Post Reply

Droid X Multitouch Keyboard Working For Aria

OP jasonyump

12th July 2010, 12:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 15
 
323 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Tested On Stock Rooted Rom And Liberated Rom.

works great!
Attached Files
File Type: apk DroidXIME-nonroot.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.14 MB, 1885 views)
12th July 2010, 12:31 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Yep, works just fine! How is it different than the stock keyboard though? Does multi-touch make it different? I can't really tell yet
12th July 2010, 01:11 AM   |  #3  
jznomoney's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 156
 
559 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
I don't notice anything either.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App
12th July 2010, 01:21 AM   |  #4  
Arranmc182's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Worcester
Thanks Meter: 5
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jznomoney

I don't notice anything either.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

From what I can tell it allows you to type faster by allowing you to put to fingers on the keyboard so when you take the first finger off it will then select the input of the second finger but vibrate on key press dont work but I am running this on a HTC Hero (GSM)
12th July 2010, 03:19 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonyump

Tested On Stock Rooted Rom And Liberated Rom.

works great!

Do u have to have a rooted aria or can u just sideload it on the aria like i did for swype.
12th July 2010, 03:21 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 15
 
323 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
nope you dont need to be rooted
12th July 2010, 05:51 PM   |  #7  
hashbrown's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
322 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
More
Can this be installed from the memory card? astro file managers giving me a headache!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App
12th July 2010, 05:56 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 22
 
220 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arranmc182

From what I can tell it allows you to type faster by allowing you to put to fingers on the keyboard so when you take the first finger off it will then select the input of the second finger but vibrate on key press dont work but I am running this on a HTC Hero (GSM)

I agree I'm using it on my Aria and it does feel faster! I also feel it's better than Swype.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown

Can this be installed from the memory card? astro file managers giving me a headache!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

Worked for me from the sdcard using Astro. Are you refering to installing it from Clockwork recovery? If so not sure.
12th July 2010, 07:35 PM   |  #9  
Member
Flag Waterbury
Thanks Meter: 2
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Thumbs up
This might even be better than swype... Nice job on the link.
13th July 2010, 01:19 AM   |  #10  
hashbrown's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
322 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
More
i tried installing it from the memory card but it never works so I sideloaded. It says it was successful, but doesn't show up in input method nor for the application menu. does it automatically take over touch input?
Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes