Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[FIXED] Downgrading HBOOT to 0.80 from 0.92

OP AdamG

5th August 2010, 02:56 PM   |  #321  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroeders

Woohoo! Without goldcard... Here's one happy man

Can you do it without a GC ?
Can anyone give detailed method ?
I have to say i'm of bricking my machine
5th August 2010, 02:57 PM   |  #322  
forelli's Avatar
Senior Member
Kashyyyk, Galactic Empire
Thanks Meter: 89
 
1,040 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy83

English How to with pictures:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32#post7515332

Thank you for all updated-blocked fellows. I guess it's time for you to change your signature now, with a smiling smiley this time!
5th August 2010, 02:57 PM   |  #323  
FatzzCat's Avatar
Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 55
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonloveslou

Can anybody stick this ROM on a fast mirror, please?

Its already up

http://files.bestblog.de/desire/PB99...signed_txt.zip
5th August 2010, 03:00 PM   |  #324  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,873
 
1,671 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Donate to Me
More
I thought of replacing android-info.txt a few days ago, I didn't think it would work because the ROM.zip had to be signed.

Thanks for everyone who has been tweeting me this in, trying it out now.
5th August 2010, 03:01 PM   |  #325  
bemymonkey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
2,346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG

I thought of replacing android-info.txt a few days ago, I didn't think it would work because the ROM.zip had to be signed.

Thanks for everyone who has been tweeting me this in, trying it out now.

Finally, back to OpenDesire releases that work off the bat
5th August 2010, 03:01 PM   |  #326  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 218
 
942 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dliven

Can you do it without a GC ?
Can anyone give detailed method ?
I have to say i'm of bricking my machine

First of all, I have an unbranded simlock-free phone. All I did was
1. download the file to SD card.
2. rename to PB99IMG.zip
3. boot into recovery (turn phone on while holding down volume)
4. just let it load the zip file and press yes when asked to install

Easy as that!
5th August 2010, 03:06 PM   |  #327  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroeders

First of all, I have an unbranded simlock-free phone. All I did was
1. download the file to SD card.
2. rename to PB99IMG.zip
3. boot into recovery (turn phone on while holding down volume)
4. just let it load the zip file and press yes when asked to install

Easy as that!

Hi,

just one question: Did this wipe your device or not? If yes, may be I should make a backup of my SD.
5th August 2010, 03:07 PM   |  #328  
Member
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatzzCat

Its already up

http://files.bestblog.de/desire/PB99...signed_txt.zip

Much better, thank you!

[EDIT]
Actually, that's not much faster - just looked it because I already started that download previously.

No worries, though.
5th August 2010, 03:08 PM   |  #329  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 218
 
942 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumS

Hi,

just one question: Did this wipe your device or not? If yes, may be I should make a backup of my SD.

It did, at least, it deletes your apps and settings. However, text messages are kept and SD card-storage of course also. But just be sure, always backup!
5th August 2010, 03:19 PM   |  #330  
Member
Flag Innsbruck
Thanks Meter: 6
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG

I thought of replacing android-info.txt a few days ago, I didn't think it would work because the ROM.zip had to be signed.

Thanks for everyone who has been tweeting me this in, trying it out now.

I tried that but it didn't work!
This image is something special i think



Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
froyo, htc desire
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes