Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chat with dell support reg. 2.2 update

Tip us?

dead101
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Chat with dell support reg. 2.2 update

Incorrcet info given out by Dell on line chat support
Submitted by Anonymous on July 9, 2010 - 4:17 P.M.

Went to check out the new Dell Streak on line and hit the "chat room to agent" button to enquire if the Streak is available with 2.2 Android. Read this - Talk about get the sale quick and give the customer a load of bull:

20:56:46 Martin Lynch Initial Question/Comment: I am interested in buying the Streak for work use and may require 2-4 pieces. When will you be releasing it with Android 2.2?
20:56:57 System You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
20:56:57 System Connected with Vijaykumar_Nelli
20:57:07 Vijaykumar_Nelli Thank you for contacting Dell Sales Chat. My name is Vijay, your Sales Advisor, In order to help you better can you provide me with your email address and Telephone number incase we get Disconnected I can either come back to you by phone or email.
20:57:40 Martin Lynch The email is XXXXX telephoen number is XXXXXX
20:58:47 Vijaykumar_Nelli You can upgrade it to 2.2 from Android web site once you have bought the Streak Martin
20:59:18 Martin Lynch Are you 100% sure? I spoke with Dell earlier in the week and they told me it isn't available for that product yet?
21:00:34 Martin Lynch We use all Dell products at work - and a very large Server also!! One of my IT guys asked on Monday I think this week and Dell replied it is not available because of the Overlays you have installed in the system and will follow later.
21:01:12 Vijaykumar_Nelli Its not available with DELL Martin you need to upgrade it from Android web site
21:02:47 Martin Lynch "Dell on Tuesday announced launch plans for its Android-based Dell Streak handheld tablet , while also confirming that the device will get an upgrade to the Flash-capable Android 2.2 later this year"
21:03:22 Martin Lynch "At launch, the Streak will be running Android 1.6 (Donut), but the device will receive an over-the-air upgrade to the new Flash-capable Android 2.2 (Froyo) later this year, a Dell spokesperson confirmed. The mini tablet will also come pre-loaded with Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube apps, and Google Maps featuring free turn-by-turn navigation."
21:03:48 Martin Lynch Maybe I am being given incorrect information...?
21:04:18 Vijaykumar_Nelli Yes Martin its not available on streak as of now but you can buy it with 1.2 version and get it upgraded to 2.2 on Android web site
21:04:43 Martin Lynch You mean 1.6...
21:04:53 Vijaykumar_Nelli Yes sorry
21:05:45 Vijaykumar_Nelli Could you tell me when you will be able to place the order for this computer please?
21:06:03 Vijaykumar_Nelli Could you tell me when you will be able to place the order for this streak please *
21:06:56 Martin Lynch If you can confirm 100% that I can update to 2.2 once I receive it then I will order - but I think the info is incorrect - This is another press release from Dell only last week: Dell Streak Dell has confirmed this new Android device will be upgraded to Android 2.2 before the year's end.
21:07:43 Vijaykumar_Nelli For this please contact Sales on 0844 444 3924 between 9am to 9pm.
21:07:58 Vijaykumar_Nelli For the latest and updated information please
21:08:34 Martin Lynch Okay - but be careful telling customers that they can upgrade to 2.2 - I think it is wrong.
21:09:16 Vijaykumar_Nelli Sorry if i am wrong but yes as you said i will confirm it once again
21:09:18 Martin Lynch Or otherwise all info released by Dell as recentlly as Wednesday is incorrect - which is very unl;ikey
21:09:34 Vijaykumar_Nelli But as far as i heard its true what i said
21:09:38 Martin Lynch Okay - you confirm for me and email me - if you are right I will order from you?> Deal?
21:09:53 Vijaykumar_Nelli Sure i will update you on this
21:09:56 Vijaykumar_Nelli Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?
!
21:10:11 Vijaykumar_Nelli Are you satisfied with the level of support that you have received in this interaction with me today?
21:10:14 Martin Lynch That is all for today - have a nice weekend.
21:10:25 Vijaykumar_Nelli Thank you so much. As soon as you click on the 'Exit' button of this session, a survey form will appear on your screen (Browser). Please rate my service if you are satisfied or if I still need to improve on my skills. If you are happy with my service today you can also email my manager to provide you feedback on me and this Chat service.
21:10:27 Vijaykumar_Nelli Thank you for contacting Dell Sales Chat and allowing me the opportunity to assist you. Have a wonderful day.
21:10:36 Martin Lynch I will be if you confirm you gave me correct information - let's see....
21:10:41 Martin Lynch bye by

flumps
Old
Thanks Meter 22
lol. dells online support is run by blind monkeys. outsourcing at its fineness
OnePlus One - The moment its released!!!!
Sony Z2 Tablet - Rooted / Stock / Dual Recovery ( The official case is a cheap piece of S**t! )
Sony Xperia Z2 - UB / DooMLoRD kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note White - Shuts down every few seconds hardware fault
iPAD 3/air - jailbroken
iphone 4 jailbroken/Unlocked
Dell Streak 5 - RIP (Dropped) *If anyone has a screen for this PM me*
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
T-Mobile G1 (One of the best phones ever)

courtlandre
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Keep in mind that most people that use it are dumber than monkeys, so monkeys seem like geniuses to the average user.