[APP] NoLED v6.0.19 - Use the AMOLED screen for incoming notifications

16th August 2010, 06:09 PM   |  #451  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 1

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack

You mean the screen does not respond to your touches to unlock it ? if so, does tapping on the power button to turn the screen off and then pressing the Home button fix the problem ?

well, now that I try to reproduce it again, it works..but I will post with the results when it happens again, thanks

otherwise great app and great idea, thanks!
16th August 2010, 06:18 PM   |  #452  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 289

517 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks for developing this incredibly useful app! However, it has accelerated my battery drain while active, and so its not a very practical solution for me yet.

At 8:00AM, I got an email, and NoLED started to display a blinking purple dot. The battery drained ~2x as quickly.
16th August 2010, 06:44 PM   |  #453  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
More
I just wanna say THANK YOU for that amazing good workling app!
Thats fantastic and it gives my GT-9000 perfection. Thanks a lot.

regards kamikaze2075
16th August 2010, 07:08 PM   |  #454  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 4,418

3,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpongboss

Thanks for developing this incredibly useful app! However, it has accelerated my battery drain while active, and so its not a very practical solution for me yet.

At 8:00AM, I got an email, and NoLED started to display a blinking purple dot. The battery drained ~2x as quickly.

wow, what app is this ?
16th August 2010, 07:20 PM   |  #455  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 14

323 posts
More
Quote:

wow, what app is this ?

SystemPanel - http://www.appbrain.com/app/nextapp.systempanel.r1
they also got a lite version but i highly recommend the paid version as it adds the very valuable feature of system monitoring.
the output of said monitoring what you're seeing in the screenshot posted above
Last edited by emelie; 16th August 2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: missing word
16th August 2010, 08:51 PM   |  #456  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
K9 mail and NoLed
I want to say thank you for the great app. It works great on my Vibrant. I only have a small issue - it doesnt notify of new emails when the phone is set to vibrate only (texts, missed calls, gmail - no problem there). I am using K9 mail. I saw it says that it might not work with third party apps so I was just wondering in anyone using K9 mail and NoLed have it working in vibrate/silent mode, if yes can you share the settings to tweak?

Thanks
16th August 2010, 08:55 PM   |  #457  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

3,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosto_mike

I want to say thank you for the great app. It works great on my Vibrant. I only have a small issue - it doesnt notify of new emails when the phone is set to vibrate only (texts, missed calls, gmail - no problem there). I am using K9 mail. I saw it says that it might not work with third party apps so I was just wondering in anyone using K9 mail and NoLed have it working in vibrate/silent mode, if yes can you share the settings to tweak?

Thanks

It shouldn't work with 3rd party apps in silent/vibrate mode. The only for you to fix this is to make k9mail play an empty notification sound when you have an email. so put silent.mp3 for example in /sdcard/sd/media/audio/notifications and then select that file as your notification tone in k9mail. a red dot should appear now.
16th August 2010, 09:23 PM   |  #458  
Flag Portland, OR

25 posts
More
Quote:

It shouldn't work with 3rd party apps in silent/vibrate mode. The only for you to fix this is to make k9mail play an empty notification sound when you have an email. so put silent.mp3 for example in /sdcard/sd/media/audio/notifications and then select that file as your notification tone in k9mail. a red dot should appear now.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give this a shot although, I would think that in vibrate/silent mode it would not trigger any sound notification at all ...
16th August 2010, 09:46 PM   |  #459  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

3,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosto_mike

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give this a shot although, I would think that in vibrate/silent mode it would not trigger any sound notification at all ...

true. some apps do play notifications though even though you've set your phone's mode to "vibrate/silent". FotMob was one of them. so i'd say its worth a shot.
16th August 2010, 10:41 PM   |  #460  

6 posts
Follow up
This seems to work / not work intermitently. I don't know why. I love it when it works, it's a great tool....... I'm not doing anything else with my phone in between, so I don't understand.

For now, it doesn't seem to be reliable on my Captivate. I'll keep watching for updates.

Again, I would def pay for a version that you could customize and would notify of voicemails. I'm of the mindset that a missed call is no big deal. If the call was important, they'd leave me a message and then I want that notification. But, I'm also not the typical cell phone user that has it glued to their hand/ear, etc. either.

Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
noled
Previous Thread Next Thread