Anyone using imapmyrun ?

Tip us?

nicoloco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Anyone using imapmyrun ?

Hi folks,

as I said in an earlier post about the gps I wanted to test at the same time my old iphone 3GS and my new samsung galaxy S

I thought it would be best to use the same software and the only one I can think of was imapmyrun.

So this weekend my wife was driving on the highway ( so no building and the sky was cloudless) and I thought it was the perfect time

I siwthed on impamyrun on both.

On the iphone the fix took maybe 10 sec and the blue dot was moving witht he car and on the road ( so at leat 10m precision)
On the samsgun it took maybe 20-30sec to get the fix but then I started to record and ... nothing. The phone totally froze.
I tried to stop but I couldnt
I checked the memory and it was the only app with around 100 mo of memry free

After 10mn of hitting the stop button a reboot, 2-3 kill with autokiller, systempanel ... the record was still on. I the app creashed 10 times ...

So I didn't manage to run my test and I was crazy on my seat trying to make it work.

So ... anyone using it ? does it work fine ? Do you use an external sd card ?

For fun I used mytracs this morning during my run ( sunny like hell and on the coastal walk so no building closer than 100m) and look at what I got

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UT...294922&t=h&z=4

A little bit scarry but as I have nothing to compare with it's a little bit useless

I am using JM2 with no extra fix
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Rom : CheckRom RevoHD V6
Asus Transformer Prime : Sotck rom
Archos 101 G9 250Go : Stock 4.0.5

milsjg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoloco View Post
Hi folks,

as I said in an earlier post about the gps I wanted to test at the same time my old iphone 3GS and my new samsung galaxy S

I thought it would be best to use the same software and the only one I can think of was imapmyrun.

So this weekend my wife was driving on the highway ( so no building and the sky was cloudless) and I thought it was the perfect time

I siwthed on impamyrun on both.

On the iphone the fix took maybe 10 sec and the blue dot was moving witht he car and on the road ( so at leat 10m precision)
On the samsgun it took maybe 20-30sec to get the fix but then I started to record and ... nothing. The phone totally froze.
I tried to stop but I couldnt
I checked the memory and it was the only app with around 100 mo of memry free

After 10mn of hitting the stop button a reboot, 2-3 kill with autokiller, systempanel ... the record was still on. I the app creashed 10 times ...

So I didn't manage to run my test and I was crazy on my seat trying to make it work.

So ... anyone using it ? does it work fine ? Do you use an external sd card ?

For fun I used mytracs this morning during my run ( sunny like hell and on the coastal walk so no building closer than 100m) and look at what I got

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UT...294922&t=h&z=4

A little bit scarry but as I have nothing to compare with it's a little bit useless

I am using JM2 with no extra fix
So why start a new thread about this, you already been in other GPS error threads. Try to be a little bit focused otherwise you may be considered as just complaining for some strange reason. Change your signature to the right firmware it now says JFF.

nicoloco
Old
(Last edited by nicoloco; 2nd August 2010 at 11:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
ok that's true

Actually the main purpose of my thread is imapmyrun

This is the software I use for my run and ride and I was using it on my iphone

So the only question I have is : is there anyone using it and do you have any trouble.

My feeling is that it has been ifrst done for the iphone and then maybe poorly ported to android ( mytracks is not bugged like this one ....)

EDIT : signature updated ...
Would it be possible to move this thread to the apps part instead of general ??
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Rom : CheckRom RevoHD V6
Asus Transformer Prime : Sotck rom
Archos 101 G9 250Go : Stock 4.0.5

Magnustor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
I can't Save my workouts with Xperia X8 Android 2.1, it always report an error. Gps works fine for me