Nexus One Browser Port mod for Spica (mdpi screen)
Reposted from HERE
Someone at the sdx-developers forums
had worked on a port for the Nexus One web browser and released it. It is my fulltime browser but, contrary to changelog, it still has ui glitches such as the overly large adrressbar and dark background. There maybe some differences in how the moment treats this app, so I went and modified it to make it compatible with our spicas.
See link above for details of the N1 browser improvements.
Screen of ummodified port:
Changes from the original port:
- Replaced images with those from the stock browser, conversion into mdpi.
- Replaced addressbar layout with corrected one.
- This is only a port, I can't develop or improve it more.
Note, in my brief testing, the browser seemed to stall on certain websites like yahoo.com. From a bit of tinkering I found that the libwecore.so included in Frozen Eclair 2
solved that issue so its is included in the update zip file. The whole FE2 is not required.
In case of problems, I also prepared a restore zip file, restoring the stock browser and libwebcore.so.
BIG FAT WARNING IN USE WITH SAMDROID KITCHEN V2
- This should work fine but still usual caveats apply: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- This is made for and tested only samdroidmod kitchen roms only, basically rooted and deodexed system only. Other systems beware.
- Install like any other kitchen without base package from recovery.
- Dalvik-cache wipe is included in the update, so initial booting will be longer.
With release of Samdroid Kitchen V2, be warned that the attached files include the old Superuser.apk from kitchen v1, and the update zip themselves are for ktichenv1 format. So don't flash directly to kitchen v2. Use them in the newer kitchenv2 format, and delete the older Superuse.apk.
Download installation zip:
Download restore zip:
That's it, enjoy.