Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 44,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post Your Screens

Tip us?
 
dscottjr81
Old
(Last edited by dscottjr81; 26th July 2010 at 11:56 PM.)
#31  
dscottjr81's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 1,437
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta
A little simplicity
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20100726_185003.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	367397   Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20100726_185010.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	367398  
https://twitter.com
Devices
Verizon Gun Metal M8. Gold 32GB 5S. T-Mo Black or Grey G? Looks Grey to me.
 
justreboot
Old
#32  
justreboot's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 396
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman219 View Post
Work in Progress:
What's that weather app? Looks to be exactly what I'm looking for...
 
pman219
Old
#33  
pman219's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 164
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rochester
Quote:
Originally Posted by justreboot View Post
What's that weather app? Looks to be exactly what I'm looking for...
It's weatherbug elite... widget with the background turned off



Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
 
mezdup
Old
#34  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionTHEFecalExcretion View Post
Your picture is showing up. Looks good man. The clock widget I am using is Fancy Widget, a HTC Clock Widget replica that was pulled from the market. It is EXACTLY the HTC clock, pixel for pixel. Beatiful widgets is awesome and there are alot of great skins but im partial to this app for some reason. Old habits die hard. I have attached a copy of the last version that was ever released.

Looking Good everyone! Lets keep this rolling and share ideas!

apologies and thanks in advance

does your phone need to be rooted in order to install the .apk? if not how do i do it?

a link to some noob thread would also work if there is one
 
LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
#35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 483
Posts: 1,061
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezdup View Post
apologies and thanks in advance

does your phone need to be rooted in order to install the .apk? if not how do i do it?

a link to some noob thread would also work if there is one
No, root is not required.

Move the Fancy Widget apk file onto your sd card.

Download "Astro File Manager" from the Android Market

Open astro and navigate to the folder with the file we just moved.

Click on the file and choose app manager from the options.

Click install.

If you get a popup that says "allow install of third party apps" check the box and go back to the install and click install.

Great! Almost done, now on the home screen, click menu then add and choose fancy widget.
 
mezdup
Old
#36  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionTHEFecalExcretion View Post
No, root is not required.

Move the Fancy Widget apk file onto your sd card.

Download "Astro File Manager" from the Android Market

Open astro and navigate to the folder with the file we just moved.

Click on the file and choose app manager from the options.

Click install.

If you get a popup that says "allow install of third party apps" check the box and go back to the install and click install.

Great! Almost done, now on the home screen, click menu then add and choose fancy widget.
much appreciated. i'll probably be posting some screens in the near future.
 
LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
#37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 483
Posts: 1,061
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottjr81 View Post
A little simplicity

I like the black status bar, Ill probably take the plunge soon enough but messing with the framework scares the bejeezus out of me.

I noticed that your setcpu settings were for 800-1000 Min\Max. Do you see a noticable improvement in performance? How does that affect your battery life?
 
mavermc
Old
#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 100
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
It's called Widgetlocker Lockscreen and will let you place any widget you have on a lockscreen that acts in the place of the stock lockscreen. You can also add custom sliders that link directly from the lockscreen to the app selected like in my screen above.

I have bought this app and i have no idea where the menu is that your talking about to add these custom sliders. They look awesome and i'd love to add these they would be perfect for what i use my phone for. Anychance you can point me in the right direction?
 
dscottjr81
Old
#39  
dscottjr81's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 1,437
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionTHEFecalExcretion View Post
I like the black status bar, Ill probably take the plunge soon enough but messing with the framework scares the bejeezus out of me.

I noticed that your setcpu settings were for 800-1000 Min\Max. Do you see a noticable improvement in performance? How does that affect your battery life?
I do see a noticeable difference in performance and to be quite honest the battery life has not been an issue.
https://twitter.com
Devices
Verizon Gun Metal M8. Gold 32GB 5S. T-Mo Black or Grey G? Looks Grey to me.
 
Mikerrrrrrrr
Old
#40  
Mikerrrrrrrr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 92
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavermc View Post
I have bought this app and i have no idea where the menu is that your talking about to add these custom sliders. They look awesome and i'd love to add these they would be perfect for what i use my phone for. Anychance you can point me in the right direction?
Add>Widget>Custom Sliders

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes