Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,848 Members 36,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Tip us?

Bouncer5
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Another change in the lock patteren, When you have use visual pattern off it shows you nothing, it used to highlight in green where you had been but not the order, Or possible when you messed it up, Not 100 percent, someone confirm with 2.1?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

kekkle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer5 View Post
Another change in the lock patteren, When you have use visual pattern off it shows you nothing, it used to highlight in green where you had been but not the order, Or possible when you messed it up, Not 100 percent, someone confirm with 2.1?

You turned it off yourself in the security settings. By default it's on.

flashflash
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Apologies if someone has already posted this but the look screen now requires you to move the bar fully to the bottom before unlocking. 2.1 for me unlocked with only a small downward movement and unlock sometimes in the pocket. I can't get the phone to unlock now in the pocket even with lots of shuffling!

HTC One 4.3

Philosoma
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Something has changed with the display/colours. Seems a lot less vivid now. I play Pocket Empires Online which has bright colours, seems a bit washed out now. Probably is better, but takes a little getting used to.

Raminder1992
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho.ro View Post
you can add send vCard as SMS, previously was only with MMS.

also, shutdown is a lot faster now.
Yes shutdown took a few seconds! I was so suprised! And happy! No more waiting minutes!!

iKarampa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Boot sound

The annoying sound at boot is now quieter I wish they got rid off it...

vitii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just cannot understand something in connection with the new update. I've successfully installed it and everything is fine its noticeable faster than 2.1 and I also ran benchmarks and i got 3-4 times better results even betters than galaxy s users. Amazing. But I tried some of my games like NOVA and it is faster than on 2.1 but it still lags sometimes... How can it be possible that I get better result on benchmarks but the gaming is still a bit worse than on galaxy s devices? Thanks for your replies in advance.

snark_be
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosoma View Post
Something has changed with the display/colours. Seems a lot less vivid now. I play Pocket Empires Online which has bright colours, seems a bit washed out now. Probably is better, but takes a little getting used to.
Is the bightness of your screen the same as before?
Google/LG Nexus 5: rooted, unlocked bootloader, Android KitKat 4.4.2

andQlimax
Old
Thanks Meter 842

DONATE TO ME
@kekkle

Can you put the date/hours to the latest features that u will go to add? So i dont have to re read all

jaymit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The screen lock feature was always there - its in settings to enable / disable visual and tactile feedback

Sent from my HTC Desire