Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC_IME works great!

OP x.v_

16th July 2010, 05:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

170 posts

Download

This one is my work (aside from taking it from "Damage Control" so I didn't have to de-obex [don't know how =p])! It is 100% original! =D

Download

EDIT: Oh my gosh! Featured on Droid-life.com! Sorry to disappoint guys, but I don't really know what I'm doing. Someone is probably going to have to take over from here or I'll need to learn a little bit more.
EDIT2: Attempted to get settings working. Failed. Looks like this is the end of the line for me. :| I would always be interested if someone would like to work with me on how to do it though!
Last edited by x.v_; 23rd July 2010 at 12:04 AM.
18th July 2010, 11:46 PM   |  #2  

1,055 posts
Yea, the official one works well too. Would love to see someone rip the version from the EVO with the 4-way arrows on the bottom since the DroidX has no direction pad or mouse wheel.
19th July 2010, 02:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
The four arrow keys would be nice, but the red bullseye lets you easily move the cursor around (similar to the iPhone) and you can set the volume keys to move it left/right too, which is plenty good for me
19th July 2010, 10:48 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspster

Yea, the official one works well too. Would love to see someone rip the version from the EVO with the 4-way arrows on the bottom since the DroidX has no direction pad or mouse wheel.

I extracted it from the Evo ROM "DamageControl"... but... http://i32.tinypic.com/2wrolyt.png

I'm trying to learn to use (Bak)smali. I believe that is whats needed to crack it.
Last edited by x.v_; 19th July 2010 at 11:00 AM.
19th July 2010, 01:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 6

465 posts
More
Angry gIMpSTa Kitchen!!!
Great place to create custom themed/skinned HTC_IME keyboards here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654179

@gIMpSTa has created a kitchen and its pretty cool... Register, "cook up" your keyboard and install it!!!

EDIT: Upon further review, this is a gIMpSTa keyboard!!!!! Shoulda least shown ppl where they could make there own op!!
19th July 2010, 01:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 42

1,458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin0285

Great place to create custom themed/skinned HTC_IME keyboards here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654179

@gIMpSTa has created a kitchen and its pretty cool... Register, "cook up" your keyboard and install it!!!

EDIT: Upon further review, this is a gIMpSTa keyboard!!!!! Shoulda least shown ppl where they could make there own op!!

Exactly! i was gonna suggest letting ppl know where they could go and create their own skinned keyboard instead of using the one OP created. Its really easy to create your own at his website.
19th July 2010, 08:44 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin0285

Haha, yeah I guess I should have. That wasn't really the point of the thread though, is why I didn't. =p

On a different note, I have a working Evo keyboard apk if anyone is interested. I spent a few hours on it and learned to use Baksmali/Smali all by myself! =p
Last edited by x.v_; 19th July 2010 at 08:47 PM.
21st July 2010, 07:49 AM   |  #8  
Flag On The Moon!
Thanks Meter: 64

1,090 posts
More
If you can, that would be awsome. Thanks. I really appreciate this.

Sent from my DROIDX via Telepathic DLNA.
21st July 2010, 08:32 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlankLongBeard

If you can, that would be awsome. Thanks. I really appreciate this.

Sent from my DROIDX via Telepathic DLNA.

Updated first post for you!
21st July 2010, 02:54 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKValle26

The four arrow keys would be nice, but the red bullseye lets you easily move the cursor around (similar to the iPhone) and you can set the volume keys to move it left/right too, which is plenty good for me

FWIW the swype keyboard does include arrow keys if you swype from the "swype" key to the SYM key right next to it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread