Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 54,577 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Changing the bluetooth stack in Android?

Tip us?

Azuran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Changing the bluetooth stack in Android?

How easy/difficult is it to achieve this feat, and is it a kernel dependency? Main reason I ask is that Sense UI is almost perfect, but it's BT stack is the only flaw, and for some a glaring one. How would one going about replacing HTC's deficient version with, say, Koush's Cyanogen Mod version which seems to work flawlessly? Thanks in advance for any answers or insight!

hikouka71
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuran View Post
How easy/difficult is it to achieve this feat, and is it a kernel dependency? Main reason I ask is that Sense UI is almost perfect, but it's BT stack is the only flaw, and for some a glaring one. How would one going about replacing HTC's deficient version with, say, Koush's Cyanogen Mod version which seems to work flawlessly? Thanks in advance for any answers or insight!

no one knows? i would have thought for sure somebody here would have done it or know if its possible. I'm looking for this as well

Perfecteagle
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Bump... I've been asking the same question myself recently. I have an HTC Evo 4G and love my Sense-based ROM, but I hate the fact that I can't use certain Bluetooth accessories with it (ahem... Wiimote). Does someone have an answer?

giloser
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfecteagle View Post
Bump... I've been asking the same question myself recently. I have an HTC Evo 4G and love my Sense-based ROM, but I hate the fact that I can't use certain Bluetooth accessories with it (ahem... Wiimote). Does someone have an answer?
I'll love to do that too !!

did you find a solution yet?

thanks

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,007

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by giloser View Post
I'll love to do that too !!

did you find a solution yet?

thanks

Simple answer is no. You can try a CM based rom that gives you those options but the stacks cant be swapped due to driver problems. It is a give an take. The Default has better strength and range but is missing a few unneeded option (PO), while CM uses Bluz stack which gives you the option but you lose some BT signal strength and range.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly