More
Wow that's crazy. Had no idea. All rooted. Thanks everyone

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
29th March 2011, 02:17 AM   |  #262  
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
Thanks
I got an error the first time I tried to run Rootme.zip

I restarted the entire process and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again!
6th April 2011, 11:28 PM   |  #263  
Flag Nordeast
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Baffled...
OK, because you guys are the Eris guru's, I am kind of dumping a couple of questions in the same post...(sorry, but you are good!)

So I will preface with the fact this MAY not be completely related to the rooting, but I figured this would be a good outlet for it. I went through the process, rooted the phone, everything was peachy. I had Superuser and everything. When trying to open up Titanium Backup, I was prompted as usual to grant permissions, which I did. When it finally launches, it tells me unable to acquire root access.

Is this just maybe a problem where Titanium Backup doesn't work on the Eris, or is it possible that it did not completely root somehow?

**Furthermore, I then flashed clockworkmod and attempted to flash the GSB ROM. It flashed successfully, followed by gapps (blah blah). But then when I rebooted, it just replayed the boot animation for 7 hours (over night). I backed it all up before meddling, so life is good, but could that be related to the root issue too?

I am sorry to ask this here, and truly appreciate any help you have to offer!!

Thanks!
TK
6th April 2011, 11:44 PM   |  #264  
Thanks Meter: 326

1,340 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tklives

OK, because you guys are the Eris guru's, I am kind of dumping a couple of questions in the same post...(sorry, but you are good!)

So I will preface with the fact this MAY not be completely related to the rooting, but I figured this would be a good outlet for it. I went through the process, rooted the phone, everything was peachy. I had Superuser and everything. When trying to open up Titanium Backup, I was prompted as usual to grant permissions, which I did. When it finally launches, it tells me unable to acquire root access.

Is this just maybe a problem where Titanium Backup doesn't work on the Eris, or is it possible that it did not completely root somehow?

**Furthermore, I then flashed clockworkmod and attempted to flash the GSB ROM. It flashed successfully, followed by gapps (blah blah). But then when I rebooted, it just replayed the boot animation for 7 hours (over night). I backed it all up before meddling, so life is good, but could that be related to the root issue too?

I am sorry to ask this here, and truly appreciate any help you have to offer!!

Thanks!
TK

With TiBu, there is a "Problems" button at the bottom. I assume that you didn't have Busybox installed, and that will install it for you. That was probably the issue.

We Eris users tend to discourage Clockwork Recovery, as people with Clockwork have bricked their phones in the past. However, based on your post, my guess is that you did not wipe data before you flashed GSB and gapps. Forgetting to do that will lead to the results you describe.
The Following User Says Thank You to doogald For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2011, 12:12 AM   |  #265  
Flag Nordeast
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald

With TiBu, there is a "Problems" button at the bottom. I assume that you didn't have Busybox installed, and that will install it for you. That was probably the issue.

We Eris users tend to discourage Clockwork Recovery, as people with Clockwork have bricked their phones in the past. However, based on your post, my guess is that you did not wipe data before you flashed GSB and gapps. Forgetting to do that will lead to the results you describe.

Ok, good to know about the clockwork recovery! Do you recommend just using the stock utility to flash then?

Also, I did try to install the busybox, and that is where I am getting the Root Denied message. I tried uninstalling TiBu and reinstalling, but got the same result. I will wipe the phone completely, and start from square one.

I personally have a galaxy s, so it is a bit of a different world than the Eris.

Thank you for your help!

TK
12th April 2011, 07:04 PM   |  #266  

51 posts
the recovery rom installed
when performing this, does it put the latest recover mode on? i know there is a new bootloader and recovery mode then what I have, since the trackball became and issue. Is there a way to verify what recovery and bootloader are put on the eris after downloading and performing this?
14th May 2011, 07:14 PM   |  #267  
Thanks Meter: 4

38 posts
trying to root an eris for a friend, I used to have one myself rooted a long time ago. I run the on click app, there's no option to reboot the phone in stock so I shut it down...No matter what I do I can't get recovery mode to come up? Even on rebooting it twice to no avail...Any advice? Thanks!
15th May 2011, 07:13 PM   |  #268  
OP Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 8,715

4,049 posts
Donate to Me
More
Un install app, reinstall try again.

Reboot by turning it off, then on.

Sent from my LG Revolution
24th June 2011, 09:35 PM   |  #269  

24 posts
Please help
When doing this, I have to do Vol DOWN and Power. Then I press up to get into recovery and it goes to a screen with a skateboarding android then it goes to a picture of the eris with a red triangle and exclaimation mark. I have tried several battery pulls, I put the SD Card in and out and tried it with it in and out and no luck. This is a friend of mines phone so IT CANNOT BE BRICKED. Please help me!

EDIT: Its working now, but when I go to the recovery option the trackball won't work.. suggestions?
Last edited by jporter18; 24th June 2011 at 10:01 PM.
22nd September 2011, 08:14 AM   |  #270  
Flag Yokosuka
Thanks Meter: 8

366 posts
More
It seems to have worked but in hboot it still has S On..... shouldn't it be S Off?

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread