Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] Msm7kCpuSpeed - Overclock Raphael/Diamond/Topaz/Rhodium/Blackstone/Whitestone

OP NetRipper

14th July 2010, 07:03 PM   |  #11  
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 15

183 posts
More
Works on battery mode on Sprint Touch Pro 2. Max overclock of 768 without hangup. Exactly as when running Android!

Thank you for this wonderful app!
14th July 2010, 07:09 PM   |  #12  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 880

5,401 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround

Works on battery mode on Sprint Touch Pro 2. Max overclock of 768 without hangup. Exactly as when running Android!

Thank you for this wonderful app!

How are you testing stability...do you run it then exit and send the phone to sleep or standby for a few minutes?
Mine can go to standby (manually) but if I leave it there a few minutes then it wont come back.
14th July 2010, 07:10 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Developer
Flag Breslau
Thanks Meter: 538

3,641 posts
More
Are you going to add "auto-apply at startup"?

Is it ok to cook this app into a rom?
14th July 2010, 07:19 PM   |  #14  
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 15

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95

How are you testing stability...do you run it then exit and send the phone to sleep or standby for a few minutes?
Mine can go to standby (manually) but if I leave it there a few minutes then it wont come back.

Just happened to me as well. Going to set to 710 MHz and continue testing.
14th July 2010, 07:21 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag 's-Gravendeel
Thanks Meter: 41

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sure you may cook it into your rom.

The reason "auto-apply at startup" is not enabled, is because it doesn't work on battery yet. Even for the guys where the phone doesn't hang, the overclock will be undone when on battery.

Or does the overclock stay active for some people on battery? I'd think it at least goes back to 528MHz.
14th July 2010, 07:23 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer
Flag Breslau
Thanks Meter: 538

3,641 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRipper

Sure you may cook it into your rom.

The reason "auto-apply at startup" is not enabled, is because it doesn't work on battery yet. Even for the guys where the phone doesn't hang, the overclock will be undone when on battery.

OK, great job anyway! That's a big step in overclocking Rhodium.
14th July 2010, 07:24 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag 's-Gravendeel
Thanks Meter: 41

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95

That might be the same issue as when on battery. When it comes out of standby, it will try to set the clock speed again, causing the device to lock up. If you go to standby and go out of it right away, the device doesn't actually go into full-standby yet (it takes at least a few seconds before it does).

You can test stability by using SPB benchmark or something similar that does lots of calculations. I.e. I can clock it at 750MHz, but when I run a benchmark tool, it will hang. At 710MHz I'm stable.
14th July 2010, 07:28 PM   |  #18  
Flag Ankeny
Thanks Meter: 0

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRipper

That might be the same issue as when on battery. When it comes out of standby, it will try to set the clock speed again, causing the device to lock up. If you go to standby and go out of it right away, the device doesn't actually go into full-standby yet (it takes at least a few seconds before it does).

You can test stability by using SPB benchmark or something similar that does lots of calculations. I.e. I can clock it at 750MHz, but when I run a benchmark tool, it will hang. At 710MHz I'm stable.

I get the very same results on Rhodium (TP2) Verizon with MR2 rom in Battery mode.

If I do the quick standby (in and out) it works.

Letting the device go to sleep on its own locks the device and you have to do a battery pull to get it back.

Nice to see it come this far.
14th July 2010, 07:31 PM   |  #19  
Flag Orlando/Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
More
I set it to 710MHz and worked fine, unplugged the power cable and it stayed at 710MHz, but came back to check it about an hour later and it reverted to 528MHz as NetRipper said.

This is some great work NetRipper, hopefully you can figure out what in WinMo is reseting it on battery power.

Thanks again NetRipper.
14th July 2010, 07:34 PM   |  #20  
Flag Ankeny
Thanks Meter: 0

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilion

I set it to 710MHz and worked fine, unplugged the power cable and it stayed at 710MHz, but came back to check it about an hour later and it reverted to 528MHz as NetRipper said.

This is some great work NetRipper, hopefully you can figure out what in WinMo is reseting it on battery power.

Thanks again NetRipper.

Did the device go to standby at all?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, msm7k, overclock, rhodium, touch pro2
Previous Thread Next Thread