Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New firmware XXJP2 seems to be....FROYO!!!!And it s for tomorrow 12PM!!

Tip us?

medimel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default New firmware XXJP2 seems to be....FROYO!!!!And it s for tomorrow 12PM!!

Tweet of SamsungFirmware annuncing it just now.We ll see if it s real for few hours.impatient to see how my SGS will work with it!!
Hope it s not a fake or a bad beta rom...

damianarnold
Old
Thanks Meter 18
How's your German?

http://www.pocketpc.ch/samsung-galax...ul-2010-a.html

azazin
Old
Thanks Meter 23
This is great news!! Thanks for the heads up

Northwoodinc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Samsung leaked that I9000XXJP2 firmware update over Kies will include Froyo, but not official. We will have to wait and see.

gravis86
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by damianarnold View Post
From Google Translate:
Quote:
New Android 2.2 Firmware I9000XXJP2 (27-Jul-2010)
The I9000XXJP2 is still being tested by our Russian friends, and should soon (possibly today) on http://samsung-firmware.webs.com be published.

The description of the firmware is already confusing, because "P" means the 16th Months of the year .... July is really "G".

If someone faster than I should be: please post here the download link! Thank you.

----
UPDATE: it is about samsung-firmware.webs.com tomorrow (July 28th) around noon (13 hours to go ").

Northwoodinc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It will be on Keis for anyone set to the XX region. Samsung-firmwares does not have the firmware yet, that is bs. Samsung leaked the news of release today. He will download it to his phone, back it up, then reupload it to his site.

kcharng
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Excited to see those numbers. But wouldn't get the hope up too high. Wth all the 3rd party fixes pushing the limit, I wonder how froyo will compare.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

damianarnold
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Some pics/info here:

http://samsung-firmware.webs.com/app...s-android-2-2-

Intratech
Old
Thanks Meter 4505

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoodinc View Post
It will be on Keis for anyone set to the XX region. Samsung-firmwares does not have the firmware yet, that is bs. Samsung leaked the news of release today. He will download it to his phone, back it up, then reupload it to his site.
This will be on KIES in September. He's already flashed it and posted screenshots so your talking a load of crap.

Northwoodinc
Old
(Last edited by Northwoodinc; 27th July 2010 at 11:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I am not trying to get any one upset, But look again mate, those pics are from Samsung he even said so. Why do you think he will not upload now if he had it. You do not know the guy do you... He is one of the reasons, Samsung blocked the server so no one can get the firmwares before they release them. He does not "release firmware" he copies them and re posts them.