Changing the bluetooth stack in Android?

30th July 2010, 10:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
How easy/difficult is it to achieve this feat, and is it a kernel dependency? Main reason I ask is that Sense UI is almost perfect, but it's BT stack is the only flaw, and for some a glaring one. How would one going about replacing HTC's deficient version with, say, Koush's Cyanogen Mod version which seems to work flawlessly? Thanks in advance for any answers or insight!
17th February 2011, 01:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag canastota
Thanks Meter: 49

234 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuran

How easy/difficult is it to achieve this feat, and is it a kernel dependency? Main reason I ask is that Sense UI is almost perfect, but it's BT stack is the only flaw, and for some a glaring one. How would one going about replacing HTC's deficient version with, say, Koush's Cyanogen Mod version which seems to work flawlessly? Thanks in advance for any answers or insight!

no one knows? i would have thought for sure somebody here would have done it or know if its possible. I'm looking for this as well
29th March 2011, 03:15 PM   |  #3  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 9

60 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bump... I've been asking the same question myself recently. I have an HTC Evo 4G and love my Sense-based ROM, but I hate the fact that I can't use certain Bluetooth accessories with it (ahem... Wiimote). Does someone have an answer?
11th August 2011, 10:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfecteagle

Bump... I've been asking the same question myself recently. I have an HTC Evo 4G and love my Sense-based ROM, but I hate the fact that I can't use certain Bluetooth accessories with it (ahem... Wiimote). Does someone have an answer?

I'll love to do that too !!

did you find a solution yet?

thanks
11th August 2011, 10:48 AM   |  #5  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,165

14,595 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giloser

I'll love to do that too !!

did you find a solution yet?

thanks

Simple answer is no. You can try a CM based rom that gives you those options but the stacks cant be swapped due to driver problems. It is a give an take. The Default has better strength and range but is missing a few unneeded option (PO), while CM uses Bluz stack which gives you the option but you lose some BT signal strength and range.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread