Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

NEXUS TWO expectations

OP Alclub

11th November 2010, 11:10 AM   |  #41  
Flag Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 15

97 posts
More
I expected HTC to be the maker. I love my N1 and it would not be the same if another company makes an N2. All the new features Samsung Vibrant and more. Let see it HTC you can do it and better.!!!!!
11th November 2010, 05:19 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 213

1,779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinglink69

I expected HTC to be the maker. I love my N1 and it would not be the same if another company makes an N2. All the new features Samsung Vibrant and more. Let see it HTC you can do it and better.!!!!!

I'm an HTC guy myself.. but Sammy has been real good about its homework - they are exclusive to Super AMOLED, and their new upcoming Mali Cores (Samsung the only company ARM named so far) are very tasty.

So I dunno. Samsung may be beating HTC in the near future technology-wise.

Oh, and both my parents have Galaxy S, it's a very solid phone, and screen is way better than on my N1 (true multitouch, better GPU, etc). So stop hatin' and smell the flowers.
11th November 2010, 05:41 PM   |  #43  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 316

2,221 posts
Personally, I'd like to see Google focusing on and driving standard hardware interfaces.

You can walk into any electronics store and find endless devices that hook up to that fruit phone, from car stereos, hi-fi docks, TV docs, etc. They are also relatively cheap because they are mass produced (one common interface).

For the Nexus there's... not much. I can hook it up to my car, but I can't browse tracks from the car, can't play video, etc. Some other Androids may be better supported, but still nothing like the fruit phone gadgets that you can get pretty much anywhere...

For me, this is where I would like Google to go with hardware. ONE STANDARD CONNECTION.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
11th November 2010, 07:22 PM   |  #44  
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 88

258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger-rat

Personally, I'd like to see Google focusing on and driving standard hardware interfaces.

You can walk into any electronics store and find endless devices that hook up to that fruit phone, from car stereos, hi-fi docks, TV docs, etc. They are also relatively cheap because they are mass produced (one common interface).

For the Nexus there's... not much. I can hook it up to my car, but I can't browse tracks from the car, can't play video, etc. Some other Androids may be better supported, but still nothing like the fruit phone gadgets that you can get pretty much anywhere...

For me, this is where I would like Google to go with hardware. ONE STANDARD CONNECTION.

microUSB....
11th November 2010, 07:42 PM   |  #45  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 316

2,221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by th0r615

microUSB....

Both my cars have USB hook-up, but it doesn't work well. It plays mp3s, but not movies. It lists tracks by the file name, not mp3 tags. Only sorts by folder, not by artist, or genre, or album, etc.

I have a fruit pod interface that works great, and gives me full access and control.

My AV receiver has a fruit interface, but not USB. My clock radio at work, boombox, night stand clock, all support the iPod, but none have USB. I have a studio quality mic that turns my iPod into a high quality digital recorder. I hook my iPod up to the TVs in hotel rooms when I travel...

Also, not all Androids have mUSB, so switching phones may mean new chargers, new USB cables, etc...

There still isn't too many mUSB gadgets out there, either, but maybe it would get more support if it was adopted across the board...

11th November 2010, 08:18 PM   |  #46  
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 88

258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger-rat

Both my cars have USB hook-up, but it doesn't work well. It plays mp3s, but not movies. It lists tracks by the file name, not mp3 tags. Only sorts by folder, not by artist, or genre, or album, etc.

I have a fruit pod interface that works great, and gives me full access and control.

My AV receiver has a fruit interface, but not USB. My clock radio at work, boombox, night stand clock, all support the iPod, but none have USB. I have a studio quality mic that turns my iPod into a high quality digital recorder. I hook my iPod up to the TVs in hotel rooms when I travel...

Also, not all Androids have mUSB, so switching phones may mean new chargers, new USB cables, etc...

There still isn't too many mUSB gadgets out there, either, but maybe it would get more support if it was adopted across the board...

Every android phone? No. Most? Yep. (HTC phones, Moto Droids, Samsung, ect..)
Blame the accessory manufactures then or just buy boomboxes, night stands, car radios that work with Bluetooth.

Forcing every manufacturer that makes an android device to use some kind of proprietary connection isn't going to happen.
12th November 2010, 10:17 AM   |  #47  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 1,785

8,000 posts
More
Actually it more or less is from now on, µUSB is the industry standard for phone charging.

Apple will most likely be ignoring it though.
12th November 2010, 01:24 PM   |  #48  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 2,444

5,061 posts
More
Imagine if you could send in your n1 to Google and they upgrade the internals... refurbish the exterior and send it back.
:0
12th November 2010, 08:55 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
More
The EC gave the cell phone manufacturers a little nudge a while ago regarding the plethora of choices in cell phone charging plugs. Too many chargers going to the garbage every time you changed cell phones. I don't know where Apple stands in all this
http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/secto...s/index_en.htm
13th November 2010, 01:20 PM   |  #50  
Flag Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 15

97 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDvr

I'm an HTC guy myself.. but Sammy has been real good about its homework - they are exclusive to Super AMOLED, and their new upcoming Mali Cores (Samsung the only company ARM named so far) are very tasty.

Oh, and both my parents have Galaxy S, it's a very solid phone, and screen is way better than on my N1 (true multitouch, better GPU, etc). So stop hatin' and smell the flowers.

There is nothing wrong with Samsung Galaxy, I have purchased 2 of the vibrants. One for my son and the other for my girl friend. It looks simlair to the Iphone and I dislike the Iphone. If the body had a different look I would have purchase one for myself. Everyone has their own taste and the Galaxy is not my cup of tea. Not a hater

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread