(Updated) Reflash Your Vibrant To Original Firmware, Plus alt Kies Mini Method to 2.3
I haven't been able to update this post in quite awhile due to travels abroad. And since its is still being used as a reference, I want to make sure the information is valid. I've removed links to the T959UVJE8 firmware, as it was causing issues for people. Included is a more recent firmware package T959UVJFD.
Please take note: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Using Oden, you'll first need to put your device into Download Mode. From a device still on Vibrant firmware, you'll need to hold down the "volume down" button while booting. If you've been playing with I9000 firmware's like I was, your volume has been reversed and the reverse applies to you, "up volume". If you still can't enter download mode, you may want to try holding down the volume key + the power button. Plugging in your USB cable may also aid your efforts to enter download mode.
Once in download mode, use the attached files below to flash your device. I'll give you a quick run through of Odin, but for detailed information I'd suggest this YouTube video
. Keep in mind that in this video the poster is actually flashing an I9000. But the process is similar in all respects with the only difference being the key combination used to enter Download Mode.
A system wipe beforehand is recommended. If your having Market issues after flashing, this is more than likely the culprit.
1. Extract Oden, and run as Administrator.
2. Extract the .pit file, click the PIT button in Oden, and load the file you just extracted.
3. Updated... Download the T959UVJFD.tar firmware image to the same directory as your PIT file. This will be selected as your "PDA" file.
4. Under Options, be sure the following three boxes are checked. Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, and F. Reset Time. Update... also check "Phone EFS Clear" and "Phone Bootloader Update".
5. Put your device in download mode and plug it in. Specific COM ports are unimportant at this point, if you see the "ID:COM" field turn yellow, your in business. If you receive a message that says driver failed to install, or couldn't be found, extract and install the attached drivers file, and direct "Windows Hardware Manager" to search for the driver in the extracted drivers folder. I've seen better results using this manual approach, versus the installer.
6. Now press start, sit back, and be patient. In my case, the install only took around a minute.
After installation has finished your sent to recovery, just hit the power button, and have patience. Remember that your first boot can take a few minutes, so no pushing buttons, unplugging, or battery removals.
FYI; I stopped and rebooted my phone at every sequence during this flash process, and I never bricked. Not necessarily intentionally, but I am very rough on my toys. Even after freezing or stalling partway through cache setup, factoryfs, you name it, no paper weight. This phone is stout!
Odin Firmware Flashing Tool, Odin3 Version 1.81
Megaupload, Odin Firmware Flashing Tool, Odin3 Version 1.81
Multiupload Mirrors, Odin Firmware Flashing Tool, Odin3 Version 1.81
Pit file, as mentioned in other threads, the 512 seems to work best...
512 PIT File
Multiupload Mirrors, 512 PIT File
x86 & x64 drivers directly from Samsung:
Windows x86 & x64 Drivers Directly From Samsung
Windows x86 & x64 Drivers Directly From Samsung, Local Attachment
Windows x86 & x64 Drivers Directly From Samsung, Multiupload Mirror
Windows x86 & x64 Drivers Directly From Samsung, Megaupload Mirror
Samsung Installable Drivers, located on Softpedia. I'd recommend manually installing your drivers. My results using the installer weren't great...
Windows x64 Drivers on Softpedia
Windows x86 Drivers on Softpedia
(Update)T959UVJFD Firmwares, ODIN Flashable:
Megaupload, T959UVJFD Stock Vibrant, Odin Flashable... (PDA)
Depositfiles Mirror, T959UVJFD Stock Vibrant, Odin Flashable... (PDA)
(Update) Kies Mini Installer Method:
An alternate method is to use Samsungs Kies Mini Installer
. Using this method you'll actually be updating your device to the latest Froyo 2.3 Firmware directly from Samsung. An internet connection is required, but driver installation, as well as firmware download and flashing, are all performed automatically. This method of Original restoration should be absolutely noob proof.
Samsungs Kies Mini Installer, Direct Download
Samsungs Kies Mini Installer, Multiupload Mirrors