Zagg invisibleshield inital review

OP shohid1234

15th July 2010, 08:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4

185 posts
More
Just applied the invisibleshield and im not too impressed.

First, the front and more so the back covers are too small and the corners of the phone is not covered. Second, the home key cover and camera lens cover are too big, so I avoided the home button cover and stuck the camera lens on by taking off the back cover. Third and finally the tacky feel means its a fingerprint and oil magnet, as I have sweaty hands this is especially annoying.

On the plus side it was relatively easy to put on and remove the bubbles.
15th July 2010, 08:45 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag buried under loads of work IRL
Thanks Meter: 1,580

11,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
sounds like you got the Full Body "Easy Install" version the Full Body "Maximum protection" version would have covered the corners, and have extended wings that goes up the sides.

same here i've a oily face / fingers, Zagg will not work for me as i've posted on other topic, I'll prefer the regular 3M PET screen protectors + a Gel case instead
15th July 2010, 11:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
Does it make the phone any less slippy to hold?
23rd July 2010, 11:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie2

Does it make the phone any less slippy to hold?

Yep definately, it has a good grippy feel and the orange peel effect is reducing . Now that ive had it on a few days im warming up to it surprisingly. The best thing is that it adds little thickness and I can just plop it on surfaces without worrying about scratches.

Overall i quite happy with it, I just wished I got the full body sh*t.
24th July 2010, 10:00 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

130 posts
would u mind to put some pics ???
i've been looking all around to see some pics of zagg installed on galaxy s but no luck !!!
24th July 2010, 01:00 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

187 posts
i had the invisi shield on my touch hd, so the first thing i did when i got home from getting my shiny new SGS was to order one, still not arrived and thats with 2-3 day delivery. i did the right thing and ordered the full cover as it was the same price as the easy install version, i will post pics when i have recieved it and have it done.

as for gel cases i have one of them on order also as it has done a wonderfull job of protecting my touch hd (till i drove over it)
24th July 2010, 02:20 PM   |  #7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag buried under loads of work IRL
Thanks Meter: 1,580

11,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
i gave up on the zagg, samsung is release nice fashion faceplates for the SGS

and i'm already using those nice gel cases + screen protector, that's more than enough protection for the phone.

out of the box, the phone is already super strong, and anti scratch, did you see the video?

it will only break the screen if you drop it from a 1.5 m high
24th July 2010, 03:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

185 posts
More
it may be anti scratch but ive scratched the proximity sensor area already so hopefully the shield will stop other scratches. I would use a gel cover but the shield really doesnt add anything to the thickness, while the cover would.

I get some pics up as soon as I can get hold of a camera.
24th July 2010, 07:33 PM   |  #9  

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shohid1234

Yep definately, it has a good grippy feel and the orange peel effect is reducing . Now that ive had it on a few days im warming up to it surprisingly. The best thing is that it adds little thickness and I can just plop it on surfaces without worrying about scratches.

Overall i quite happy with it, I just wished I got the full body sh*t.

Thanks for the reply.

I've actually bought a silicone case and a screen protector for it and it's made it much more manageable and easier to hold and saved the phone when I dropped it the other day.
25th July 2010, 03:03 AM   |  #10  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_h3000

would u mind to put some pics ???
I've been looking all around to see some pics of zagg installed on galaxy s but no luck !!!

1+

1+

1+

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread