Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

List of APKs to remove for leaked Froyo

OP unreal2k

31st July 2010, 11:14 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Not really sure which app did it but moving one of these put my phone into a boot loop and I had to do a nandroid restore.
1st August 2010, 12:56 AM   |  #12  

191 posts
Thanks to Honestly for the info. I'm always a bit nervous about completely deleting something when I'm not to sure about what I'm doing in the first place.

EDIT: I wasn't able to get Teeter, CityID, or My Verizon to work. Is it because they don't read like the rest? Example: /system/bin/mv /system/app/VZW_Skype.apk (THIS PART MISSING IN THOSE THREE~~> /system/app/) VZW_Skypeb.apkb
Last edited by IShootPixels; 1st August 2010 at 02:42 AM.
1st August 2010, 02:23 AM   |  #13  

34 posts
Thanks for the helpful info
1st August 2010, 11:59 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootPixels

Thanks to Honestly for the info. I'm always a bit nervous about completely deleting something when I'm not to sure about what I'm doing in the first place.

EDIT: I wasn't able to get Teeter, CityID, or My Verizon to work. Is it because they don't read like the rest? Example: /system/bin/mv /system/app/VZW_Skype.apk (THIS PART MISSING IN THOSE THREE~~> /system/app/) VZW_Skypeb.apkb

My apologies, you are correct. I forgot to add the /system/app/ on the second part of the command. I will update the post to correct the issues. Thanks.
2nd August 2010, 12:04 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey9

Not really sure which app did it but moving one of these put my phone into a boot loop and I had to do a nandroid restore.

If you setup some accounts such as Facebook and the VZ backup before you removed the apk's you will have FC and possible loop boots. Otherwise these commands should not have created any problems.

The best time to remove all these programs is right after you install the rom.
10th August 2010, 11:58 PM   |  #16  
Flag FT Gordon
Thanks Meter: 7

366 posts
Donate to Me
More
yeah vz back up assistant FCs on me when i try to get into sync but i can't remember how to push the file back under adb lol
19th July 2012, 07:55 PM   |  #17  
Flag Shelby Township

74 posts
More
Hate to bump an old thread but....I want to remove a bunch of apps I don't use. I have a program call "File Manager" which has a setting for "root explorer" and a setting to "mount" system as writable. Would it be acceptable to rename these files from within that application? I would assume at that point a simple reboot and they would no longer show up in my app drawer?

The stuff I don't use is:

Facebook
Friend Stream
Peep
Slacker
Teeter
VZW Backup Assistant
DSP Manager
Twitter (though its not in my app drawer even though apk is present in system/app)
Flickr (again, not in app drawer)
Carpanel

I also noticed that there are two apks in there as well for things like facebook. There is facebook and htcfacebook. Would I rename both of those?
20th July 2012, 03:45 AM   |  #18  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 923

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc}

Hate to bump an old thread but....I want to remove a bunch of apps I don't use. I have a program call "File Manager" which has a setting for "root explorer" and a setting to "mount" system as writable. Would it be acceptable to rename these files from within that application? I would assume at that point a simple reboot and they would no longer show up in my app drawer?

The stuff I don't use is:

Facebook
Friend Stream
Peep
Slacker
Teeter
VZW Backup Assistant
DSP Manager
Twitter (though its not in my app drawer even though apk is present in system/app)
Flickr (again, not in app drawer)
Carpanel

I also noticed that there are two apks in there as well for things like facebook. There is facebook and htcfacebook. Would I rename both of those?

You can rename them, move them, delete them (not reccomended), or use an app like titanium backup and several others to freeze the apps. You can rename all the facebook apks if you do not use facebook on your phone at all. If you delete widgets it will leave empty or wrong selections in the add widget menu.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread