Minimal Matte Has gone HD CM7! 2/20!

Search This thread

shiftedx

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Minimal Matte has gone HD and to gingerbread, for more details please go to this page where you can see a preview of the release as well as see journal entries detailing the development stages.

I see all sorts of glossy themes and just way too over the top for my taste and I'm sure some of you guys as well. This is a very minimal and matte (not glossy) theme.

This is the final release of this theme until I can free up some time to work on it more (hopefully not long), work has picked up a bit and caused development to slow a good amount. The community is more than welcome to modify and share this theme amongst yourselves.. please give credit where credit is due and expect to see more from me in the future :cool:

Features:

Themed Framework
Themed Keyboard
Themed News & Weather Widgets
Themed LauncherPro 0.7.1
Themed Dialpad
Themed Settings Widget
All images fully optimized
Digital count boot screen by Six6Sicks

Fixed as of 8/3
1x status bar icon themed as well as GPS

To Do:

Theme Lockscreen

xo321f.png

Releases

METAMORPH!: Download Updated 7/28

You guys can say thanks to studjuice for this one!
Metamorph unfortunately doesn't play nice with flashing fonts so you can download the theme font in flashable form HERE!

Flashable Zips:

Froyo 2.2 will work for every phone except HD devices, unless there is a phone specific build below flash Froyo 2.2.
Flashing over CM6 RC2 will not guarantee results.. the newer builds of CM6 don't seem to take well to themes.. some report success others aren't so lucky. There is a full RC2 rom below if you must have RC2.

Froyo 2.2 Release 1.5 *FIXED*
Froyo 2.2 Release 1.0
Nexus One Froyo
Legend Froyo

You can thank Tamimego for the legend version, the zip is based off of Kyosa's Legend CM6 RC1

Problems flashing? try booting into fastboot and clearing the system "fastboot erase system -w" reflash your rom and the theme.This will fix any errors related to not enough system space such as framework not flashing or missing apps after flashing.

Instructions

In order for you to get results like the screenshots above you have to do the following.

Notification Bar: Change the text to white under Cyanogenmod settings in the settings menu.
Dock: Go to launcherpro preferences menu button then preferences go to appearance and change dock to glass.
Dock Notifications: In launcher pro go to preferences, dock dock settings and check the dock notifications.
Weather/News: Just add weather widget and then add the news widget via the widgets menu.
Digital Clock: Open app draw go to digital clock set the background to black and then add the widget 4x1 to home screen.
Wallpaper: Now defaulted is the blue wallpaper, if you want to change it to the black its in your wallpaper gallery.

The icons are from an iPhone/iPod Touch theme Suave

Full Roms

G1/32B:
CyanogenMod 6 Minimal Matte 1.5 Download

Based off of CaNNoN202 Complete Eclair this is 2.1 with gapps & latest ALPHA theme. DOWNLOAD

HERO VanillaEclair5.0 with minimal matte 1.5 DOWNLOAD

Nexus One: Work is going good, we have someone with a nexus taking time to build the theme properly for the Nexus One and will release when he is confident in the build.

HTC Legend: CM6.1 Minimal Matte Port by Westi01 DOWNLOAD

Previous builds.
Code:
[SIZE="4"]Alpha Release 2:[/SIZE] [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?iix4c1ik514lckq"]2.2 FROYO[/URL]/[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?bwyf1cl5bje3hzt"]Manual Froyo[/URL]/[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?ml7i91g7c2ppp60"]2.1 Eclair[/URL]

This flashes over any [B][SIZE="3"]Froyo[/SIZE][/B] build 100% confirmed to work! 
Comes in a bit bigger at around 18mb but this zip flashes every time!
Now has the latest launcherpro v0.6.7.3 took some work to get this thing themed properly and flashing correctly.
Framework-res.apk has been redesigned a bit also darkened (let me know if I should go back)
Thanks to HUND for the status bar icons. 
Now removes ADWLauncher.apk if you have it installed.. simply because certain people were reporting that it stopped launcherpro from working.
[B]Manual Install[/B] for those of you who want to use just a certain part of the theme.
Unfortunately due to a lot of changes that have been made to the theme I will have to release separate updates for 2.1 and 2.2. :(
This update may take a few minutes to boot up for the first time so please be patient! 

[SIZE="4"]Alpha:[/SIZE] [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?et3sb1ft1256en5"]Download[/URL]/METAMORPH (will be at alpha status after some feedback)
Modded GenieWidget: Updated with more fitting weather icons.
Tweaks: Built the update script similar to Test 3 since some people are having success with flashing now.
Size: Up to 9mbs roughly dude mainly to some reworked images.

[SIZE="4"]Test #3:[/SIZE] [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?l4yr5h121klyusr"]Download[/URL]/[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?a9fye192x39h7uu"]METAMORPH[/URL]
Once again cleaned up some stuff shrunk to 8mbs/4MB for Metamorph
Power Control Widget mod: Now transparent see above screenshots.. will change blue lines to dots most likely in the near future
Now includes Digital Clock thanks to Maize!
Reworked flashing script: its now flashing each thing individually I'm hoping this allows for it to flash successfully although I'm unsure..
Launcher: Included in the update.zip, not included in Metamorph download [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?95j32dyd2t9keai"]HERE![/URL] and install manually.

Metamorph should work.. unfortunately the app FC's on my phone so I couldn't test it first hand please let me know how it works I included most of the theme but not the launcher.apk I will continue to update this metamorph along with the flashable zip. Please post feedback and let me know if the metamorph works as it should... its based off the .xml format.

Personal flash tests on MyTouch3G 32B/G1 CM6 RC1/CM5 this flashes properly.. if not for you please post your rom and phone model. Also this may or may not effect it but I do not have any partitions on my SD its all FAT32.

[SIZE="4"]Test #2[/SIZE] FAILED AT FLASHING
Cleaned up the .zip shrunk down to 12mb
Re did the update script.. should install properly please let me know if its not.

[SIZE="4"]Test #1[/SIZE]: FAILED AT FLASHING
Themed Framework-res.apk (Thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2170908"]HUND[/URL]!)
Themed LauncherPro Beta v0.6.7.2
Modded GenieWidget (weather/news)
Themed font is currently Comfortaa
Custom LatinIME for froyo (eliminates white gaps in market and other apps on keyboard mainly Froyo related)

Last edited:

tehseano

Jan 23, 2009
Looks alright, however it doesn't work. It flashes, but doesn't actually copy anything over.

XxKOLOHExX

Aug 23, 2009
Hawaii
Nothing mean at all,,

But you might want to clean up the .zip,,

You only need the files you actually changed for the theme to work,, Looks like you are trying to move the whole framework and app folder

But really nice theme :D

shiftedx

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Looks alright, however it doesn't work. It flashes, but doesn't actually copy anything over.

Try Test 2 just uploaded it and re worked the update script. I've successfully flashed on a mytouch3g and a g1 over stock CM6. Please report back if it still doesn't work.

Nothing mean at all,,

But you might want to clean up the .zip,,

You only need the files you actually changed for the theme to work,, Looks like you are trying to move the whole framework and app folder

But really nice theme :D

Thank you! I removed everything that was extra.. to be honest I didn't even realize I had half of that stuff sitting in there... I thought 30mb was a bit big for a theme zip lol.

Anyway Test 2 is up and its cleaned up should come in around 12mb.. let me know if you flash it and if its working!

XxKOLOHExX

Aug 23, 2009
Hawaii
Try Test 2 just uploaded it and re worked the update script. I've successfully flashed on a mytouch3g and a g1 over stock CM6. Please report back if it still doesn't work.

Thank you! I removed everything that was extra.. to be honest I didn't even realize I had half of that stuff sitting in there... I thought 30mb was a bit big for a theme zip lol.

Anyway Test 2 is up and its cleaned up should come in around 12mb.. let me know if you flash it and if its working!

NP :D Glad I could help :D

Kazan22

Jun 13, 2008
Seattle
I think the problem is every ROM is different in the fact that the devs edit files differently and flashing a .zip that is not specific to that ROM can cause issues. If you want to make a universal theme there are 2 options (3 if you're good with scripts)
1. Make a MetaMorph that just changes images
2. Make an version for every ROM you want to support
3. Make 1 update.zip that has a script to detect which ROM is installed. Downside to 3 is the files size might be pretty big.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

shiftedx

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
I think the problem is every ROM is different in the fact that the devs edit files differently and flashing a .zip that is not specific to that ROM can cause issues. If you want to make a universal theme there are 2 options (3 if you're good with scripts)
1. Make a MetaMorph that just changes images
2. Make an version for every ROM you want to support
3. Make 1 update.zip that has a script to detect which ROM is installed. Downside to 3 is the files size might be pretty big.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

I've posted manual install files for those having trouble for rite now, I am however looking into metamorph options for this theme.

just2good4u3434

Jan 13, 2008
Awesome theme, only the power control widget and music widget need to be transparent as well to match the genie widget.

MattDrumz

Oct 25, 2009
Seattle
This theme looks great. But, I just tried to flash it, and it didn't change anything.

MyTouch 3G running CyanogenMOD 6.

shiftedx

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Awesome theme, only the power control widget and music widget need to be transparent as well to match the genie widget.

I'm hoping tonight I will be posting a much more complete theme, the transparent widgets are on the list of things to get done so check back tomorrow and hopefully it will be done and these flashing issues will be sorted out as well I have some people helping me figure it out.

Should I take out the blue bars or change them to something else to let you know its enabled?

wnwn4.png

This theme looks great. But, I just tried to flash it, and it didn't change anything.

MyTouch 3G running CyanogenMOD 6.

I'm working on the flashing issues rite now actually, could you try to do the manual install I've posted and let me know if that works for you? I'm also on MT3G 32B with Cyanogen mod RC1 and it flashes every time for me.

Last edited:
I'm hoping tonight I will be posting a much more complete theme, the transparent widgets are on the list of things to get done so check back tomorrow and hopefully it will be done and these flashing issues will be sorted out as well I have some people helping me figure it out.

Should I take out the blue bars or change them to something else to let you know its enabled?

wnwn4.png

I'm working on the flashing issues rite now actually, could you try to do the manual install I've posted and let me know if that works for you? I'm also on MT3G 32B with Cyanogen mod RC1 and it flashes every time for me.

I say change the bars to dots like SwitchPro Widget.

Top Liked Posts