Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,721 Members 39,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC_IME works great!

Tip us?

x.v_
Old
(Last edited by x.v_; 22nd July 2010 at 11:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default HTC_IME works great!

Download

This one is my work (aside from taking it from "Damage Control" so I didn't have to de-obex [don't know how =p])! It is 100% original! =D

Download

EDIT: Oh my gosh! Featured on Droid-life.com! Sorry to disappoint guys, but I don't really know what I'm doing. Someone is probably going to have to take over from here or I'll need to learn a little bit more.
EDIT2: Attempted to get settings working. Failed. Looks like this is the end of the line for me. :| I would always be interested if someone would like to work with me on how to do it though!

Raspster
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Yea, the official one works well too. Would love to see someone rip the version from the EVO with the 4-way arrows on the bottom since the DroidX has no direction pad or mouse wheel.

AKValle26
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The four arrow keys would be nice, but the red bullseye lets you easily move the cursor around (similar to the iPhone) and you can set the volume keys to move it left/right too, which is plenty good for me

x.v_
Old
(Last edited by x.v_; 19th July 2010 at 10:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
Yea, the official one works well too. Would love to see someone rip the version from the EVO with the 4-way arrows on the bottom since the DroidX has no direction pad or mouse wheel.
I extracted it from the Evo ROM "DamageControl"... but... http://i32.tinypic.com/2wrolyt.png

I'm trying to learn to use (Bak)smali. I believe that is whats needed to crack it.

martin0285
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Angry gIMpSTa Kitchen!!!

Great place to create custom themed/skinned HTC_IME keyboards here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654179

@gIMpSTa has created a kitchen and its pretty cool... Register, "cook up" your keyboard and install it!!!

EDIT: Upon further review, this is a gIMpSTa keyboard!!!!! Shoulda least shown ppl where they could make there own op!!

dscottjr81
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin0285 View Post
Great place to create custom themed/skinned HTC_IME keyboards here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654179

@gIMpSTa has created a kitchen and its pretty cool... Register, "cook up" your keyboard and install it!!!

EDIT: Upon further review, this is a gIMpSTa keyboard!!!!! Shoulda least shown ppl where they could make there own op!!
Exactly! i was gonna suggest letting ppl know where they could go and create their own skinned keyboard instead of using the one OP created. Its really easy to create your own at his website.
https://twitter.com
Devices
Verizon Gun Metal M8. Gold 32GB 5S. T-Mo Black or Grey G? Looks Grey to me.

x.v_
Old
(Last edited by x.v_; 19th July 2010 at 07:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin0285 View Post

Haha, yeah I guess I should have. That wasn't really the point of the thread though, is why I didn't. =p

On a different note, I have a working Evo keyboard apk if anyone is interested. I spent a few hours on it and learned to use Baksmali/Smali all by myself! =p

PlankLongBeard
Old
Thanks Meter 64
If you can, that would be awsome. Thanks. I really appreciate this.

Sent from my DROIDX via Telepathic DLNA.

x.v_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlankLongBeard View Post
If you can, that would be awsome. Thanks. I really appreciate this.

Sent from my DROIDX via Telepathic DLNA.
Updated first post for you!

Flying_Hellfish
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKValle26 View Post
The four arrow keys would be nice, but the red bullseye lets you easily move the cursor around (similar to the iPhone) and you can set the volume keys to move it left/right too, which is plenty good for me
FWIW the swype keyboard does include arrow keys if you swype from the "swype" key to the SYM key right next to it.