Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Same accessories than it's brothers?!

Tip us?

LGSilva
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Default Same accessories than it's brothers?!

Will the accessories for the original galaxy s or it's brothers from the other carriers will fit the captivate?

systoxity
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGSilva View Post
Will the accessories for the original galaxy s or it's brothers from the other carriers will fit the captivate?
I can say that for sure the cases probably wont... Otherwise, the vibrant, captivate, and original galaxy s all have micro usb charging and a 3.5 mm headphone jack according to pdadb.net. I would double check chargers to make sure the voltage lines up and ofc never plug a U.S. phone into a European wall charger even if its micro usb. That aside they also all share bluetooth 3.0 and that website also states they have identical screen sizes.

Hope that answers your question :P.

However, nothing is guaranteed till lots of people own the phone and can testify on what works and what doesn't.

Balthazar B
Old
Thanks Meter 22
With the caveat that I haven't seen any of them in person, from eyeballing the various videos of the 4 US models -- and the original SGS -- it looks like certain accessories (think car mounting kits, etc.) won't be sharable between at least some of the units. The Sprint and ATT versions of the SGS are the most unusual in form factor.

Jreitnauer7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
From watching a Hands on Video, The SGS and the Captivate have a different form factor.

The most important accessory for me is the car mount so I have no idea how the accessories will work but I can't see them being the same.

cirecomputers
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Vibrant Yes Captivate No

From what i can tell from the many pictures I've see online. T-mobile has decided to keep the exact same form and desine as the galaxy s. So the accessories should fit. While ATT has had their galaxy s redesigned and relabled the i897. There New form factor does not look like it will fit any of the original's cases. I hope this helps........

SiL3nTKiLL
Old
Thanks Meter 67
the case probably does, and mayb some other things, but not entireley because the outer casing did change a bit...
Phones:
1. Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
2. iPhone 4S
Tabs:
Apple iPad 2
Galaxy Tab 10.1

cirecomputers
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default muffled speaker

the case may fit on the captivate, although not exactly, BUT, if you look at the back there has been a realignment of the speaker on the captivate, thus your speaker would be muffled by and original galaxy s case.

pietroxda
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirecomputers View Post
the case may fit on the captivate, although not exactly, BUT, if you look at the back there has been a realignment of the speaker on the captivate, thus your speaker would be muffled by and original galaxy s case.
seems like no