Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Brand for screen protectors?

Tip us?

systoxity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Exclamation Best Brand for screen protectors?

Anyone here that has owned a capacitive touch screen, please feel free to chime in with which screen protector you liked the most!

Im looking to buy a protector that doesn't impede the touch experience & image quality of this amazing screen.

Also a warning against bad brands would be appreciated. I Believe Zagg/Invisi shield has already been established as a bad buy.

caelestis2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
As another discouraged zagg user, I recommend buying cheap packs off of ebay. They usually are smooth and clear, but they get damaged every 1 or 2 months for me, but that's no problem as they were cheap and I just put a new one on. All the expensive ones seem to have a problem with clarity or feel, but if anyone else has a suggestion I would like to know too.

tysj
Old
Thanks Meter 280
I'm going to wait for gadgetshieldz to come out with one. They may be coming from India, but their customer service is actually good when I needed another front screen skin for my Tilt 2 because the cut was slightly off. They mailed me an entire full body set within no time. Plus they're reeeeally cheap (Tilt 2 full body set was 6.99 - some discount percentage that was floating around) and lasted me almost the entire lifespan of my phone (Switched from Zagg).

caelestis2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok, but how does it feel? Is it smooth to swype as the glass screen beneath it? Clarity?

abezapata
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I use BodyGuardz for all of my phones (started with iPhone 3g -> Blackberry 8900 -> Blackberry 9700) and have not had a problem with them. Did not affect the touch capabilities of my iPhone 3G and kept the screen nice and new underneath.

tysj
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by caelestis2 View Post
Ok, but how does it feel? Is it smooth to swype as the glass screen beneath it? Clarity?
I haven't used it on a capacitive screen, so I wouldn't know how it actualyl performs. But it's a lot smoother than the Zagg shields I've had before on the phone and iPods and such. The screen protector on my Tilt2 looked great, didn't skew the image at all. I eventually had to take it off though because resistive touch screen + skin = bleh. Pending user installation, you can hardly tell it's there.

systoxity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
nice, ill deff look into bodyguard n gadget shield. next question is, should i put the film all over my phone or just get a case n only use a shield on the screen.

guess what im sayin is: Is the film covering the screen and body enough? id really rather not add the bulk of a full blown case to my device.

p.s. heres another site with protectors that someone vouched for here
http://www.bestskinsever.com/

Mr_Armageddon
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I started with Zagg, but have moved to BodyGuardz for my last 3 devices. They are the same quality, but for the same price as 1 Zagg sheild, you get two (2) BodyGaurdz protectors.

Currently using BodyGaurdz on the following products with no problems to report:

HTC Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2)
HCT Pure (Wife's Phone)
Zune HD
soon on the Samsung Captivate
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ★ Rooted, Wicked v4★
Current Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014ed) 32GB ★ Rooted, CleanROM v2★

TexUs
Old
Thanks Meter 8
The real question is when will SwitchEasy-like devices come out that snap around the phone, like what the iPhone has???

systoxity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
is switch easy the ones that are relatively thick? Also, no one offered any insight yet on my question, do you think a case is necessary or will just a film covering over the phone be enough? I really like how sleek this phone looks and dont really want to add to its dimensions.