Deluxe Moon is a beautifully crafted moon application with innovative lunar design. The application combines traditional lunar themes with modern technology to bring you the best: style, convenience of the moon in a pocket and a feature rich interface.
Deluxe Moon contains widgets. If you use them, please never install Deluxe Moon to SD card.
For more information please refer to the official Android documentation:
"Your App Widget will be removed from the home screen. When external storage is remounted, your App Widget will not be available for the user to select until the system resets the home application (usually not until a system reboot)."
- Moon phase widgets: five different types and sizes.
- Touch-n-turn: swipe the moon vertically to change the date by a month, or horizontally to change it by a day.
- Phase scan tells you exactly when the next moon phase is.
- Moon calendar with moon phases and zodiac signs.
- Large compass. To switch to it tap on a small moon compass.
- Sunrise, sunset and zenith: tap on either of moon timers to see it.
- Automatic positioning by GPS or cellular network.
- Network independence: the app works anywhere without Internet or cellular connections.
- Flexibility: you can manually set any location, time, date and UTC offset.
- Widgets are always enabled instead of SD card support.
- Scrollable moon brightness diagram.
- Sun and Moon rise and set time table.
- Monthly Moon phase table.
- Apogee/Perigee table.
- Equinox/Solstice table.
- Diagram menu: tap on the Moon image to activate.
- Precise moon phases times.
- Current moon’s age: how far along the moon is in its full cycle.
- Percent of the illuminated moon area.
- Zodiac sign the Moon is in.
- Moonrise and moonset times for your location.
- Moon timers: amount of time since moonrise and until moonset.
- Moonrise and moonset azimuths.
- Moon elevation.
- Moon distance to the Earth.
- Ecliptic longitude and latitude.
- Sunrise, sunset and zenith times.
Gardening and Astrology
- Specific gardening advice based on the current moon phase.
- Animated Zodiac circles: sidereal and tropical along with astronomical constellations
- Zodiac circles with the Moon and the Sun.
- Precise Void-Of-Course times.
- Detailed Moon astrology: Moon day description with aspects for business, personal life and health.
- Lunar horoscope
You might also email the reviewers of that and tell them to fix the GPS pieces. They imply at the top that the GPS runs the whole time in the program..
The app’s permissions as stated when you download it say that it has access to both your network location and GPS location — however, you can not disable GPS location under the settings, which leads me to believe that the app defaults to GPS location so long as it’s available. This will drain the battery, so better keep those Moon-gazing sessions brief, folks.
And apparently later they found the settings...
Under the hood, we are given options to control different aspects of the location, time, and date settings. You can set Deluxe Moon to determine your location either automatically — using the phone’s GPS — by country, or by coordinates.
There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?