FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

HTC_IME works great!

170 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
By x.v_, Senior Member on 16th July 2010, 04:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread


Download


This one is my work (aside from taking it from "Damage Control" so I didn't have to de-obex [don't know how =p])! It is 100% original! =D


Download

EDIT: Oh my gosh! Featured on Droid-life.com! Sorry to disappoint guys, but I don't really know what I'm doing. Someone is probably going to have to take over from here or I'll need to learn a little bit more.
EDIT2: Attempted to get settings working. Failed. Looks like this is the end of the line for me. :| I would always be interested if someone would like to work with me on how to do it though!
Last edited by x.v_; 22nd July 2010 at 11:04 PM.
 
 
18th July 2010, 10:46 PM |#2  
Raspster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Yea, the official one works well too. Would love to see someone rip the version from the EVO with the 4-way arrows on the bottom since the DroidX has no direction pad or mouse wheel.
19th July 2010, 01:38 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The four arrow keys would be nice, but the red bullseye lets you easily move the cursor around (similar to the iPhone) and you can set the volume keys to move it left/right too, which is plenty good for me
19th July 2010, 09:48 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspster

Yea, the official one works well too. Would love to see someone rip the version from the EVO with the 4-way arrows on the bottom since the DroidX has no direction pad or mouse wheel.

I extracted it from the Evo ROM "DamageControl"... but... http://i32.tinypic.com/2wrolyt.png

I'm trying to learn to use (Bak)smali. I believe that is whats needed to crack it.
Last edited by x.v_; 19th July 2010 at 10:00 AM.
19th July 2010, 12:29 PM |#5  
martin0285's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Angry gIMpSTa Kitchen!!!
Great place to create custom themed/skinned HTC_IME keyboards here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654179

@gIMpSTa has created a kitchen and its pretty cool... Register, "cook up" your keyboard and install it!!!

EDIT: Upon further review, this is a gIMpSTa keyboard!!!!! Shoulda least shown ppl where they could make there own op!!
19th July 2010, 12:56 PM |#6  
eighty1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin0285

Great place to create custom themed/skinned HTC_IME keyboards here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654179

@gIMpSTa has created a kitchen and its pretty cool... Register, "cook up" your keyboard and install it!!!

EDIT: Upon further review, this is a gIMpSTa keyboard!!!!! Shoulda least shown ppl where they could make there own op!!

Exactly! i was gonna suggest letting ppl know where they could go and create their own skinned keyboard instead of using the one OP created. Its really easy to create your own at his website.
19th July 2010, 07:44 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin0285

Great place to create custom themed/skinned HTC_IME keyboards here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654179

@gIMpSTa has created a kitchen and its pretty cool... Register, "cook up" your keyboard and install it!!!

EDIT: Upon further review, this is a gIMpSTa keyboard!!!!! Shoulda least shown ppl where they could make there own op!!

Haha, yeah I guess I should have. That wasn't really the point of the thread though, is why I didn't. =p

On a different note, I have a working Evo keyboard apk if anyone is interested. I spent a few hours on it and learned to use Baksmali/Smali all by myself! =p
Last edited by x.v_; 19th July 2010 at 07:47 PM.
21st July 2010, 06:49 AM |#8  
PlankLongBeard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag On The Moon!
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
If you can, that would be awsome. Thanks. I really appreciate this.

Sent from my DROIDX via Telepathic DLNA.
21st July 2010, 07:32 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlankLongBeard

If you can, that would be awsome. Thanks. I really appreciate this.

Sent from my DROIDX via Telepathic DLNA.

Updated first post for you!
21st July 2010, 01:54 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKValle26

The four arrow keys would be nice, but the red bullseye lets you easily move the cursor around (similar to the iPhone) and you can set the volume keys to move it left/right too, which is plenty good for me

FWIW the swype keyboard does include arrow keys if you swype from the "swype" key to the SYM key right next to it.
21st July 2010, 03:51 PM |#11  
eighty1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Thumbs up
Thanks for the EVO keyboard.

EDIT: Have not been able to turn vibration off of this keyboard, any suggestions? I had it off for all my other keyboards but this one seems to vibrate still.
Last edited by eighty1; 21st July 2010 at 04:10 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes