Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Msm7kCpuSpeed - Overclock Raphael/Diamond/Topaz/Rhodium/Blackstone/Whitestone

Tip us?

SpinalRemains
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nayr, the only difference between OC_Auto2, and 3 is the reboot speed, correct? If I understand correctly, the version 3 doesn't add any new functions. Is that accurate?
Spint Touch Pro2 768 MHz (via OCT 1.5 from Iwfratz)/CHT 1.8.5

nayr1482
Old
(Last edited by nayr1482; 2nd August 2010 at 11:41 PM.) Reason: Found small glitch
Thanks Meter 1
Default OC_Auto4 w/ GUI

Hi, for those of you using the script (getting SOD on phone calls, etc...) I have updated the script to include a basic GUI modeled off of aguenter's GUI.

Just put both files in the root of your storage card and create a link to OC_Auto4 in your windows/startup folder as always. When you want to change speeds just go and click on the OC_Auto4_GUI. GUI lets you change your OC speed and/or Poll Interval. Enjoy!
*Keep in mind the faster the polling rate the more CPU used up!

*Note if you are using OC_Auto3 - there are no "real" differences from 3 to 4 other than adding the GUI so if you are all done tweaking your speeds etc...dont bother updating!

Anyone that downloaded this pre-5:35PM 8/2 CST re-download it if your OC is not working...found small glitch
Attached Files
File Type: zip OC_Auto4_GUI.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.9 KB, 45 views)

nayr1482
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinalRemains View Post
Nayr, the only difference between OC_Auto2, and 3 is the reboot speed, correct? If I understand correctly, the version 3 doesn't add any new functions. Is that accurate?
Hey, the only other "minor" change is there is one less registry check per cycle...so it theory version 3 *should* have more time/resources available to check on screen status, phone call status, lock screen status. But probably isnt too significant.

SpinalRemains
Old
Thanks Meter 1
OK. I understand what you mean. I have been using version 2 for a week without incident. I find that kind of surprising, seeing as I have put phone to sleep prolly 150 times and haven't had 1 SOD. It's my understanding that the script doesn't prevent SOD, but it is in a "loop" that merely reduces the chances of SOD because it happens so rapidly. I would think that in over 100 some odd sleeps that I would have hit the sweet spot and had 1 SOD, but it really does work perfectly.
Spint Touch Pro2 768 MHz (via OCT 1.5 from Iwfratz)/CHT 1.8.5

toadlife
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,015

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinalRemains View Post
OK. I understand what you mean. I have been using version 2 for a week without incident. I find that kind of surprising, seeing as I have put phone to sleep prolly 150 times and haven't had 1 SOD. It's my understanding that the script doesn't prevent SOD, but it is in a "loop" that merely reduces the chances of SOD because it happens so rapidly. I would think that in over 100 some odd sleeps that I would have hit the sweet spot and had 1 SOD, but it really does work perfectly.
I believe that there is a several second delay between the time the screen goes off and the device actually goes to a suspend state, so as long as the script checks the screen state during that transition period, you will never get a SOD. Because Windows Mobile has a habit of arbitrarily terminating processes when resources get low, I suspect that people who are getting the SOD are getting it because Windows Mobile is closing the mortscript process that runs the script.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)

My ROM for the TP2, and for the Wing

nayr1482
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife View Post
I believe that there is a several second delay between the time the screen goes off and the device actually goes to a suspend state, so as long as the script checks the screen state during that transition period, you will never get a SOD. Because Windows Mobile has a habit of arbitrarily terminating processes when resources get low, I suspect that people who are getting the SOD are getting it because Windows Mobile is closing the mortscript process that runs the script.
agree. and lets be realistic - anything that is checking anything has a poll interval (scripts were set to 1sec, setcpuspeed default was .2 or .25 and you can change it. w/ v4 of the script you can change your poll interval as well...but if you poll to fast you chew up cpu!).

JVogler
Old
Thanks Meter 76
has anyone found location of DispOn or backlight location for the AT&T Tilt2 stock ROM yet? Dying to try these scripts out, but always get same error with each new version...

saurabh88
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Hi, for those of you using the script (getting SOD on phone calls, etc...) I have updated the script to include a basic GUI modeled off of aguenter's GUI.

Just put both files in the root of your storage card and create a link to OC_Auto4 in your windows/startup folder as always. When you want to change speeds just go and click on the OC_Auto4_GUI. GUI lets you change your OC speed and/or Poll Interval. Enjoy!
*Keep in mind the faster the polling rate the more CPU used up!

*Note if you are using OC_Auto3 - there are no "real" differences from 3 to 4 other than adding the GUI so if you are all done tweaking your speeds etc...dont bother updating!
so what polling interval should be there for saftey?i set 1000..is it right?
BEST ANDROID APPLICATION..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...01#post7226501
CURRENT DEVICE:BLACK NOTE 3 N9000
ROOTED
other device:
GALAXY NOTE 2
GALAXY NOTE
GALAXY S
HTC DESIRE HD {SOLD IT.BIG FOOL I AM}
htc leo{miss you}
htc rhodium
htc diamond
htc elfin
htc gene

nayr1482
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh88 View Post
so what polling interval should be there for saftey?i set 1000..is it right?
play around with it. 1000 is what we used in all of the script files before. seemed to work well for everyone.
try pushing it higher (1200, etc...) to save some CPU. i run around 2% w/ 1000ms.

nayr1482
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVogler View Post
has anyone found location of DispOn or backlight location for the AT&T Tilt2 stock ROM yet? Dying to try these scripts out, but always get same error with each new version...
if you do a reg export for me i will search around and see if i can find anything interesting looking (to me).

Tags
htc, msm7k, overclock, rhodium, touch pro2