Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Exchange questions

Tip us?

GermanGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 117
Default Exchange questions

I am new to Android. Have been a longtime WindowsMobile user. The Captivate has a menu to synchronize with exchange including mail, contacts and calenders. I got mail to work, but contacts and calender do not synch. I would assume it is officially supported since it is in the menu. Has anybody else got it to work, meaning can you pull contacts and calender from your exchange account down to your phone?
AT&T HTC One M8

skullvet
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes, mine works fine. Is auto synch off under menu/synch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
Verizon Galaxy S5?
Verizon Galaxy Note 2
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
Motorola Droid Bionic
Motorola Xoom
ATT Samsung Captivate

fade2black
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mine is working fine too. I went in and disabled the Contact synchronization and it looked like everything (mail, calendar, contacts) is all enabled by default. I think I remember seeing the settings when I initially set it up too. Go into your calendar and then into the settings and make sure it is displaying your exchange calendar. Same thing with the contacts.

cellgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Mine works great. In fact a little tooooo good. I have it syncing with my Google contacts and my exchange contacts. . .

One note. The client on the Captivate is not a full exchange client. That's apparently an Android V2.2 feature. That means there are some features that worked on my BB and my Nokia E72 that don't work on the Captivate. The most notable, and irratating is any http link embedded into an appointment note is treated as straight text. So if you have an airlines check in appointment, or link to a map - you can't just click on it and have a browser take you to the link. . . .or at least I haven't figure out how to make that work yet.
One, SGS3, HOX, and too many others to list. . . .

GermanGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 117
ok. The whole Activesync exchange seems very screwy on Android. I deleted exchange account and re-added it. Now, I can see and synch all my contacts, but I only get some of my calender items. I downloaded TouchDown, and via Touchdown I can sync my email but I do not see contacts or calender. I am pretty techsavvy, so this just baffles me.
AT&T HTC One M8

moosic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is it possible to look up a name against the GAL/company address book with the stock android client when composing an email message?

Rizz67
Old
(Last edited by Rizz67; 23rd July 2010 at 07:43 PM.) Reason: *Typos*
Thanks Meter 2
I have been able to "Lookup" emails through the GAL. Simply type a name in the To Field, hit search. You are taken to a new screen where you can do a lookup. One note though. I have not seen FULL integration with the GAL. For instance, our company has Email, Direct Dial, Fax, Cell, Address all entered in the AD. This makes it easy to look up phone numbers. Cant seem to get that to work in the phone search

XBoomer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default having issues sending appointments from phone

I'm using Exchange and stock email client. I've tried to send meetings to people in my GAL, but they never receive the invite. Anyone else having the issue?\

lionheartck
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This is a known issue with the captivate. Hopefully there is a fix on the way. It was supposed to work seemlessly out of the box, but there are some problems.