Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

List of functions NOT working on HD2 Froyo+Sense

Tip us?

oxhaotong
Old
(Last edited by oxhaotong; 29th July 2010 at 03:34 PM.) Reason: solving
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb List of functions NOT working on HD2 Froyo+Sense

Hi, I am newbie here but spent a lot of time testing the builds that developers have offered us. Big thanks to all the developers who are truly making HD2 more sexy and top toy in the market even though it has been there for almost a year (which merely happens to other phones, dare I say this?)

Currently using Froyo (mattc, RC1.2) on HD2 with exceller dualboot loader (V1.02), working very stable and smooth. Asides the points which have been listed in their posts, I found the following not functioning properly (or just happened to m2??)

1. Every time it reboots, the bluetooth automatically turns on (reported by other users). The HTC bluetooth toggle works funny when I tap it to turn it off- becomes gray but seems refuses to turn off...

2. Can not use google voice search- "process com.google.android voicesearch has stopped unexpectedly-force close". Found some solution in Android Software Development in the forum (just search "voice search"), but I suppose it is only for nand android thus not the solution for our case?

3. The voice in Google navigation is funny, quite robot-ish, any way to change it?

4. My winxp-64bit cannot recognize it as USB storage. Charging with USB cable to PC is fine, but it does not pop-out for selection of functionality, even I manually change it to USB storage. (solved: using different USB port followed by uninstalling the driver in PC device manager, also I installed JRT Auto Mount software listed in market, which might help as well))

Hope this thread is useful, and list your findings here so that our lovely developer can make HD2 perfect.

ragg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxhaotong View Post
3. The voice in Google navigation is funny, quite robot-ish, any way to change it?
This is totally normal. It is a Text-To-Speech-Technology
Advantage: Everything is spoken - Streetnames, Cities, Autobahn-Numbers etc.
Disadvantage: It sounds like an robot.
[ROM]<< Artemis HD2 v25.0 >> GER

geokyr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
no internet .. no my location update.... stock 1.66 greek rom... 2.12.50.2.2 radio....

tacticman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
if you have no internet connection you should check your provider APN and the option you subscribed, I need to change the APN name each time I re install a android rom but it works !!!