Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 38,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows Phone 7 Build 6414 (July 'Beta') Unlocked Emulator

Tip us?

RustyGrom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Windows Phone 7 Dev tools Beta released

Download Here

I'll have to wait til I get home from work to download/look into it. Let us know what you find! I wonder if this is the same emulator build that found it's way out last week?
aka FlatSurfSucks aka @AdamUCF.

RustyGrom
Old
(Last edited by imfloflo; 13th July 2010 at 08:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Windows Phone 7 Dev tools Beta released

Here's the updated emulator build. It seems very similar (and the build number is only a bit higher) than the one leaked last week. As with that build, there's no options to add data sources to sync/connect with. Ugh! I'll keep working at it as it's bound to be there somewhere but we'll see.

Unlike previous builds, it seems that you need to pass a VMID to the XDE executable. As follows...

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft XDE\1.0\XDE.exe" "C:\Users\YOU\Desktop\WM70C1-6414-unlocked.bin" /VMID {E575DA31-FC47-4766-853F-018D823B9EE6}

Or you can place the file in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images" with the name "WM70C1.bin" and debug with visual studio and it will launch. I've only tried a super basic app but this appears to be the first one that actually works fully with debugging! This should help the devs that want to be able to test with the various task launchers with some actual data.

So here's the download!

manueleb.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm installing that.
Little Tips: If you installed the April CTP, installing the beta from the April CTP's uninstaller (Open uninstaller -> click Repair/Reinstall -> when the uninstaller ask the CD, click the option for re-downloading the file from Internet). In that mode, you don't uninstall Visual Basic 2010, Visual Studio 2010 or XNA Studio. Enjoy!
(Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian )

daniel-t
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Now we need to wait for an unlock of the new OS Image. It is very much improved with bootup, transitions, and everything really. I cant wait to see how the apps, and hubs are looking and performing now...

bernd420
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by manueleb. View Post
I'm installing that.
Little Tips: If you installed the April CTP, installing the beta from the April CTP's uninstaller (Open uninstaller -> click Repair/Reinstall -> when the uninstaller ask the CD, click the option for re-downloading the file from Internet). In that mode, you don't uninstall Visual Basic 2010, Visual Studio 2010 or XNA Studio. Enjoy!
(Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian )
Wow, that's really cool. If I just would have heard about this earlier...

manueleb.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can you install the tools with my mode? I can't, the installation can't download Windows Phone Emulator x64 and it's block. HELP!!!

Tom Servo
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Eh, I created a new WP app project in Expression Blend and immediately ran it. The basic title layout already doesn't match the system layout. *sigh*

the-hq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got problems installing it via the repair routine - just getting errors that some parts of the install couldn't complete. Damned....

pivotal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, it's *much* safer to do a full uninstall of CTP tools, reboot, then install the Beta.

RustyGrom
Old
(Last edited by imfloflo; 13th July 2010 at 08:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Windows Phone 7 Build 6414 (July 'Beta') Unlocked Emulator

reserved for futur