FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best Brand for screen protectors?

765 posts
Thanks Meter: 64

By systoxity, Senior Member on 14th July 2010, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone here that has owned a capacitive touch screen, please feel free to chime in with which screen protector you liked the most!

Im looking to buy a protector that doesn't impede the touch experience & image quality of this amazing screen.

Also a warning against bad brands would be appreciated. I Believe Zagg/Invisi shield has already been established as a bad buy.

14th July 2010, 05:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
As another discouraged zagg user, I recommend buying cheap packs off of ebay. They usually are smooth and clear, but they get damaged every 1 or 2 months for me, but that's no problem as they were cheap and I just put a new one on. All the expensive ones seem to have a problem with clarity or feel, but if anyone else has a suggestion I would like to know too.
14th July 2010, 06:11 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 346

More
I'm going to wait for gadgetshieldz to come out with one. They may be coming from India, but their customer service is actually good when I needed another front screen skin for my Tilt 2 because the cut was slightly off. They mailed me an entire full body set within no time. Plus they're reeeeally cheap (Tilt 2 full body set was 6.99 - some discount percentage that was floating around) and lasted me almost the entire lifespan of my phone (Switched from Zagg).
14th July 2010, 07:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Ok, but how does it feel? Is it smooth to swype as the glass screen beneath it? Clarity?
14th July 2010, 07:31 PM |#5  
Flag Davis, CA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I use BodyGuardz for all of my phones (started with iPhone 3g -> Blackberry 8900 -> Blackberry 9700) and have not had a problem with them. Did not affect the touch capabilities of my iPhone 3G and kept the screen nice and new underneath.
14th July 2010, 07:36 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caelestis2

Ok, but how does it feel? Is it smooth to swype as the glass screen beneath it? Clarity?

I haven't used it on a capacitive screen, so I wouldn't know how it actualyl performs. But it's a lot smoother than the Zagg shields I've had before on the phone and iPods and such. The screen protector on my Tilt2 looked great, didn't skew the image at all. I eventually had to take it off though because resistive touch screen + skin = bleh. Pending user installation, you can hardly tell it's there.
14th July 2010, 10:07 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
nice, ill deff look into bodyguard n gadget shield. next question is, should i put the film all over my phone or just get a case n only use a shield on the screen.

guess what im sayin is: Is the film covering the screen and body enough? id really rather not add the bulk of a full blown case to my device.

p.s. heres another site with protectors that someone vouched for here
http://www.bestskinsever.com/
14th July 2010, 10:33 PM |#8  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 88

More
I started with Zagg, but have moved to BodyGuardz for my last 3 devices. They are the same quality, but for the same price as 1 Zagg sheild, you get two (2) BodyGaurdz protectors.

Currently using BodyGaurdz on the following products with no problems to report:

HTC Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2)
HCT Pure (Wife's Phone)
Zune HD
soon on the Samsung Captivate
16th July 2010, 04:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
The real question is when will SwitchEasy-like devices come out that snap around the phone, like what the iPhone has???
16th July 2010, 09:43 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
is switch easy the ones that are relatively thick? Also, no one offered any insight yet on my question, do you think a case is necessary or will just a film covering over the phone be enough? I really like how sleek this phone looks and dont really want to add to its dimensions.
16th July 2010, 11:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
All I know is I had accidentally thrown my iPhone into some pavement and without the switch easy case, it would've been SOL.

Just look at their website. The cases fit like a glove and are very seamlined (They are not big and bulky like otterbox)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)