5,594,077 Members 47,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2.1 early look

Tip us?
 
gbil
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Posts: 256
Join Date: May 2008
Default 2.1 early look

An early look at 2.1 version for X10 looks promising and the integration of SE apps seems a bit better.

Browser is better, the whole system even if this is a test version seems responsive enough.

Nevertheless if you have anything you would like me to test on this new version maybe I can help but I can't promise anything .
 
Slave1
Old
#2  
Slave1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 261
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Erm..... what now???

Must change this sig, it's 5 years old. Want in to Google+ try here
 
ddewbofh
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 605
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Göteborg
Just one question: have they backported anything from 2.2?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
 
augie7107
Old
#4  
augie7107's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 1,305
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston
Does the move to 2.1 affect in-call volume?
This is by far the device's most annoying issue.
 
rocketpaul
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 876
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbil View Post
An early look at 2.1 version for X10 looks promising and the integration of SE apps seems a bit better.

Browser is better, the whole system even if this is a test version seems responsive enough.

Nevertheless if you have anything you would like me to test on this new version maybe I can help but I can't promise anything .
wheres the proof that you have it?
 
mezo9090
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 482
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cairo
Landscape mode?
Better media scape if its still present?
More social networks in timescape?
Special se live wallpaper?
Responsiveness, better?
Faster performance?
Hd video and camera ui improved?
The se keyboard changes?

Want more? Hehehe

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
 
XperienceD
Old
#7  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2253
Posts: 7,080
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Here =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbil View Post
An early look at 2.1 version for X10 looks promising and the integration of SE apps seems a bit better.
Any chance of a video?
X10 -|- ARC -|- RAY -|- Z -|- Z1 COMPACT
Why prefix thread titles with a [Q] but not post in Q&A


Do XDA a favour and type your "how to -insert mod here" into Google before starting new threads.
 
mezo9090
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 482
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperiaX10iUser View Post
Any chance of a video?
If its true that he have it?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
 
gbil
Old
(Last edited by gbil; 30th July 2010 at 10:11 PM.)
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Posts: 256
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddewbofh View Post
Just one question: have they backported anything from 2.2?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
Nothing I can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augie7107 View Post
Does the move to 2.1 affect in-call volume?
This is by far the device's most annoying issue.
Can't test at the moment, its a bit late here to call someone, will try tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketpaul View Post
wheres the proof that you have it?
On my desk :P check photo


Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo9090 View Post
Landscape mode?
Better media scape if its still present?
More social networks in timescape?
Special se live wallpaper?
Responsiveness, better?
Faster performance?
Hd video and camera ui improved?
The se keyboard changes?

Want more? Hehehe

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
-Landscape in home screen? nope
-Media scape is present doesn't seem any different to be honest
-Nope
-I can't see any SE specific
-Not really but this is a test version
-Same as above
-camera UI seems the same as for video can't shoot anything at the moment, will try tomorrow
-the keyboard is a bit different but not drastically, they fitted a couple more buttons in the bottom row, in general the same feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperiaX10iUser View Post
Any chance of a video?
Not at the moment


In general keep in mind that is a test version so content is definitely missing and the performance is good in general but should be faster when all the debug bloat is removed in the final version.

Of course all the 2.1 goods are there (multiple home screens, live wallpapers, better browser) and SE has done a better customization of the messaging app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	x10i-2.1.jpg
Views:	2179
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	370030  
 
stylus1828
Old
(Last edited by stylus1828; 30th July 2010 at 10:16 PM.)
#10  
stylus1828's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 503
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alba Iulia & Cluj Napoca
Is HD recording available???

EDIT: I saw your message. Thanks.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Configure Your System Settings on a Per-App Basis

Do you ever like to make sure that certain device settings are enabled prior to entering a … more

How to Hack An Android App (Don’t Try This at Home) – XDA Developer TV

Listen, don’t cheat in your games. So don’t … more

Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Now Available!

About two weeks ago at the BUILD conference in San Francisco, Microsoft unveiled Windows … more