Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should I send this to HTC?
Why not! 667 88.34%
You're joking, right? 88 11.66%
Voters: 755. You may not vote on this poll

[Concept Art] HTC HD3 running WP7 & HTC Sense 3 (2010-07-31)

Tip us?

_LeCiel_
Old
(Last edited by _LeCiel_; 1st August 2010 at 01:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
Default [Concept Art] HTC HD3 running WP7 & HTC Sense 3 (2010-07-31)

If you want to use my image on your website or blog, please LINK BACK to this threat.

DO NOT remove my contact information.

If you mentioned my work, please post a link in this thread or send it via PM/E-Mail. Thanks in advance!

2010 Luke Basarab, all rights reserved. Modifications and commercial use prohibited.

If the images are misplaced, change the View > Zoom option in your Browser to 90%

Let the GIF file load. You'll get to see how landscape scrolling would work.

Click the image for high resolution (2419 x 1252 px).

This is my second HD3 Concept. I made the first one (link) in February 2010 - back then people didn't knew much about Windows Phone 7. I thought it's going to be similar to 6.5.x and that - at some point - we'll be able to flash it on our current devices.

That's why I came up with a phone running Windows Mobile 7 and which looked like a kitchen knife (and what's with that huge weather animation?! ).

The Concept got some attention and was mentioned on several websites and blogs all over the world. That's when I learned that Google Translate has no problems translating "What an ugly phone!" from Russian and Turkish to English. Although I designed it for my graphic novel which takes place in 2015, my futuristic HD3 specifications were taken seriously so I was heavily criticized for the hardware.

Now, a few months later, I present to you my latest HD3 Concept.

Since everyone would like to see different specs I've decided to give you guys a chance of writing your own. I will update the threat with realistic specifications written by someone who knows what he/she's talking about.

As you can see, my new HD3 has two Build-in Speakers on both sides of the screen (I really liked that about my previous concept), a front facing Camera, HDMI output and a Micro-USB port. There are 6 hardware buttons (Power, Volume Up and Down and 3 WP7 buttons). You can come up with the rest.

I decided to make WP7 more customizable so I skinned it with Sense 3 (do you REALLY think HTC would release a phone without Sense? I know Microsoft claims that all WP7 devices should use Metro, but Sense is HTC's trademark). Of course you could still change the wallpaper:

Finally, before you start complaining about the hardware buttons, he's an alternative version with buttons that would give actual feedback (though I think they make the phone look ugly):

Took 15 hours to complete. Enjoy!

akbisw
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
it looks awesome.

Mastamind89
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Looks pretty nice, good job.

vetvito
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Damn! Wish WP7 did look like this!

G-ThGraf
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Just... Just Amazing! Need it! Well done!
About my devices:

Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) SlimKat 4.4.2
Nexus 7 FHD LTE (deb) STOCK 4.4.2

hubie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Great design

Wow! awesome design! You just missed the HTC logo on top.

intimidatorx31
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I was hoping someone would come through with a vision i had.

Surely yours is wayyyyyyy better than what i imagined but i said a while back

win phone 7 could look decent if it had some photoshop and glossy eyecandy icons.

Your concept just blew my mind away because it fulfilled the glossy eyecandy look but youve managed to do subtle things that i didnt even think of.

Great work. Great concept.
Sero Premium 500 @ Sprint

krjcook
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
Damn! Wish WP7 did look like this!
I second that. HTC and MS make it happen.

AngryNil
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I'd pre-order it.

Windcape
Old
Thanks Meter 4
It's a bit over the boundaries of what's possible with the tiles. Also I think changing the default circle buttons is a very bad idea, as it destroys the uniform layout of the entire platform.

The design language for WP7 is not just for the home-screen, but also applications, which is important to take in consideration for a custom layout.

Tags
hd3.wp7.sense 3.concept