Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,079 Members 50,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Msm7kCpuSpeed - Overclock Raphael/Diamond/Topaz/Rhodium/Blackstone/Whitestone

Tip us?

demonlordoftheround
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Works on battery mode on Sprint Touch Pro 2. Max overclock of 768 without hangup. Exactly as when running Android!

Thank you for this wonderful app!

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Works on battery mode on Sprint Touch Pro 2. Max overclock of 768 without hangup. Exactly as when running Android!

Thank you for this wonderful app!
How are you testing stability...do you run it then exit and send the phone to sleep or standby for a few minutes?
Mine can go to standby (manually) but if I leave it there a few minutes then it wont come back.

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

Jackos
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 515
Are you going to add "auto-apply at startup"?

Is it ok to cook this app into a rom?
Read my reviews and editorials at ION!
"From my experience - it looks like the most popular ROMs have the worst memory management " - ultrashot

Primary: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503

Sold: Samsung Galaxy S III I9300, HTC Sensation Z710e, HTC Touch Pro2 T7373 (Sold to Skrobel)

Haswell RIG: MSI Z87 MPOWER; Intel Core i7-4770K; Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz CL11 16GB; 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX w/ backplate SLI; Intel SSD 530 Series 180GB + Samsung SSD EVO 840 250GB; 2x WDC Black 3TB RAID0; CHIEFTEC BPS-750C2; Fractal Design Define R3 w/ USB3; Logitech G700s + Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800; Samsung PX2370; Windows 8.1 RTM Genuine

demonlordoftheround
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
How are you testing stability...do you run it then exit and send the phone to sleep or standby for a few minutes?
Mine can go to standby (manually) but if I leave it there a few minutes then it wont come back.
Just happened to me as well. Going to set to 710 MHz and continue testing.

NetRipper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Sure you may cook it into your rom.

The reason "auto-apply at startup" is not enabled, is because it doesn't work on battery yet. Even for the guys where the phone doesn't hang, the overclock will be undone when on battery.

Or does the overclock stay active for some people on battery? I'd think it at least goes back to 528MHz.
░ Wizard ► Hermes ► Raphael ► Leo ░ My Tech BlogTwitterDonate
TorchButtonKeypadLedControlLeoExtendedNotificationsLeoCpuSpeedMsm7kCpuSpeed
░ Linux on Diamond/Raphael and Leo

Jackos
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRipper View Post
Sure you may cook it into your rom.

The reason "auto-apply at startup" is not enabled, is because it doesn't work on battery yet. Even for the guys where the phone doesn't hang, the overclock will be undone when on battery.
OK, great job anyway! That's a big step in overclocking Rhodium.
Read my reviews and editorials at ION!
"From my experience - it looks like the most popular ROMs have the worst memory management " - ultrashot

Primary: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503

Sold: Samsung Galaxy S III I9300, HTC Sensation Z710e, HTC Touch Pro2 T7373 (Sold to Skrobel)

Haswell RIG: MSI Z87 MPOWER; Intel Core i7-4770K; Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz CL11 16GB; 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX w/ backplate SLI; Intel SSD 530 Series 180GB + Samsung SSD EVO 840 250GB; 2x WDC Black 3TB RAID0; CHIEFTEC BPS-750C2; Fractal Design Define R3 w/ USB3; Logitech G700s + Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800; Samsung PX2370; Windows 8.1 RTM Genuine

NetRipper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
That might be the same issue as when on battery. When it comes out of standby, it will try to set the clock speed again, causing the device to lock up. If you go to standby and go out of it right away, the device doesn't actually go into full-standby yet (it takes at least a few seconds before it does).

You can test stability by using SPB benchmark or something similar that does lots of calculations. I.e. I can clock it at 750MHz, but when I run a benchmark tool, it will hang. At 710MHz I'm stable.
░ Wizard ► Hermes ► Raphael ► Leo ░ My Tech BlogTwitterDonate
TorchButtonKeypadLedControlLeoExtendedNotificationsLeoCpuSpeedMsm7kCpuSpeed
░ Linux on Diamond/Raphael and Leo

6700Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRipper View Post
That might be the same issue as when on battery. When it comes out of standby, it will try to set the clock speed again, causing the device to lock up. If you go to standby and go out of it right away, the device doesn't actually go into full-standby yet (it takes at least a few seconds before it does).

You can test stability by using SPB benchmark or something similar that does lots of calculations. I.e. I can clock it at 750MHz, but when I run a benchmark tool, it will hang. At 710MHz I'm stable.
I get the very same results on Rhodium (TP2) Verizon with MR2 rom in Battery mode.

If I do the quick standby (in and out) it works.

Letting the device go to sleep on its own locks the device and you have to do a battery pull to get it back.

Nice to see it come this far.

Epsilion
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I set it to 710MHz and worked fine, unplugged the power cable and it stayed at 710MHz, but came back to check it about an hour later and it reverted to 528MHz as NetRipper said.

This is some great work NetRipper, hopefully you can figure out what in WinMo is reseting it on battery power.

Thanks again NetRipper.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
ROM: Stock UCLF6

Previous Phones
Samsung Captivate - Alarm Clock
AT&T Tilt 2 - Retired (Passed down to sibling, in turn destroyed)
AT&T Tilt - Screen destroyed .

6700Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilion View Post
I set it to 710MHz and worked fine, unplugged the power cable and it stayed at 710MHz, but came back to check it about an hour later and it reverted to 528MHz as NetRipper said.

This is some great work NetRipper, hopefully you can figure out what in WinMo is reseting it on battery power.

Thanks again NetRipper.
Did the device go to standby at all?

Tags
htc, msm7k, overclock, rhodium, touch pro2