This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip or unroot-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.Rooting adds the following to your 2.1 Eclair system and unrooting removes them:
/system/xbin/busybox (version 1.17.1)Credits:
/system/app/Superuser.apk (version 2.3.1)
and links /system/bin/su to /system/xbin/su
LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair and 2.2 Froyo JP2 not JP3.
Dr.Hani Akrim for the original rooted-update.zip for 2.2 Froyo.
gunnarhafdal : for creating the Mac GUI for my app.
Download the app here , mirror.
Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....
Requirements: Dot Net Framework version 4: Click Here
1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )Done! You are rooted.
2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.
3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_I9000_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.
4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root" file.
5. Based on the version of the Operating System you are running, click the "One-Click Root 2.1" button for Eclair or "One-Click Root 2.2" for Froyo Warning: Not Both!!. This will launch a command prompt follow the instructions in the CMD window.
Download the app: here, mirror.
- It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.
1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )================================================== ===================
2. Connect the phone to your computer.
3. Eject both the internal and external SD card from your computer and turn off USB storage in the notification area.
4. Click one of the buttons depending on what you want to do.
5. After the phone has rebooted into recovery select "apply sdcard:update.zip" for I9000 and I9000M and choose "Reinstall Packages" for the US models using the volume keys and then press the home button for I9000 and I9000M and the power button on the right top side for US models to start the process.
Done! You are rooted.
To UnRoot follow the same instructions except click on the Unroot button. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to unroot as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox. I would suggest to restore you phone back to stock ROM before even needing to unroot and if you are on stock unroot all you want otherwise what is the point of unrooting.
Getting Started with Android After Rooting:
Superuser app issue: Found out the issue with Superuser App crash. If you install new superuser 2.3.1 the app will crash if you click on the Info Tab. The first Time you One-Click Root you will need to run something as superuser which will add an item the superuser will track then the Info Tab will not Force Close and will display details of the tracked app requesting root access. New Superuser bug but easily ignored.Flash Clockwork Custom Recovery On your phone:
Follow this URL to find fill information on ROM Manager:
- Install ROM Manager from Market.
- Launch ROM Manager and click on Backup ROM and save you android O/S stock rooted making getting back to stock un-rooted much easier..