Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any developers willing to build a X10 Mini/Mini Pro Android 2.1 custom ROM?

Tip us?

dabulcke
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Any developers willing to build a X10 Mini/Mini Pro Android 2.1 custom ROM?

Hi Guys

Now that we have root access to our X10 mini/mini pro, I hope we can interessest some developers to make us a custom ROM.

So I hope, with this Thread we can draw the attention of some DEV's

:D Let's hope and pray :-p

Darkbidule
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulcke View Post

So I hope, with this Thread we can draw the attention of some DEV's

:D Let's hope and pray :-p
+1 hope we'll be heard

..::Viny::..
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Why to work on 2.1 when 2.2 is available. Look forward to 2.2 Rom

Bin4ry
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5725

DONATE TO ME
Same progress must be done like on X10. So please be patient. First i (or somebody else who is faster) must fix X10flash, so that we are able to flash everytime to a desired version of rom.
then SPL must be hacked. We can try to port softspl from goroh. but first other progress must be made.

Regards
Bin4ry
The Following User Says Thank You to Bin4ry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dabulcke
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Viny::.. View Post
Why to work on 2.1 when 2.2 is available. Look forward to 2.2 Rom
Good point there :-p had to think of that myself off course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bin4ry View Post
Same progress must be done like on X10. So please be patient. First i (or somebody else who is faster) must fix X10flash, so that we are able to flash everytime to a desired version of rom.
then SPL must be hacked. We can try to port softspl from goroh. but first other progress must be made.

Regards
Bin4ry
Hi Binary, thanks for the information. As I'm a noob in this, I'm trying to follow the complete progress. So I don't know how the progress will be and what steps need to be taken before you developers can make ROM's. But now I have an idea and i will be happy to follow the progress.

Regards
dabulcke

Phenombox
Old
(Last edited by Phenombox; 31st July 2010 at 03:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulcke View Post
So I don't know how the progress will be and what steps need to be taken before you developers can make ROM's.
They need a tool that can flash the ROM into the device without bricking it, without that tool creating ROMs is first of all useless and secondly hard to test.
Phone History: T230 > K700 > W810 > W660 > W960 > W580 > K550 > W880 > W595 > W910 > W715 > C905 > W995 > W890 > Satio > X10 Mini > Xperia Arc > Xperia V > Xperia Z1

parthabhatta
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Good thinking. And it seems Bin4ry is advance and has already thought of creating ROMs at the back of his mind. And true let us go step by step.

Old
Thanks Meter 21
Bin4ry, could you through some light why its hard to flash roms?
I think the hardware for rom is same between x10 and x10 mini. If you could share some knowledge on what blocks the custom flashing could help many of us to have broader understanding.

Is the device drivers or is it the software protections that keeps away from overwriting the ROMS?

Some insights required.

As far as C/C++ goes, even i can chimp in some hands, provided i know what to do, how to do and where to start from.

Phenombox
Old
Thanks Meter 5
THIS might be of help, Viny - at least that's where I'm going to start and it seems it's a must to start there in order to understand how the AndroidOS works, and info about ROMs.
Phone History: T230 > K700 > W810 > W660 > W960 > W580 > K550 > W880 > W595 > W910 > W715 > C905 > W995 > W890 > Satio > X10 Mini > Xperia Arc > Xperia V > Xperia Z1

Old
Thanks Meter 21
Thanks, I have already started reading http://pdk.android.com/