Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

My HD2 hardware mod- Wireless charing

26th July 2010, 05:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

109 posts

I used a pixi charging back case (5.99usd) and touchstone charging base (9.99usd) to create this mod. You can find them on clearance at radioshack!

Can be made for other devices: ipods, iphones, bluetooth headset, etc...

Comment plz.

-Carnivore
Last edited by Carnivore9; 26th July 2010 at 05:49 AM.
26th July 2010, 06:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Gorzˇw Wielkopolski

206 posts
More
Maybe some photos and more descriptions?
Im curious how this looks/working.
26th July 2010, 12:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 41

2,002 posts
sure interesting, and most valuable as a proof-of-concept realization, even if I'de never go out with a setup like that
26th July 2010, 09:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 134

352 posts
Hey, why do you use this microUSB port?
There's one marvelous thing about our HD2 : the dual-backplate setup

-> Use the golden plated contacts right next to the sim card.
They're used for the "old/weird" special car back-plate in order to make contact via the magnetic holder (aka the "original" car kit)

This way u'll be able to mod a plastic back plate with all the mechanism integrated, you just have to "make" two pins (and understand how the third middle one works) that connects to the HD2 motherboard

Hope that helps But i'm sure our HD2 will be the only one who will survive the wireless charging mod without too much trouble vs unibody etc
26th July 2010, 09:52 PM   |  #5  
Flag Reeuwijk
Thanks Meter: 1

78 posts
More
Nice
Yeah it looks nice but i don't think anybody is siriously going to use this do you??
Wy doing all this effort for making while you just can plug your charging cable in??
Anyways nice work. Good that people are trying to improve the phones usability.
26th July 2010, 11:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 41

2,002 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keesmathot

Wy doing all this effort for making while you just can plug your charging cable in??

oh I bet he's had a lot of fun doing it That alone is more than enough of a reason
26th July 2010, 11:55 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

148 posts
I tried doing something like this a little while back, the connectors next to the sim card can be used for charging which would make the whole thing much nicer and easier, it worked good, but the HD2 metal door blocked the signal so it would not charge, so I used it with a sillicon case on top, it was good but not the best, then I tried to hard wire it inside, opened the HD2, it got few dust specs behind the LCD from opening, I tried blowing them away and the whole screen died, well it was a sad story which eventually ended up on ebay, and I had to get a different one I WILL NOT TRY THIS AGAIN, i hope.
27th July 2010, 04:45 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

308 posts
thats good of you to try. hope you find a compatible plastic back for it or some other solution.

ill be looking forward to your progress on this as i have a palm pre and an extra touchstone charger.
27th July 2010, 05:53 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWave31

Hey, why do you use this microUSB port?
There's one marvelous thing about our HD2 : the dual-backplate setup

-> Use the golden plated contacts right next to the sim card.
They're used for the "old/weird" special car back-plate in order to make contact via the magnetic holder (aka the "original" car kit)

This way u'll be able to mod a plastic back plate with all the mechanism integrated, you just have to "make" two pins (and understand how the third middle one works) that connects to the HD2 motherboard

Hope that helps But i'm sure our HD2 will be the only one who will survive the wireless charging mod without too much trouble vs unibody etc

The car kit's replacement back is also metal. But I will look into those 3 pins in back. Anyone know what they do exactly?
27th July 2010, 08:44 AM   |  #10  
Flag Huntington Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 61

1,178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore9

The car kit's replacement back is also metal. But I will look into those 3 pins in back. Anyone know what they do exactly?

they activate the navi-panel and charge your phone at the same time. Do they have the navi-panel for the TMOUS version? I'm not really sure, but yea, if you're able to use the 3 pins inside, then it'll free up your micro usb connector.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread