Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 42,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Liquid Damage Indicator (LDI)?

Tip us?

dplate07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Liquid Damage Indicator (LDI)?

Hi all,

Does anyone know where's the SGS's LDI? Is it also like iphone in the headphone jack. Just wna be sure

wj04
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung vibrant ldi

I know that there is one on the edge of the battery, one on the inside just behind the battery and then one under the circuits and behind the screen close to the volume buttons. I am not sure about the headphone jack or if there are others though.

romancastevet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Pictures of the Liquid Damage Indicators INSIDE the SGS, please?

All I know is that my SGS doesn't even have that one LDI that's supposedly placed in the battery compartment. But I have seen it in other people's phones.

It's like a little white sticker with the shape of a square placed right in between the 'battery-phone contact spot' (no idea how that's called in english) and the sticker with "phone model, IMEI 8687..., made in Korea, blah blah, etc". But as I mentionned already, mine doesn't have it. It only has the square mark where it should be placed, but no sticker at all. I've also read and concluded that it depends on your cellphone's carrier, so it's not necessarely a bad thing that you don't have it, nor it means you've somehow lost it. Sometimes it's just that it comes that way, LDI-less from the factory itself. Why? Just because, your manufacturers wanted that way.

About others Liquid Damage Indicators INSIDE the phone -behind the screen by the volume buttons, and another by headphone jack as "wj04" mentionned, or somewhere else- , I couldn't tell, haven't checked yet and got no idea what they'd possibly look like... May be someone certain of it could attach couple of pictures so we all would know what should we be looking for? Thanks a lot.