OP justanothergirl

27th July 2010, 05:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I lost my phone (Vibrant - TMobile) and had to go through insurance to get a new one, the deductible was $130, then days later I found the damn thing but insurance won't take the new phone back and refund me now! So my cousin wants to buy it from me but when I went through insurance they placed the IMEI on the lost / stolen list which blocks the IMEI from logging onto the network rendering the phone unusable. I need to flash a new IMEI so that my cousin can go ahead and use the phone.

How can I flash a new IMEI? Please pm me

Thanks so much for the help guys, I'm really in a frustrating jam!!!

ALL YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED!

---------------------------------------------

I called back and plead with them and they said they are going to review the case and get back to me within 20 hours! Whoo hoo, I hope they will let me send the extra phone back and refund me then my problems would be solved!
Last edited by justanothergirl; 27th July 2010 at 09:40 PM.
27th July 2010, 11:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

647 posts
i wasn't aware there was such a thing as flashing another imei#
28th July 2010, 12:04 AM   |  #3  
Flag Elizabeth
Thanks Meter: 2

487 posts
More
To me it sounds like you were trying to use the insurance to get an extra phone and it didn't work out so you decided to plead and come up with a Story. Changing IMEI numbers is not something legal or easy to do and i dont believe anyone here can help you, or will help you with the whole process.
28th July 2010, 12:07 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag portland

673 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minogue

To me it sounds like you were trying to use the insurance to get an extra phone and it didn't work out so you decided to plead and come up with a Story. Changing IMEI numbers is not something legal or easy to do and i dont believe anyone here can help you, or will help you with the whole process.

How do you know that's the case. I agree it crossed my mind but never would I lost that.... rude..
The Following User Says Thank You to temperbad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2010, 12:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag Elizabeth

487 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by temperbad

How do you know that's the case. I agree it crossed my mind but never would I lost that.... rude..

"to me it sounds like..." its the way i saw it because i always get people telling me or friends to sell them my phone and get another one from insurance, therefore considering the phone must be brand new, people usually keep it with them at all times, so i came with my own conclusion. HOWEVER it doesnt change anything.

Changing an IMEI number is not legal and while it is possible, it may be a hard proccess...

To the OP:

Google It
28th July 2010, 12:13 AM   |  #6  
Flag The town of Chi
Thanks Meter: 64

479 posts
More
Quote:

Right, because it's not possible to lose a phone and then find it later. I'm gonna guess you're a "glass half empty" kind of person, eh?
The Following User Says Thank You to dex1701 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2010, 12:22 AM   |  #7  
Flag Elizabeth

487 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex1701

Right, because it's not possible to lose a phone and then find it later. I'm gonna guess you're a "glass half empty" kind of person, eh?

ohh Come on Guys.
No i am not that person, and im sure this is by far the first half useless reply i posted in my 400 post count as im usually very helpful with fellow android users. i do lose my phone in the house sometimes, and i know its somewhere in the house, and my friends dont really steal from me or any of us so i can fall drunk on their house and have them take care of my phone and even take my calls..

Point is, Even if you knew how to change an IMEI, you are not allowed to post it here, or in barely any forums or Sites. Therefore the Best Advice is to Google it and see for herself. at the very least. just sell the phone for repair or parts on Ebay and keep the new one....
OR
The IMEI has been blocked by all US GSM Carriers, sell it to someone outside the US using Ebay again and get more $$$$.

Is that helpful enough???
28th July 2010, 01:09 AM   |  #8  

4 posts
Talking aw geez
Quote:

ohh Come on Guys.
No i am not that person, and im sure this is by far the first half useless reply i posted in my 400 post count as im usually very helpful with fellow android users. i do lose my phone in the house sometimes, and i know its somewhere in the house, and my friends dont really steal from me or any of us so i can fall drunk on their house and have them take care of my phone and even take my calls..

Point is, Even if you knew how to change an IMEI, you are not allowed to post it here, or in barely any forums or Sites. Therefore the Best Advice is to Google it and see for herself. at the very least. just sell the phone for repair or parts on Ebay and keep the new one....
OR
The IMEI has been blocked by all US GSM Carriers, sell it to someone outside the US using Ebay again and get more $$$$.

Is that helpful enough???

Geez, now you're telling her to sell it? How pessimistic can you get? Always assume the worst, dontcha?!?

Joking aside, if a phone was put on a blacklist, and it's found by the original owner....couldn't the IMEI just be removed from the blacklist in a legitimate (read: legal) manner?
28th July 2010, 11:37 AM   |  #9  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 293

1,733 posts
More
It also doesn't hurt to try this, http://tinyurl.com/2un6urs .
The Following User Says Thank You to LordLugard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2010, 01:39 PM   |  #10  
Flag Elizabeth

487 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leprasmurf

Geez, now you're telling her to sell it? How pessimistic can you get? Always assume the worst, dontcha?!?

Joking aside, if a phone was put on a blacklist, and it's found by the original owner....couldn't the IMEI just be removed from the blacklist in a legitimate (read: legal) manner?

Once it is blacklisted, theres no way from getting removed at all.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread