Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SOLVED: process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Tip us?

xGary
Old
(Last edited by xGary; 30th July 2010 at 09:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default SOLVED: process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

SOLVED
Installed gmail and gtalk back and cleared all data/cache of google related services/apps

I removed a few files with root manager and now when I boot up I get this message the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I also cannot download apps. It hangs at “Downloading”

I did pull all the apk and odex files to my comp before removing.

Update
I reinstalled gmail and cleared data/cache for most google apps and it fixed the pop up part. I had to relogin to my google account but im still unable to download anything.

Update 2
I reinstalled gtalk and now when I start the market app I get a process com.android.vending force close error.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xGary For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thehollows
Old
Thanks Meter 0
where can I download gTalk?

marsupilamiz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
how can you reinstall gmail? I have same problem with the gcalendar.

toky76
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default gtalkservice

All you need is to reinstall gtalkservice.apk.

You google for it.

rtxizz00
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default permanent solution

I tried all of these and it still pops up....should I just re install everything?
The Following User Says Thank You to rtxizz00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigrndahouse
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I know this is solved however, i'm on an Epic 4g Touch and it kept flashing these errors. It will take you forever to click ok on each one and at the same time trying to get to Menu Settings ... I just pressed power+Volume up buttons till the Galaxy logo came on and chose Factory wipe and Wipe cache..all is great now.

musicman625
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 321
I simply cleared data that had anything to do with Google and that fixed it.

udupa82
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Clear data from Google service framework and all other Google related apps n services... if you need to remove and install restart then it should be fine...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

alexb83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default SOLVED: process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by udupa82 View Post
Clear data from Google service framework and all other Google related apps n services... if you need to remove and install restart then it should be fine...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app
I solvede it by removing browser sync from Settings --> Google --> Account --> Browser.
As I use Dolphin Browser as default browser, synchronization cannot recognize it.

seroesh
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I think mine got fixed when I disabled google sync contacts... whoever has com.google.process.gapps error persistent even after trying everything.. go to accounts > google > synch all and you'll where the error occurs just disable sync for that and it wud work.. I'll let you know if the error returns at my end.