Cyanogenmod Nightly Build [check link for newest version] Update 7/24 Full Market
Originally Posted by Nightly Banner
** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported.
** Please refrain from submitting bug reports for any issues
** you may encounter while running one of these builds.
** Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
** cause of male impotence.
There is another thread in general evo discussion and it has like 140 pages and growing and there is a lot of mess.
Here is the link for nightly build. This isn't full official or anything but it is CM! From reading so far I can read FM radio does NOT work or 4G.
1) Go into Recovery - RA or CW - it doesn't matter. Proven to work on both.
2) Wipe Data
3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik - iif you have that choice depending on Recovery
4) Install from zip on sdcard
5) Locate CM 6 - nightly build
6) Install the CM 6
7) Once that is completed - install the Radio. If you have already done this - please skip.
8) Skip the WiMax for you. It doesn't function at the moment anyways.
9) Install the gapps - with the "hdpi" not the "mdpi"(for smaller screens) make sure its the FRF91 signed apk. So a search for it. It's been posted and mirrors a million times already.
10) Once completed - select reboot and the swirling lines should go from multi-color to blue and then boot up. Give it a few mins. Everyone is different on the time length. It should not take over 5 mins.
Originally Posted by Cyanogen
It's overclockable, just install SetCPU. I'd suggest not using any other kernel right now until people get a feel for this. There are a bunch of patches in that are needed to have everything working correctly.
If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?