[GUIDE] Decrypting your own branded ROM

Search This thread

xeviro

Nov 21, 2007
Singapore
Fastest way to decrypt your own branded ROM by Binary
FYI:
You can also use the new tool here. Usage:

SEUSDECRYPT.BAT FILE_XXXXXXXX -> That gives you a FILE_XXXXXX.tgz -> Unzip -> Then Untar the File which comes out

If you SEUSDECRYPT the small 64kb File you get directly the loader.sin no need to unzip and untar

Regards
Bin4ry

You may find the ConvertTools below.. This is just sick :D:D

Old way of decrypting ROM

Below is the guide to decrypting ROM which comes from SEUS. By following this guide, you will have your branded ROM decrypted as SIN files and later you can flash back the ROM to X10 with flashtools. So you can root and debrand all you like without worry because later you can flash your branded ROM back to your X10.

Tools:
jerpelea SIN Reconstructor
http://hotfile.com/dl/52847024/13749f6/SIN_Reconstructor.rar.html

Requirement:
Your Xperia X10 must have the any version of the branded ROM installed first. If you already rooted or debranded it, you must rebrand it with your ROM first. See other threads about how to achieve this. The SIN Reconstructor tools cannot be used to extract the tho downloaded ROM files directly.

Step 1. Getting the extracted ROM from SUES
  1. Task: Getting the targeted ROM files ready to be flashed with SEUS.
    Do an update with SEUS to get your latest branded ROM, and let the ROM to be flashed to your X10. After this you will have the two files in SEUS db ready and next flashing, you don't need to download anymore and SEUS will flash it directly for you.
  2. Task: Installing the extractor files to SEUS
    Inside SIN Reconstructor, you will find com.sonyericsson.cs.usbflashnative_2.10.6.24.jar in seus directory. Backup your usbflashnative.jar from your SEUS plugin's directory somewhere else first, then copy the com.sonyericsson.cs.usbflashnative_2.10.6.24.jar file to plugin directory and then rename to the one you back up just now.
  3. Task: Extracting ROM with dump0
    Now you create a file in SEUS root. You need to create a file name dump0, make sure its dump0, not dump0.txt if you create the file using notepad and rename it. The run the SEUS update again. This will reflash your X10 then afterward, you get a lot of sign and bin files in SEUS root directory. Then you move the file somewhere else first
  4. Task: Extracting ROM with dump1
    Same as above but now you need a file name dump1, and the file dump0 must not exists in SEUS directory. After you are finished with reflash, you will have a lot of sign and bin files again, then move somewhere else.

Step 2. Identifying the bin and sign files
Because the extracted rom files are named in number, you need to identify and rename them first. When renaming, you need to rename pair of sign and bin files to the designated name.

When making SIN files, you only need to create this file below:
  • amss.sin
  • boot.sin
  • dsp1.sin
  • recovery.sin
  • system.sin
  • userdata.sin

The rest of SIN files is the same with other debranded SIN files you downloaded before which are:
  • amss_fs.sin
  • apps-log.sin
  • cache.sin
  • fota0.sin
  • fota1.sin

How to identify is very easy, find the file and the rename
  • amss file size is about 15Mb
  • boot file size is about 5.1Mb
  • dsp1 file size is about 8Mb
  • recovery file size is about 5.4Mb and bigger then boot.sign
  • system file size is the largest
  • userdata file size is 4Kb

When you have all this pairs renamed, copy them to SIN Extractor files directory.
Then we need to recheck the rebuild.cmd against the sign file size. Guides taken from rebuild.cmd
Code:
@echo off
@echo sizes are adjustable for every sign file
@echo if your file size differs from mine 
@echo adjust count= vith the value obtained from 
@echo size of .sign file -17 and correct the value
@pause

@echo amss.sin
@..\tools\dd if=../files/amss.sign bs=1 skip=13 count=4074>amss.sin
@..\tools\cat ../files/amss.bin >>amss.sin
Meaning that if the amss.sign file size is for example 5017, then you need to change the count into 5000.

If you finished to this step, you have the you decrypted rom almost ready, all you need to do is copy the amss_fs.sin, apps-log.sin, cache.sin, fota0.sin, fota1.sin from other debrand ROM you downloaded.

Then you have your decrypted ROM ready. Mission accomplished ;)

Attachments

• ConvertTool.zip
    174.4 KB · Views: 31,273
Last edited:

xeviro

Nov 21, 2007
Singapore
For those asking why dump0 and dump1 will create same files, except for extra 8699.bin and 8699.sign, i just recreate the dump guide, i don't know if you just do with dump1 straightaway will get you the same thing if you do dump0 and dump1. too lazy to test.

xeviro

Nov 21, 2007
Singapore
is not that i don't want to help. but decrypting rom requires you to flash your x10 with the targeted rom first. which means i need to reflash mine and do the whole thing again.

which part of the process give you.trouble. i'll help you solve it.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

xeviro

Nov 21, 2007
Singapore
If next root update come, which means i might reset my whole phone and root, and configure all over again, i might as well help you guys decrypt your branded ROM.

Please upload somewhere like megaupload or hotfile (except rapidshare) for me to download, and later i'll decrypt and post to the decrypted branded rom thread.

xeviro

Nov 21, 2007
Singapore
just have it uploaded before root fw 26 comes. as well for anyone else which wanted for me to help decrypt their branded rom

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

MrKingLouie

Jan 18, 2008
Stockholm
To late i guess, i used the exploid root method and rooted the R2BA026 Nordic Generic firmware myself so its not needed anymore, but thanks anyway :)

xeviro

Nov 21, 2007
Singapore
To late i guess, i used the exploid root method and rooted the R2BA026 Nordic Generic firmware myself so its not needed anymore, but thanks anyway :)
Wow, that's good for you. Where is this exploit root method discussion anyway. Seems that i missed the posts. Even though i doubt i will use the exploit to root SingTel firmware now which is still a R2BA020 fw. hahaha.

we are couple steps behind the other, because the fw contains SingTel Timescape Live Traffic Update mods.

Grospolina

Jun 6, 2010
Winnipeg
Where is this exploit root method discussion anyway. Seems that i missed the posts.

It's here:

X10 Mini/Pro Root Method

You probably missed it because you thought it was about the X10 Mini/Pro. Actually, it started with instructions for using the new "exploid" root for the Mini, but then it was discovered that it also works (as is) with the X10.

The good thing about this root method is that you don't have to debrand or downgrade in order to use it. In other words, you can stay with whatever ROM you currently have and not have to lose apps, contacts, SMS, etc. But of course you can also debrand it and then root it if you want (which is nice if you want the latest firmware).

EDIT: Oops, MrKingLouie already posted the link.

Last edited:

xeviro

Nov 21, 2007
Singapore
It's here:

X10 Mini/Pro Root Method

You probably missed it because you thought it was about the X10 Mini/Pro. Actually, it started with instructions for using the new "exploid" root for the Mini, but then it was discovered that it also works (as is) with the X10.

The good thing about this root method is that you don't have to debrand or downgrade in order to use it. In other words, you can stay with whatever ROM you currently have and not have to lose apps, contacts, SMS, etc. But of course you can also debrand it and then root it if you want (which is nice if you want the latest firmware).

EDIT: Oops, MrKingLouie already posted the link.
Yes, unless your branded firmware stucks with R2BA020 like mine. Thanks for the replies anyway. I flashed mine with R2BA026 and root it.

kistigun

I'm trying to rip my branded rom but when i follow the steps i encounter some problems:

Step 1. after downloading the rom and flasing it to the x10 i cant find files ready & next flashed.

Step 3. I cant find the folder root in seus
Step 4. same as step 3

can someone help me?

Ok found the correct folders now but after replacing the plugin file SEUS wont start any more

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fastest way to decrypt your own branded ROM by Binary
    FYI:

SEUSDECRYPT.BAT FILE_XXXXXXXX -> That gives you a FILE_XXXXXX.tgz -> Unzip -> Then Untar the File which comes out

If you SEUSDECRYPT the small 64kb File you get directly the loader.sin no need to unzip and untar

Regards
    Bin4ry

You may find the ConvertTools below.. This is just sick :D:D

Old way of decrypting ROM

Below is the guide to decrypting ROM which comes from SEUS. By following this guide, you will have your branded ROM decrypted as SIN files and later you can flash back the ROM to X10 with flashtools. So you can root and debrand all you like without worry because later you can flash your branded ROM back to your X10.

Tools:
    jerpelea SIN Reconstructor
    http://hotfile.com/dl/52847024/13749f6/SIN_Reconstructor.rar.html

Requirement:
    Your Xperia X10 must have the any version of the branded ROM installed first. If you already rooted or debranded it, you must rebrand it with your ROM first. See other threads about how to achieve this. The SIN Reconstructor tools cannot be used to extract the tho downloaded ROM files directly.

Step 1. Getting the extracted ROM from SUES
    1. Task: Getting the targeted ROM files ready to be flashed with SEUS.
      Do an update with SEUS to get your latest branded ROM, and let the ROM to be flashed to your X10. After this you will have the two files in SEUS db ready and next flashing, you don't need to download anymore and SEUS will flash it directly for you.
    2. Task: Installing the extractor files to SEUS
      Inside SIN Reconstructor, you will find com.sonyericsson.cs.usbflashnative_2.10.6.24.jar in seus directory. Backup your usbflashnative.jar from your SEUS plugin's directory somewhere else first, then copy the com.sonyericsson.cs.usbflashnative_2.10.6.24.jar file to plugin directory and then rename to the one you back up just now.
    3. Task: Extracting ROM with dump0
      Now you create a file in SEUS root. You need to create a file name dump0, make sure its dump0, not dump0.txt if you create the file using notepad and rename it. The run the SEUS update again. This will reflash your X10 then afterward, you get a lot of sign and bin files in SEUS root directory. Then you move the file somewhere else first
    4. Task: Extracting ROM with dump1
      Same as above but now you need a file name dump1, and the file dump0 must not exists in SEUS directory. After you are finished with reflash, you will have a lot of sign and bin files again, then move somewhere else.

Step 2. Identifying the bin and sign files
    Because the extracted rom files are named in number, you need to identify and rename them first. When renaming, you need to rename pair of sign and bin files to the designated name.

When making SIN files, you only need to create this file below:
    • amss.sin
    • boot.sin
    • dsp1.sin
    • recovery.sin
    • system.sin
    • userdata.sin

The rest of SIN files is the same with other debranded SIN files you downloaded before which are:
    • amss_fs.sin
    • apps-log.sin
    • cache.sin
    • fota0.sin
    • fota1.sin

How to identify is very easy, find the file and the rename
    • amss file size is about 15Mb
    • boot file size is about 5.1Mb
    • dsp1 file size is about 8Mb
    • recovery file size is about 5.4Mb and bigger then boot.sign
    • system file size is the largest
    • userdata file size is 4Kb

When you have all this pairs renamed, copy them to SIN Extractor files directory.
    Then we need to recheck the rebuild.cmd against the sign file size. Guides taken from rebuild.cmd
    Code:
    @echo off
    @echo sizes are adjustable for every sign file
    @echo if your file size differs from mine 
    @echo adjust count= vith the value obtained from 
    @echo size of .sign file -17 and correct the value
    @pause

@echo amss.sin
    @..\tools\dd if=../files/amss.sign bs=1 skip=13 count=4074>amss.sin
    @..\tools\cat ../files/amss.bin >>amss.sin
    Meaning that if the amss.sign file size is for example 5017, then you need to change the count into 5000.

If you finished to this step, you have the you decrypted rom almost ready, all you need to do is copy the amss_fs.sin, apps-log.sin, cache.sin, fota0.sin, fota1.sin from other debrand ROM you downloaded.

Then you have your decrypted ROM ready. Mission accomplished ;)
    FYI:

Regards
    Bin4ry
    How about a quick tutorial for a dummy like me. I know nothing about this and would like to debrand my phone.

Thanks

OK, step by step dummys guide:

• 1 - Download Converttool
    • 2 - For simplicity, extract it to your C: Folder
    • 3 - Go to C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db\13740270(this number may be different)\blob_fs and sort the files in size order. (this is presuming you have already got SEUS installed [on your c drive] and have already used it to flash your phone with the firmware you are wanting to decrypt).
    • 4 - Copy the three largest files (one is around 145MB, one is around 15MB and one is 57kb) and paste them directly into the Converttool folder that you extracted earlier.
    • 5 - You should now have three files in your Converttool folder in the format "FILE_XXXXXXXXX" (mine are called FILE_277668258, FILE_277660897 and FILE_277196791)
    • 6 - Open up the 'Run...' command in windows and type the following :
      C:\ConvertTool\SeusDecrypt.bat FILE_XXXXXXXXX (replace FILE_XXXXXXXXX with the name of your largest FILE - mine is FILE_277668258 so I would type C:\ConvertTool\SeusDecrypt.bat FILE_277668258)
    • 7 - Press Enter, wait a moment and you should have a compressed folder with the same name as you have just entered but with the extension ".tgz" within the Converttool folder.
    • 8 - Repeat step 6 then 7 but replace the text FILE_XXXXXXXXX to the name of your second largest FILE.
    • 9 - Repeat step 6 then 7 but replace the text FILE_XXXXXXXXX to the name of your smallest FILE(this bit is optional really)
    • 10 - Now extract the largest ".tgz" file USING 7-Zip BECAUSE WINRAR WILL REPORT THE ARCHIVE AS CORRUPT!!!!! then you will get another compressed folder, this time in the format ".tar"
    • 11 - Extract the second largest ".tgz" file USING 7-Zip BECAUSE WINRAR WILL REPORT THE ARCHIVE AS CORRUPT!!!!!
    • 12 - Extract the smallest ".tgz" file USING 7-Zip BECAUSE WINRAR WILL REPORT THE ARCHIVE AS CORRUPT!!!!!
    • 13 - Extract the largest ".tar" file (this time you can use winrar if you want ;-p)
    • 14 - Extract the second largest ".tar" file (this time you can use winrar if you want ;-p)
    • 15 - RENAME the smallest ".tar" file as "loader.sin"
    • 16 - THATS IT! you should now have extracted all the files you need. The steps with the smallest file are optional because Bin4ry has included the "loader.sin" files with flashtool anyway. Very last thing, before using the files with flashtool they will all need renaming eg. from "kernel_S1-SW-LIVE-AC12-0001-S1-PARTITION.sin" to just "kernel.sin" etc.

Edit: The files you should have are as follows:

• system.sin
    • amss.sin
    • dsp1.sin
    • kernel.sin
    • fota1.sin
    • fota0.sin
    • loader.sin
    • userdata.sin
    • simlock.ta
    • cache.sin
    • amss_fs.sin
    • update.xml
    That really is as simple as I can explain it
    Decryption now also supported by new X10FlashTool :)

Look here please to stay updated:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=827065

Regards
    Bin4ry