader screen
NOTE: If you get a white screen with "hTC" in the middle then you need to take out your battery and enter bootloader mode manually before continuing (take battery out and put it back in, then hold the volume down button and briefly press the power button. Keep holding the volume down button until the bootloader screen appears).
7. When the white box in the bottom of the bootloader screen says "USB" then click on "Flash Rom" in the Flashaholic program
8. Follow the onscreen instructions and lastly click on "Flash" to flash the rom to your phone
9. You will now have a percentage bar on your phone and your new rom is being flashed
10. Once your Rom has flashed your phone will reboot and you can go through the setup screens.
Run your new Rom for a few hours, search for another one and start again with step 1 (if you want to become a real senior flashaholic)
NOTE: There is no need to perform a Hard Reset after flashing the Rom using this program as the Task29 performs a much more thorough job.
When you want to flash a rom without performing task 29 (for example when you want to flash a new radio) just hit <ESC> on the first screen of step 1. This will take you right to step 2 in which you can flash your rom
(Thanks to mskip for writing this brief but comprehensive manual)
Video of the app on a computer of a fellow flashaholic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn3pGbW-vag
. Thank you claub. Keep on flashin'
- Note to chefs:
You can pack FRUU with your Roms. You can even customize FRUU for your Rom series. For example you can use your own images, text, info etc. I have written some general instructions about customizing the RUU here
. (Notice that in FRUU ModelID.fig
is used for the first task29 step and RUU.fig
is used for the second step. The dialogs for the first step are part of RUUResource.dll
. Dialogs for the second step you will find in CustomizedRomResource.dll
. Instead of the setup.bat and setup.vbs I mentioned in the aforementioned post I used the files run.bat and run.vbs. For exra information you can PM me)
Thanks to: doloop (for his non-mtty task 29 tool), ShaDrac (for speeding up doloops procedure) and MysticGenius (for convincing this community that task 29 really is important )
UPDATE (v1_1 , 17-7-2010)
: speeded up the first procedure (task29) by flashing the standard HTC bootscreen (1st screen you see when the device boots up). Util is considerably smaller.
Be aware that if you have another bootscreen than the standard HTC bootscreen, it will be overwritten. If you don't like this use the first version (FlashaholicRUU.zip)