Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more

Nexus Player 5.1 LMY47D Rooted

We recently featured the Nexus Player, Google’s second attempt at a digital media … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Lesson for all---Flashing Radios and Pulling Batteries = Brick

28th July 2010, 06:00 PM   |  #1  
zeke1988's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
my phone wont turn on after applied the leaked OTA. does that mean my phone is gone?



Quote:
Originally Posted by ilinfinityil

so basically the moral of the story is to not be impatient or else you'll brick your phone.

that should be the idea everyone in the community keeps in mind anyways.

Last edited by zeke1988; 29th July 2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: impact
jdkoreclipse
28th July 2010, 06:08 PM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
yep

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App
28th July 2010, 06:09 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Wont turn on as-in when you press the power button absolutely nothing happens?

Take the battery out and press power a few times, then put the battery back in and try again
28th July 2010, 06:12 PM   |  #4  
zeke1988's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbbx

Wont turn on as-in when you press the power button absolutely nothing happens?

Take the battery out and press power a few times, then put the battery back in and try again

no, not even vol down + power. i will bring it to a verizon store and see.
28th July 2010, 06:14 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
537 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke1988

no, not even vol down + power. i will bring it to a verizon store and see.

Did you apply the OTA twice, if you did naughty naughty. You have a brick.

Also have you tried a battery pull?
28th July 2010, 06:17 PM   |  #6  
zeke1988's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNS201

Did you apply the OTA twice, if you did naughty naughty. You have a brick.

Also have you tried a battery pull?

no i didnt apply it twice. and yes i tried the pull. after applied the ota it ask me to hit power button to reboot and after that nothing happens.
28th July 2010, 06:17 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke1988

no, not even vol down + power. i will bring it to a verizon store and see.

As far as I know, bricking a radio update would atleast still allow you to turn the phone on, it would just be stuck at initializing the bootloader, correct me if I'm wrong anyone--

Also I would not bring it into a verizon store. Wait until the official OTA is released, then say you had a problem with that.
28th July 2010, 06:20 PM   |  #8  
zeke1988's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbbx

As far as I know, bricking a radio update would atleast still allow you to turn the phone on, it would just be stuck at initializing the bootloader, correct me if I'm wrong anyone--

Also I would not bring it into a verizon store. Wait until the official OTA is released, then say you had a problem with that.

thats a great idea. should i suspend my service or let it run for a month?
28th July 2010, 06:22 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke1988

thats a great idea. should i suspend my service or let it run for a month?

Just let your service continue as normal.

Also, silly question, I know, but have you tried variations of plugging it in/unplugging with/without battery?

And when you plug the phone in, does the charge light come on?
28th July 2010, 06:23 PM   |  #10  
zeke1988's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbbx

Just let your service continue as normal.

Also, silly question, I know, but have you tried variations of plugging it in/unplugging with/without battery?

And when you plug the phone in, does the charge light come on?

yea i did that, no light come on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes