Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more
Thread Deleted

Is it IGO 8 or my Memory Card have problems?

OP Ombre1

25th July 2010, 09:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Amora
Thanks Meter: 1

42 posts
More
Hi people,everithing was workin fine until last week.I have igo8 installed on my memory card(Kingston 8gb)for about 4-5months and before some days makes me crazy,everytime i start it the aplication ask me to install it :eek: and to use the navigation i was forced to make all the steps everytime .I format Memory Card and install igo 8 again,no problems until yesterday,igo icon was blank and when i tap on it the phone freeze .I think the problem is in neotouch but i hope is in memory card or igo8.What do you think people?
25th July 2010, 09:20 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Amora

42 posts
More
here is screenshot of igo8 icon http://img80.imageshack.us/i/screen001ua.png/
25th July 2010, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
same thing happens to me ,with other programm(Vito Notes).
i think it has to do with the s200 reading the SD.
29th July 2010, 11:27 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

47 posts
More
Most definite it's a problem while reading the memory card. First step reboot and try again. Second step: Check the memory card in another computer. Third step: Remove any software which might "grab" the card handler. Hope that helps.
29th July 2010, 01:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Amora

42 posts
More
I always make all these steps without the last one.What you mean with "Remove any software which might "grab" the card handler"?And one more thing,when i check the files in IGO folder i found something crazy,files that i cant delete :eek:,here is the screenshot
Last edited by Ombre1; 29th July 2010 at 01:59 PM.
29th July 2010, 09:42 PM   |  #6  

47 posts
More
Ouch. That looks like a corrupted file system on your card. If you got a valid backup from your card you should reformat the memory card and then copy all files back onto it. If not, backup all files (which are still readable) to a PC and then reformat the card, copy all other valid files back and reinstall the missing files.

Answer to the "grab" statement: Programs like CardExport or any other program which allows reading the memory card via USB connection will hide the memory card from your device while active by "grabbing" access to the memory card.
30th July 2010, 02:12 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Amora

42 posts
More
"That looks like a corrupted file system on your card".Yes,i think you are right.This is not the first time this happening,maybe is better to buy another card,because i format the card 3-4 times and have problems everytime?
30th July 2010, 07:48 PM   |  #8  

47 posts
More
Yes. It's not worth the trouble to use the faulty memory card any longer. (Life is too short ). Good luck.
31st July 2010, 12:20 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Amora

42 posts
More
Thumbs up
Thanks,i will bye another one probably SanDisk i never had any problem whit.Now i am using Kingston and dont recommend it!Thanks again for helping me

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread