[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY

Search This thread

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
  2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
  3. Open Odin
  4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
  5. Click Start
  6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
  2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
  1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
  2. adb shell
  3. adb reboot download
Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
  • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
  • Insert the battery
  • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
  • Insert the battery
  • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
  • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
Windows 64bit
Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
You can get it here

Last edited by a moderator:

sejin

Jul 7, 2008
how do u use odin? i open it, i see start and master clear.

Last edited:

designgears

Feb 9, 2010
SLC
very good question, I have no idea... I wont have my phone back for a few days.

mcvert

Jul 20, 2010
Stanford, CA
downloading right now...
hopefully this flashes stock captivate firmware?

UPDATE: just ran it on my captivate (which was actually flashed to vibrant firmware and rooted)
it really is one-click! very convenient. just plugged in my phone in download mode.
but IT REALLY DOES WORK i'm back onto my captivate stock firmware, though it did wipe user data.
i did lose root, but... yeah. no biggy.

VERY GOOD FIND

Last edited:
Reactions: hirent

designgears

Feb 9, 2010
SLC
downloading right now...
hopefully this flashes stock captivate firmware?

UPDATE: just ran it on my captivate (which was actually flashed to vibrant firmware and rooted)
it really is one-click! very convenient. just plugged in my phone in download mode.
but IT REALLY DOES WORK i'm back onto my captivate stock firmware, though it did wipe user data.
i did lose root, but... yeah. no biggy.

VERY GOOD FIND

Awesome!! Did you have to do anything special to get it to see your phone or did you just plug it in and click start?

Reactions: AllieB

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
Did it stay on "File analysis" for a long time?

NM, did a restart of Odin, it's all good now. :)

Last edited:

sejin

Jul 7, 2008
can u give step/step directions? i'm having issues.

1. i put in downloading mode
2. i open odin
3. i plug in usb
4. and it just stays at file analysis, nothing else happens. how long do i need to wait?

i'm using win 7 x64. i have kies installed.

mcvert

Jul 20, 2010
Stanford, CA

if you're getting that, quit and unplug the phone, take out the battery so it's completely dead (and take out the sim card while you're at it)

then put back just the battery and put the phone into download mode (volume down + power)

then run odin and THEN plug in the phone. you have to do it in the right order otherwise it gets stuck on file analysis. go figure.

sejin

Jul 7, 2008
ok i did that..now i'm stuck. i have a computer and phone icon with a yellow sign in between. nothing happens. did i just brick my phone?? HELP :((((

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
ok i did that..now i'm stuck. i have a computer and phone icon with a yellow sign in between. nothing happens. did i just brick my phone?? HELP (((

No.

If you had a messed up original Captivate install, do this:

Unplug
Remove Battery
Reinstall Battery
Hold the DOWN volume button, THEN the power button.
Should go right into Download mode
Open the Odin flasher
Plug USB in
Wait for the connection.

If you're trying to recover from having Vibrant firmware installed, it's the same, but you need to hold the VOLUME UP button instead of DOWN.

sejin

Jul 7, 2008
i did exactly what u said, remove battery completely, insert battery, hold down first, then press power until it powers up. i get the same issue. a black screen with a graphic that looks like this:

(phone graphic)- - - yellow sign with "!" mark - - - (computer graphic)

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
i did exactly what u said, remove battery completely, insert battery, hold down first, then press power until it powers up. i get the same issue. a black screen with a graphic that looks like this:

(phone graphic)- - - yellow sign with "!" mark - - - (computer graphic)

I had the same exact issue while trying to flash the firmware. What you need to do is make sure your phone is off. Open Odin. Attach the phone to your PC. Hold down and press power and it will boot into downloading mode. ODIN MUST BE OPEN!

As long as its attached to the PC and Odin is open it will go into downloading mode, not the picture that you are seeing.

Last edited:
Reactions: FerociousAndroid

sejin

Jul 7, 2008
1. i opened odin
2. i removed/inserted battery so phone is off

now comes the problems.
1. i put the usb cable into the phone, and the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
2. i hold down and power, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
3. i hold down and power right when i insert the usb cable, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.

i cannot enter downloading mode. i really appreciate your assistance, but i cannot get into the yelllow digger :(

designgears

Feb 9, 2010
SLC
well, looks like the guy with his files where they shouldnt be removed the file.

Can someone mirror it? I downloaded it at work, dont have it at home.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
    I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
    If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
    2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
    3. Open Odin
    4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
    5. Click Start
    6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
    2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
    Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
    1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
    2. adb shell
    3. adb reboot download
    Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
    Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
    • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
    Windows 64bit
    Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
    http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
    UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here
    I uploaded this on my Fileserve account if anyone needs a working link:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/emnCn2j

if you're getting that, quit and unplug the phone, take out the battery so it's completely dead (and take out the sim card while you're at it)

then put back just the battery and put the phone into download mode (volume down + power)

then run odin and THEN plug in the phone. you have to do it in the right order otherwise it gets stuck on file analysis. go figure.
    Right-clicked the app and chose "Run as administrator"? I can't think of anything else other than to try CP3P0LOL's odin 2.1 package, which is safer anyway, because it includes the 3 button combo fix.

Tried the administrator route... no go. I'll give the other way a shot tomorrow since I've got an early start to the day.

Thanks!
    Your phone is likely not bricked. Get or create a jig to get your phone into download mode.

The rest is easy: running the Odin package in this thread, rooting your phone, and installing CWM are all the steps you need to install CyanogenMod.

The root files and CWM files are attached for when you reach that point. Each should be renamed to update.zip and placed in the SD card root directory of your phone. Reboot into recovery (easiest is via adb reboot recovery but that requires a fair amount of configuration to get working) and select the reinstall packages option both times; root first, then CWM.

You don't need to root first, just use the cwm zip then flash whatever Rom you want, the Rom will be rooted, rooting before installing cwm to simply flash a Rom is like wiping before you poop