Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Non Market Apps Solved

Tip us?

kirbo20
Old
(Last edited by kirbo20; 16th December 2010 at 09:20 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Default Non Market Apps Solved

This is a pretty easy process. I went in to Root Explorer - dbdata - databases - com.android.providers.settings, copied settings.db to my sd card, edited it on my pc with a db editor changed 0 to a 1 next to non market apps. Copied it back to the original directory, rebooted and installed a non market app.

Please use caution. If you want to make sure the db save properly open it on your sd card before you copy and replace the original. It should open up as a readable table. If it opens up in a txt editor its corrupt. This permanently enables non market apps. You can not toggle it on and off.

I will try and post pictures soon.

**If this has helped you please consider a donation.**

Thanks

kirbo20
Old
(Last edited by kirbo20; 19th July 2010 at 01:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME

clubtech
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Which DB Editor did you use?
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

kirbo20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtech View Post
Which DB Editor did you use?
Actually its just called Data Base Editor. Program Files says is by ACID/ODE. I will post a link.

Here
Muhamadabdelaall Old
(Last edited by Muhamadabdelaall; 17th July 2010 at 07:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Captivate Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo20 View Post
Actually its just called Data Base Editor. Program Files says is by ACID/ODE. I will post a link.

Here
Does it mean th after this you are able to install any 3rd party application with no restrictions?

Thanks

modest_mandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 107
You can actually do it through firefox too. There's a firefox addon called 'SQLite manager' that you can use to edit the file, if you don't want to download a separate program.

YellowGTO
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Root Explorer is the pay program on the market? Any free alternitives?

iJITSU
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Are you just trying to install non-market apps on the Captivate? If so, then just download the usb driver for the Captivate and then Droid Explorer (may also need SDK installed; not sure). With Droid Explorer, you can easily load non-market apps within seconds. Good solution for a non tech guy like me.

ewingr
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Being brand spanking new to Android, still have question. I like very specific instructions.

Do you download files to whatever directory you want to make and put the files in? Then is there an option to select, and do install? My background is WinMO, so on that you can just use a file explorer and double click or tap, and it installs.

kirbo20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhamadabdelaall View Post

Does it mean th after this you are able to install any 3rd party application with no restrictions?

Thanks
Yes

(too short)