Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

List of APKs to remove for leaked Froyo

Tip us?
 
lowkey9
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jul 2010
Not really sure which app did it but moving one of these put my phone into a boot loop and I had to do a nandroid restore.
 
IShootPixels
Old
(Last edited by IShootPixels; 1st August 2010 at 02:42 AM.)
#12  
IShootPixels's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 191
Join Date: Jul 2010
Thanks to Honestly for the info. I'm always a bit nervous about completely deleting something when I'm not to sure about what I'm doing in the first place.

EDIT: I wasn't able to get Teeter, CityID, or My Verizon to work. Is it because they don't read like the rest? Example: /system/bin/mv /system/app/VZW_Skype.apk (THIS PART MISSING IN THOSE THREE~~> /system/app/) VZW_Skypeb.apkb
 
onetimeuse
Old
#13  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanks for the helpful info
 
unreal2k
Old
#14  
unreal2k's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 146
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootPixels View Post
Thanks to Honestly for the info. I'm always a bit nervous about completely deleting something when I'm not to sure about what I'm doing in the first place.

EDIT: I wasn't able to get Teeter, CityID, or My Verizon to work. Is it because they don't read like the rest? Example: /system/bin/mv /system/app/VZW_Skype.apk (THIS PART MISSING IN THOSE THREE~~> /system/app/) VZW_Skypeb.apkb

My apologies, you are correct. I forgot to add the /system/app/ on the second part of the command. I will update the post to correct the issues. Thanks.
 
unreal2k
Old
#15  
unreal2k's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 146
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey9 View Post
Not really sure which app did it but moving one of these put my phone into a boot loop and I had to do a nandroid restore.
If you setup some accounts such as Facebook and the VZ backup before you removed the apk's you will have FC and possible loop boots. Otherwise these commands should not have created any problems.

The best time to remove all these programs is right after you install the rom.
 
jasek78
Old
#16  
jasek78's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 366
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT Gordon

 
DONATE TO ME
yeah vz back up assistant FCs on me when i try to get into sync but i can't remember how to push the file back under adb lol
 
{tpc}
Old
#17  
{tpc}'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 74
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shelby Township
Hate to bump an old thread but....I want to remove a bunch of apps I don't use. I have a program call "File Manager" which has a setting for "root explorer" and a setting to "mount" system as writable. Would it be acceptable to rename these files from within that application? I would assume at that point a simple reboot and they would no longer show up in my app drawer?

The stuff I don't use is:

Facebook
Friend Stream
Peep
Skype
Quickoffice
Slacker
Teeter
VZW Backup Assistant
DSP Manager
Twitter (though its not in my app drawer even though apk is present in system/app)
Flickr (again, not in app drawer)
Carpanel

I also noticed that there are two apks in there as well for things like facebook. There is facebook and htcfacebook. Would I rename both of those?
 
cmlusco
Old
#18  
cmlusco's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 915
Posts: 3,138
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan City, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
Hate to bump an old thread but....I want to remove a bunch of apps I don't use. I have a program call "File Manager" which has a setting for "root explorer" and a setting to "mount" system as writable. Would it be acceptable to rename these files from within that application? I would assume at that point a simple reboot and they would no longer show up in my app drawer?

The stuff I don't use is:

Facebook
Friend Stream
Peep
Skype
Quickoffice
Slacker
Teeter
VZW Backup Assistant
DSP Manager
Twitter (though its not in my app drawer even though apk is present in system/app)
Flickr (again, not in app drawer)
Carpanel

I also noticed that there are two apks in there as well for things like facebook. There is facebook and htcfacebook. Would I rename both of those?
You can rename them, move them, delete them (not reccomended), or use an app like titanium backup and several others to freeze the apps. You can rename all the facebook apks if you do not use facebook on your phone at all. If you delete widgets it will leave empty or wrong selections in the add widget menu.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more