[APP] Exceller Multiple Build Loader for Android/Ubuntu **Updated August 18**

Search This thread

exceller

Nov 30, 2009
Davao
genusproject.com
This app automates the task of running CLRCAD.exe and HaRET.exe. You will have the option to load Android on start up which starts the countdown of 10 seconds so you will have the chance to cancel the loading (if in auto boot mode).

Requirements:
.NET framework 3.5

Warning:
Only tested on HTC HD2.

Many thanks to Jealousy for Creating the simplistic Design. My first experience in contributing on this forum has been great. Thanks again bro.

Notes:
- double tapping on the 'autoboot' button will toggle its state.

***Update August 3,2010***
* Can load unlimited number of Android Builds on your storage card.
* Can load Ubuntu as Well.

Note:
You must uninstall the old version before installing this one.
Though the app can load Android build(s) on the root and sub folders, i suggest you put all your android builds on their own sub folders

Ex:
sdcard\Android - (Darkstone Froyo)
sdcard\dan1j3l_desire_pr1
sdcard\Parad0XUAFroyo
sdcard\ubuntu (yes it can load ubuntu too)

so it looks more organize.

*** NOTE ***
You have to do a bit of a work before running the app so it loads the right build on execution.

on your build folder,
1. Edit the file startup.txt
2. find this line on your startup txt set cmdline ""
3. insert rel_path=YourbuildfolderHere between the qoutes
Ex: set cmdline "rel_path=YourbuildfolderHere"
4. Make sure you save your changes.

NOTE: If this line set cmdline "" already contains text between the quotes, just insert rel_path=YourbuildfolderHere (with space after)
so it looks something like this

set cmdline "rel_path=YourbuildfolderHere lpj=638976" where lpj=638976 text is the existing text.

**Update August 14,2010**
- fixed some bugs.
- you can now click or tap on the big android and winmo Pictures rather than just the two small buttons.
- the program will only run on startup if you choose autoboot on android. No reason to autoboot on windows ;p
- added button to create quick launch shortcut which you can add on your home screen to quickly launch the loader.
* it can still auto detect builds so, if you have 2 or more flavors of android or ubuntu on your storage, it will list for you so you can choose which one to launch.
* if you only have one build, then no UI will be shown, and it will boot android/ubuntu directly.
* afaik, user mskip is the first to implement this idea, so full credits to him. Im sending you my unsolicited thanks.

***Update August 18 *** (EBL2.1a._PlusUbuntu.CAB)
Support for non english ROM.
Please uninstall your old version before installing this one.

Download Here

Attachments

• Screen05.jpg
    Screen05.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 18,862
  • Screen06.jpg
    Screen06.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 20,136
  • Screen07.jpg
    Screen07.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 21,542
  • Screen08.jpg
    Screen08.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 16,013
Last edited:

futureshock

Aug 16, 2006
Graz
www.futureshock.at
Hi,
just a litte idea... :D

Make biggger Buttons... or just make the Logos also as "boot" buttons too!

for my feeling the boot buttons are too small, btw its working great sofar!

another small idea just integrate a 2.1/2.2 boot switch where we can choose what to boot if both build are on SD Card...

thx

exceller

Nov 30, 2009
Davao
genusproject.com
Hi,
just a litte idea... :D

Make biggger Buttons... or just make the Logos also as "boot" buttons too!

for my feeling the boot buttons are too small, btw its working great sofar!

another small idea just integrate a 2.1/2.2 boot switch where we can choose what to boot if both build are on SD Card...

thx

thanks for the feedback. i am looking into the idea of choosing which one to boot. Ill post some updates soon.

Susasama

Apr 2, 2010
Cocoa, Florida
For me, it loads the background image first, then it starts to load the buttons for me, then it just auto-boots windows. and i don't even have an opportunity to boot android. Sucks, really looking forward to getting a working version.

yunpo123

Jan 3, 2009
HI, I just thank you anout this very good CAB.

But It's Possible can use Automatic the backlight.

And It's possible chang the time to boot to system.(I just feel 10's a little long)

And Very thankful for this CAB (Because it's So beautiful.)

Downy

Feb 7, 2009
Thank you very much, just started testing your cab.
I also would like to have a boot option for second rom on sdcard. Currently I am running with WiMo and 2.1, but 2.2 is also on sdcard in /android folder so if its possible to choose between all three options, that would be great!

Update: Works like a charm here on my german rom with android 2.1. I really like the countdown to give some time to think about what to start now :) Maybe you can make this timer configureable?

Thank you very much for this app!!!

Last edited:

dreambo

May 5, 2010
Suggestion ...

Thank you very match for your program.

I have a little suggestion : the program, instead of searching haret.exe in the root first and then in the Android folder, presents all folders (including root) that contains haret.exe

Imagine in the future, the android builders put there build in different folders (I really hope this) for example /sdcard/DanAndro, /sdcard/DarkAndo ..., your program continue working without any changes :)

Last edited:

futureshock

Aug 16, 2006
Graz
www.futureshock.at
thanks for the feedback. i am looking into the idea of choosing which one to boot. Ill post some updates soon.

next feature request: :D

just let the buttons pressable when auto boot is on...
because i want to autoboot into windows, but if i want to boot into android i dont want to cancel the boot and make 2 more touches...
i just want to start the boot process directly when pressing the appropiat button!

also i think if de "boot" button is pressed no need to wait the timeout...
timeout only on autobooting!!

thx

Downy

Feb 7, 2009
After some hours of testing I have come to the result that this app is the most powerfull and promising bootloader around.

If you are able to implement all the useful suggestions made here I am sure it will be absolutly great.

Great job!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app automates the task of running CLRCAD.exe and HaRET.exe. You will have the option to load Android on start up which starts the countdown of 10 seconds so you will have the chance to cancel the loading (if in auto boot mode).

Requirements:
    .NET framework 3.5

Warning:
    Only tested on HTC HD2.

Many thanks to Jealousy for Creating the simplistic Design. My first experience in contributing on this forum has been great. Thanks again bro.

Notes:
    - double tapping on the 'autoboot' button will toggle its state.

***Update August 3,2010***
    * Can load unlimited number of Android Builds on your storage card.
    * Can load Ubuntu as Well.

Note:
    You must uninstall the old version before installing this one.
    Though the app can load Android build(s) on the root and sub folders, i suggest you put all your android builds on their own sub folders

Ex:
    sdcard\Android - (Darkstone Froyo)
    sdcard\dan1j3l_desire_pr1
    sdcard\Parad0XUAFroyo
    sdcard\ubuntu (yes it can load ubuntu too)

so it looks more organize.

*** NOTE ***
    You have to do a bit of a work before running the app so it loads the right build on execution.

on your build folder,
    1. Edit the file startup.txt
    2. find this line on your startup txt set cmdline ""
    3. insert rel_path=YourbuildfolderHere between the qoutes
    Ex: set cmdline "rel_path=YourbuildfolderHere"
    4. Make sure you save your changes.

NOTE: If this line set cmdline "" already contains text between the quotes, just insert rel_path=YourbuildfolderHere (with space after)
    so it looks something like this

set cmdline "rel_path=YourbuildfolderHere lpj=638976" where lpj=638976 text is the existing text.

**Update August 14,2010**
    - fixed some bugs.
    - you can now click or tap on the big android and winmo Pictures rather than just the two small buttons.
    - the program will only run on startup if you choose autoboot on android. No reason to autoboot on windows ;p
    - added button to create quick launch shortcut which you can add on your home screen to quickly launch the loader.
    * it can still auto detect builds so, if you have 2 or more flavors of android or ubuntu on your storage, it will list for you so you can choose which one to launch.
    * if you only have one build, then no UI will be shown, and it will boot android/ubuntu directly.
    * afaik, user mskip is the first to implement this idea, so full credits to him. Im sending you my unsolicited thanks.

***Update August 18 *** (EBL2.1a._PlusUbuntu.CAB)
    Support for non english ROM.
    Please uninstall your old version before installing this one.

Download Here
    Unfortunately you can't until Exceller adds the option in a new release. Which I hope he will!:p

Well there is a way actually, Create a quick shortcut link by tapping the button 'Create Quicklaunch'. The quicklaunch shortcut should be located on \Windows\Start Menu\Program Files. Copy that shortcut to \Windows\Startup\ Replace EBL shortcut with the quick launch shortcut. Only 1 shortcut should be there.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
    i was having problems getting it to autodetect with a darkstone build. The darkstone build i'm using has an extremely long file name for haret in the build folder. Renaming it to just plain "haret" worked perfectly. Auto detected immediately.