Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Froyo update rolling out this week(end)

Tip us?

gogol
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Hahahaha ... you have made my day

Yeah, that Mark dude must be kicked in the butt :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgon1979 View Post
god damn it. screw this Mark fella he should be fired. How dare he prank us. I took a day off work today, and set up a little table with my phone, my charger, and some champagne. I also wore my HTC baseball cap, and now this... I am so depressed and disappointed...

Nexus 5 : Android 4.4.1 stock ROM, stock recovery, rooted

bakedecake
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgon1979 View Post
god damn it. screw this Mark fella he should be fired. How dare he prank us. I took a day off work today, and set up a little table with my phone, my charger, and some champagne. I also wore my HTC baseball cap, and now this... I am so depressed and disappointed...

I can't stop laughing at this, good one.

LubbertKramer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Calling with HTC NL to ask about it, i did my story and now he is asking it, im hearing a terrible music at the moment, hope the answer will be good news....

istreen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
it's fake news ? no update today ?

LubbertKramer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
NO FROYO TODAY!

I called with dutch HTC and they told me that there has been an email send around that the news of a froyo release today is not right, the release will be soon because froyo is in a final testing stage, release will come soon, but not today..

Nederlands:

Even met HTC NL gebeld, aangezien ze niet reageren op twitter en facebook. Ook onze vriend Mark reageert niet op berichten, en zij hadden het volgende te zeggen:

Situatie was nieuw voor de persoon, hij wilde daarom eerst maar even mijn nummer noteren en hoorde mijn verhaal aan over twitter van HTC_NL en Mark Moons, en dat Duitsland nu zegt dat Froyo nog niet klaar is voor release. Hij moest het even navragen. Na enige tijd wat leuke muziek gehoord te hebben, kwam het volgende antwoord: Er is een mail rond gestuurd dat het niet klopt dat Froyo vandaag komt, Froyo is in final stage, kan wel een dezer dagen binnenkomen, hij kan niet zeggen wanneer en hoe of wat....Froyo is in final testing!

well0549
Old
Thanks Meter 1
is there an update on the 'No update item yet ?'

I think mister moons should be very ashamed of himself. A lot of people took a day off and are sittn and waitn with their phone in front of them, all the HTC gadgeds around. Probably some old HTC phones on the side (for melancholic reasons) champaign on ice...

And what do all those people get ?

NOTHING....

Not to mention the people who were overenthousiastic and already tweeted an invite to their friends to come and have a drink tonite on the 'Desire Froyo Launch Party' at their homes.

Soooo many people are disappointed because he made a MISTAKE... Yes let's just call it that. A MISTAKE.....

Well the dutch leader of the HTC pack may have a send a bad signal to the community but that's still better than having no signal at all (yes iPhone Flame)....

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (maybe this is too big for me,,)

Previous Android Device:
Samsung Galaxy S2 (has exacly the right size for a phone)
HTC Desire (Awesome for it's days)

Previous WM Devices
HTC Touch Diamond2 (Great device ! Restored my faith in HTC)
HTC S730 (Bad build quality, low on memory, bad device)
IMATE-SP5 (Solid Build quality, everything worked flawlesly)

ticalo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by well0549 View Post
is there an update on the 'No update item yet ?'

I think mister moons should be very ashamed of himself. A lot of people took a day off and are sittn and waitn with their phone in front of them, all the HTC gadgeds around. Probably some old HTC phones on the side (for melancholic reasons) champaign on ice...

And what do all those people get ?

NOTHING....

Not to mention the people who were overenthousiastic and already tweeted an invite to their friends to come and have a drink tonite on the 'Desire Froyo Launch Party' at their homes.

Soooo many people are disappointed because he made a MISTAKE... Yes let's just call it that. A MISTAKE.....

Well the dutch leader of the HTC pack may have a send a bad signal to the community but that's still better than having no signal at all (yes iPhone Flame)....
LOL??

Dude, its only an update. Party and stuff?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
Newest Device: HTC One (m7)
Latest Device: Samsung Galaxy S4

theboylogan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't like to flame, but man... some of the people on here make me laugh soooooo much.

I want 2.2 as much as the next guy. Actually that's a joke - there are a whole load of other things in life that are more important to me than frozen yoghurt.

tonyfromparis
Old
(Last edited by tonyfromparis; 29th July 2010 at 01:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I agree... That's not the end of the world ! If you want a 2.2 Rom right now, there're plenty ones here !

The only one who's goin to have a VERY BAD day is Mark Moons ;)

Poor him !
HTC Desire
Rom : CyanogenMod 7.0.3

spritable
Old
(Last edited by spritable; 29th July 2010 at 02:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Damn, what I will do with all the beer I've bought for the tonight Desire Froyo party. I want my money back! Do you hear that, Mark dude or whatever your name is.

PS. @well0549 don't worry man, if the update is out today, I will invite you to my party. It will probably suck if there is no beer.
iPhone 2G > HTC HD2 > HTC Desire > Samsung Galaxy Nexus - stock 4.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi/3G > ASUS Nexus 7 - stock 4.2

Tags
boring sunday, desire froyo update, f5 spam ftw!, froyo, froyo has arrived, froyo is finally here!!!, froyo is here!!!!!, froyo update not is, futile, pointless, pwned steve jobs !, refresh dos attack, thanks for all the fish, the answer is 42!, the froyo is a lie, waiting is fun!