Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Universal 1 Click Eris Root App Apk - No PCs, No Scripts Needed, EASY

Tip us?

D3TH METAL
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Wow that's crazy. Had no idea. All rooted. Thanks everyone

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

tguellich
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

I got an error the first time I tried to run Rootme.zip

I restarted the entire process and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again!

tklives
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Baffled...

OK, because you guys are the Eris guru's, I am kind of dumping a couple of questions in the same post...(sorry, but you are good!)

So I will preface with the fact this MAY not be completely related to the rooting, but I figured this would be a good outlet for it. I went through the process, rooted the phone, everything was peachy. I had Superuser and everything. When trying to open up Titanium Backup, I was prompted as usual to grant permissions, which I did. When it finally launches, it tells me unable to acquire root access.

Is this just maybe a problem where Titanium Backup doesn't work on the Eris, or is it possible that it did not completely root somehow?

**Furthermore, I then flashed clockworkmod and attempted to flash the GSB ROM. It flashed successfully, followed by gapps (blah blah). But then when I rebooted, it just replayed the boot animation for 7 hours (over night). I backed it all up before meddling, so life is good, but could that be related to the root issue too?

I am sorry to ask this here, and truly appreciate any help you have to offer!!

Thanks!
TK

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by tklives View Post
OK, because you guys are the Eris guru's, I am kind of dumping a couple of questions in the same post...(sorry, but you are good!)

So I will preface with the fact this MAY not be completely related to the rooting, but I figured this would be a good outlet for it. I went through the process, rooted the phone, everything was peachy. I had Superuser and everything. When trying to open up Titanium Backup, I was prompted as usual to grant permissions, which I did. When it finally launches, it tells me unable to acquire root access.

Is this just maybe a problem where Titanium Backup doesn't work on the Eris, or is it possible that it did not completely root somehow?

**Furthermore, I then flashed clockworkmod and attempted to flash the GSB ROM. It flashed successfully, followed by gapps (blah blah). But then when I rebooted, it just replayed the boot animation for 7 hours (over night). I backed it all up before meddling, so life is good, but could that be related to the root issue too?

I am sorry to ask this here, and truly appreciate any help you have to offer!!

Thanks!
TK
With TiBu, there is a "Problems" button at the bottom. I assume that you didn't have Busybox installed, and that will install it for you. That was probably the issue.

We Eris users tend to discourage Clockwork Recovery, as people with Clockwork have bricked their phones in the past. However, based on your post, my guess is that you did not wipe data before you flashed GSB and gapps. Forgetting to do that will lead to the results you describe.
The Following User Says Thank You to doogald For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tklives
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
With TiBu, there is a "Problems" button at the bottom. I assume that you didn't have Busybox installed, and that will install it for you. That was probably the issue.

We Eris users tend to discourage Clockwork Recovery, as people with Clockwork have bricked their phones in the past. However, based on your post, my guess is that you did not wipe data before you flashed GSB and gapps. Forgetting to do that will lead to the results you describe.
Ok, good to know about the clockwork recovery! Do you recommend just using the stock utility to flash then?

Also, I did try to install the busybox, and that is where I am getting the Root Denied message. I tried uninstalling TiBu and reinstalling, but got the same result. I will wipe the phone completely, and start from square one.

I personally have a galaxy s, so it is a bit of a different world than the Eris.

Thank you for your help!

TK

djsmeadly
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default the recovery rom installed

when performing this, does it put the latest recover mode on? i know there is a new bootloader and recovery mode then what I have, since the trackball became and issue. Is there a way to verify what recovery and bootloader are put on the eris after downloading and performing this?

montavious
Old
Thanks Meter 2
trying to root an eris for a friend, I used to have one myself rooted a long time ago. I run the on click app, there's no option to reboot the phone in stock so I shut it down...No matter what I do I can't get recovery mode to come up? Even on rebooting it twice to no avail...Any advice? Thanks!

jcase
Old
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor - OP
Thanks Meter 7169

DONATE TO ME
Un install app, reinstall try again.

Reboot by turning it off, then on.

Sent from my LG Revolution
I'm taking a break of an undetermined length. Please don't contact me about exploits

Something important? jcase@cunninglogic.com
Like Android security topics? Join our G+ community -> https://plus.google.com/communities/...07618051049043
My Bitcoin address : 1Newifz6yETTmbziCsZZstmHHPH6ejNr75

jporter18
Old
(Last edited by jporter18; 24th June 2011 at 09:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please help

When doing this, I have to do Vol DOWN and Power. Then I press up to get into recovery and it goes to a screen with a skateboarding android then it goes to a picture of the eris with a red triangle and exclaimation mark. I have tried several battery pulls, I put the SD Card in and out and tried it with it in and out and no luck. This is a friend of mines phone so IT CANNOT BE BRICKED. Please help me!

EDIT: Its working now, but when I go to the recovery option the trackball won't work.. suggestions?

NavyKwonMA
Old
Thanks Meter 8
It seems to have worked but in hboot it still has S On..... shouldn't it be S Off?

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using XDA App
US - Rooted - ThunderBolt A05P HACKED 2.8
JAPAN - Stock - Aquos Sharp 006SH
TABLET - Rooted - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 AOKP Galaxy Task
TABLET - Stock - ASUS Transformer Prime TF300T 32gig