Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reviews

Tip us?

al74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Reviews

At last. Great review from Cnet:

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...ml?tag=rvwBody

iceshinobi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
o.O I bet they didn't train the battery since they said it dies fast o.O

Tyrant171
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What do you mean by "train" the battery?

iceshinobi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant171 View Post
What do you mean by "train" the battery?
Letting it die all the way then turn it on till it completely turns off and you can turn on again then charge it fully and you do it that for 3 times and your good

Tyrant171
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Gotcha...good to know. Thanks for the info!

Ziostilon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceshinobi View Post
Letting it die all the way then turn it on till it completely turns off and you can turn on again then charge it fully and you do it that for 3 times and your good
so you turn on the phone for the very first time and use it on whatever battery power thats left. then use it to the point which it shuts down itself. now turn the phone back on again, and plug in the charger, keep using the phone but with the charger still plugged in. when the battery meter indicates "FULL". unplug the charger. and repeat these procedures 3 times.

Does this sound about right?

iceshinobi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
so you turn on the phone for the very first time and use it on whatever battery power thats left. then use it to the point which it shuts down itself. now turn the phone back on again, and plug in the charger, keep using the phone but with the charger still plugged in. when the battery meter indicates "FULL". unplug the charger. and repeat these procedures 3 times.

Does this sound about right?
Yep but u repeat 2 times since u already started with the 1st one and then your battery will be maximized for some reason i still don't understand clearly

Tpavey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Li-ion batteries have a few quirks. They need a few full charge cycles to get the full range of the battery. Then for the best lifespan you should top off the battery every day. Every 30 or so top-offs (once per month) you should drain the battery completely then recharge. Depending on the quality you should get 3 years or 200-500 cycles. The batteries continue to slowly improve.

speoples20
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I don't see what the big deal is about the camera not having a flash. I have the HD2 right now and almost never use the flash and if I do half the time I retake the picture without the flash and it comes out better.

Tyrant171
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by speoples20 View Post
I don't see what the big deal is about the camera not having a flash. I have the HD2 right now and almost never use the flash and if I do half the time I retake the picture without the flash and it comes out better.
Agreed. I don't think I've ever taken a photo with a cell phone flash that I was happy with.