Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to turn off screen when playing music

Tip us?

mayart
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default how to turn off screen when playing music

How can I turn off the screen while playing music in the background to save on battery. When I hit the side button to turn off the screen, it goes off momentarily and then comes back on again. Can anyone help.

srqt
Old
Thanks Meter 18
mine stays off when I hit the power button
Sprint HTC One on CleanROM SPR 2.0 S-off. Bulletproof 1.2 kernel

tengtengvn
Old
Thanks Meter 44
mine stays off too.
--------------------------
t-mobile G1 -> t-mobile MyTouch -> Samsung Vibrant -> HTC Inspire 4G -> HTC Sensation 4G -> SII T989 -> SIII T-999 -> S4 M-919 \ Droid DNA -> LG G2
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer -> HTC Flyer -> Nexus 7 16GB / Verizon Xoom / AT&T GS Note / Dell Latitude 10 -> iPad Air 32GB LTE
iPhone 2G 8GB -> iPhone 3GS 32GB -> iPhone 4

badaphooko01
Old
Thanks Meter 66
mine stays off too.
Question, How do you get music widget onto one of the home screens? I dont see it in the Samsung or Android widgets. I also remember seeing a screen where discs rotated to choose the next song, i can't find that. Someone please shed some light.

Current devices:
My Device: Galaxy S3 T999 running INFAMOUS
Wife's Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 stock
Son's Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 stock
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running AOKP
Apple IPad 2

Retired devices:
Htc G1
Htc My touch 4g
Hp Touchpad
Samsung Vibrant
Samsung Galaxy S2

srqt
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaphooko01 View Post
mine stays off too.
Question, How do you get music widget onto one of the home screens? I dont see it in the Samsung or Android widgets. I also remember seeing a screen where discs rotated to choose the next song, i can't find that. Someone please shed some light.
There is no music widget that comes with the vibrant, you will have to get one from the market if you want it. There is a widget automatically built in to your lockscreen however so if you are playing music and have your screen locked you will be able to access it as soon as you power your screen up (in my opinion that is way better than the home screen widget as you have all teh same control without taking up the space)

For the screen with the discs just open up your music player and then hold teh phone horizontally. That will switch to the "cover flow" style view you are talking about.
Sprint HTC One on CleanROM SPR 2.0 S-off. Bulletproof 1.2 kernel
Tags
music, screen, turn off