Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Official] Augen Gentouch78 Rooting and Development [Working Android Market!]

Tip us?

mindwave
Old
Thanks Meter 2
palladium

that sounds pretty cool. now is that the $99 netbook that has been listed at kmart?

j

palladium
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mindwave, I actually quite like having the big screen and keyboard with the familiarity and flexibility of Android. Unfortunately the OS needs a lot of work since the developers haven't put much effort into making everything work 100%. I believe it's the $190 model from KMart, not the $99 one (which I believe was just unusable).
Android, awesome and free like a puppy ;)

palladium
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Another update on custom recovery and rooting for the Genbook 108. Received all the image files from the manufacturers (recover.img, boot.img, system.img, update.zip) so now can start breaking them apart to see what's inside. Reinstalled boot.img using fastboot and have a working system again (so it's not bricked).

Does anyone else actually have a Genbook 108?
Android, awesome and free like a puppy ;)

miraclemaker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yaz View Post
You still have to do the simple market fix after you do Linckraker's update. The link is noted earlier in the thread.

Since you tried market without the fix you'll to start with a fresh install to clear the cache to affect the fix.
Thanks for the reply! I did a factory reset, cleared the cache Android reapplied linckrakers update, then I did the market fix. Market is now working a treat!

Funny thing is that the tablet is now refering to itself as "Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board". Halstein anyone else seen this?

The Yaz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It's time to close up shop...

Just checked in on the augenus site. They will no longer be issuing releases any of their current devices including the Gentouch78.

I doubt I will bother with their Latte & Espresso tablets when they come out. They couldn't even get this model working

Asadullah
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yaz View Post
Just checked in on the augenus site. They will no longer be issuing releases any of their current devices including the Gentouch78.

I doubt I will bother with their Latte & Espresso tablets when they come out. They couldn't even get this model working
That is pretty funny It reminds me of an Iclone that I bought it was cool but when a new update came out instead of giving people the update they just sold you a new phone. I learned a lesson don't buy Iclones or augen products.

To the guy that bought the netbook you can back up your original recovery and system image using busybox commands and store them on your sdcard or real computer

ccrunnerli
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy Genbook 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by palladium View Post
Another update on custom recovery and rooting for the Genbook 108. Received all the image files from the manufacturers (recover.img, boot.img, system.img, update.zip) so now can start breaking them apart to see what's inside. Reinstalled boot.img using fastboot and have a working system again (so it's not bricked).

Does anyone else actually have a Genbook 108?
I have a genbook 10 8. I have been hunting for almost a week for several hours a day to find a way to successfully root it and fix the market and I had no luck.

Asadullah
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunnerli View Post
I have a genbook 10 8. I have been hunting for almost a week for several hours a day to find a way to successfully root it and fix the market and I had no luck.
What happens when you try to push su to bin

ccrunnerli
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadullah View Post
What happens when you try to push su to bin
when I try to push su to bin, access is denied. I have only used terminal emulator since the genbook does not have mini usb port to connect to a regular pc. Does anyone know of a way to connect the genbook to connect to a regular computer? The alternative methods availabe to connect via adb rquire root. Or does there exist a rooted version of android OS for the Genbook?

Darkrickpr
Old
(Last edited by Darkrickpr; 8th November 2010 at 01:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
[QUOTE=ccrunnerli;9083485]when I try to push su to bin, access is denied. I have only used terminal emulator since the genbook does not have mini usb port to connect to a regular pc. Does anyone know of a way to connect the genbook to connect to a regular computer? The alternative methods availabe to connect via adb rquire root. Or does there exist a rooted version of android OS for the Genbook?

i think their is some app on the market that let you wireless sync the android to adb by IP address i think is call adb wireless maybe that could help