Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] NoLED v6.0.19 - Use the AMOLED screen for incoming notifications

Tip us?

bommel0815
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
You mean the screen does not respond to your touches to unlock it ? if so, does tapping on the power button to turn the screen off and then pressing the Home button fix the problem ?
well, now that I try to reproduce it again, it works..but I will post with the results when it happens again, thanks

otherwise great app and great idea, thanks!

pingpongboss
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for developing this incredibly useful app! However, it has accelerated my battery drain while active, and so its not a very practical solution for me yet.

At 8:00AM, I got an email, and NoLED started to display a blinking purple dot. The battery drained ~2x as quickly.
Software Engineer working on Android at Google. In my spare time, I hack on projects like [APP][2.1+] StandOut - Create Floating Apps.

kamikaze2075
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I just wanna say THANK YOU for that amazing good workling app!
Thats fantastic and it gives my GT-9000 perfection. Thanks a lot.

regards kamikaze2075

madmack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpongboss View Post
Thanks for developing this incredibly useful app! However, it has accelerated my battery drain while active, and so its not a very practical solution for me yet.

At 8:00AM, I got an email, and NoLED started to display a blinking purple dot. The battery drained ~2x as quickly.
wow, what app is this ?

emelie
Old
(Last edited by emelie; 16th August 2010 at 07:21 PM.) Reason: missing word
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
wow, what app is this ?
SystemPanel - http://www.appbrain.com/app/nextapp.systempanel.r1
they also got a lite version but i highly recommend the paid version as it adds the very valuable feature of system monitoring.
the output of said monitoring what you're seeing in the screenshot posted above
Tablet: Kindle Fire
running on CM 9 2012-02-19 | recovery: TWRP 2.0 | kernel: intersectRaven's 20120216_1740

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S I9000
running on Rom Kitchen.XXJVT (Android 2.3.5) | kernel powered by SpeedMod Gingerbread K16-11

prosto_mike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default K9 mail and NoLed

I want to say thank you for the great app. It works great on my Vibrant. I only have a small issue - it doesnt notify of new emails when the phone is set to vibrate only (texts, missed calls, gmail - no problem there). I am using K9 mail. I saw it says that it might not work with third party apps so I was just wondering in anyone using K9 mail and NoLed have it working in vibrate/silent mode, if yes can you share the settings to tweak?

Thanks

madmack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosto_mike View Post
I want to say thank you for the great app. It works great on my Vibrant. I only have a small issue - it doesnt notify of new emails when the phone is set to vibrate only (texts, missed calls, gmail - no problem there). I am using K9 mail. I saw it says that it might not work with third party apps so I was just wondering in anyone using K9 mail and NoLed have it working in vibrate/silent mode, if yes can you share the settings to tweak?

Thanks
It shouldn't work with 3rd party apps in silent/vibrate mode. The only for you to fix this is to make k9mail play an empty notification sound when you have an email. so put silent.mp3 for example in /sdcard/sd/media/audio/notifications and then select that file as your notification tone in k9mail. a red dot should appear now.

prosto_mike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It shouldn't work with 3rd party apps in silent/vibrate mode. The only for you to fix this is to make k9mail play an empty notification sound when you have an email. so put silent.mp3 for example in /sdcard/sd/media/audio/notifications and then select that file as your notification tone in k9mail. a red dot should appear now.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will give this a shot although, I would think that in vibrate/silent mode it would not trigger any sound notification at all ...

madmack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosto_mike View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I will give this a shot although, I would think that in vibrate/silent mode it would not trigger any sound notification at all ...
true. some apps do play notifications though even though you've set your phone's mode to "vibrate/silent". FotMob was one of them. so i'd say its worth a shot.

Mysteryjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Follow up

This seems to work / not work intermitently. I don't know why. I love it when it works, it's a great tool....... I'm not doing anything else with my phone in between, so I don't understand.

For now, it doesn't seem to be reliable on my Captivate. I'll keep watching for updates.

Again, I would def pay for a version that you could customize and would notify of voicemails. I'm of the mindset that a missed call is no big deal. If the call was important, they'd leave me a message and then I want that notification. But, I'm also not the typical cell phone user that has it glued to their hand/ear, etc. either.

Thanks.

Tags
noled