Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Optical Sensor button mod for awake ?

OP jaex

2nd August 2010, 04:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
anyone have a mod for optical sensor button ? i saw some post for other device and i tested on my phone and it went into a boot loop. this will be a nice mod since the power button is on the top right side of the phone and is kinda hard to press.
2nd August 2010, 04:35 PM   |  #2  
matt_b's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 36
 
420 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=12
2nd August 2010, 05:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbollenbach

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=12

thank for link
2nd August 2010, 08:03 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbollenbach

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=12

That doesn't work for everyone, so a more permanent solution will have to be devised.
2nd August 2010, 08:15 PM   |  #5  
matt_b's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 36
 
420 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.cabrey

That doesn't work for everyone, so a more permanent solution will have to be devised.

i've done this mod that exact same way on my aria with 4 different roms with no issues at all every time.

you really just need to save the qwerty.kl file and push it to the phone. reboot into recovery, go to the partitions menu, mount the system partition, push the file via adb, reboot your phone and voila.
yollasho
2nd August 2010, 08:36 PM   |  #6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaex

anyone have a mod for optical sensor button ? i saw some post for other device and i tested on my phone and it went into a boot loop. this will be a nice mod since the power button is on the top right side of the phone and is kinda hard to press.

SEARCH...!
2nd August 2010, 09:02 PM   |  #7  
NotATreoFan's Avatar
Moderator Committee Developer Committee
Flag Eastern Seaboard
Thanks Meter: 4,768
 
14,790 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Please take a moment to review the forum rules with regards to searching existing threads prior to creating a new one, and also regarding the proper sections to post in. Moving to General as this is not a Development thread.
2nd August 2010, 11:26 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:

you really just need to save the qwerty.kl file and push it to the phone. reboot into recovery, go to the partitions menu, mount the system partition, push the file via adb, reboot your phone and voila.

oh my gosh that seems painfully complicated considering the simplicity of the issue. that's kinda funny really
3rd August 2010, 12:44 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbollenbach

i've done this mod that exact same way on my aria with 4 different roms with no issues at all every time.

you really just need to save the qwerty.kl file and push it to the phone. reboot into recovery, go to the partitions menu, mount the system partition, push the file via adb, reboot your phone and voila.

I've done that. The qwerty.kl method just simply isn't working for some people.
3rd August 2010, 05:49 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
This worked for me
Couldn't figure out how to add attachments to this post, and it won't let me add an external link since it's a new forum account. google ojwake-signed.zip or something.

Steps: Load file to SD card, boot in to recovery mode, install zip, locate this zip on flash card, reboot.
(ojwake-signed.zip)
Don't remember where i got this, but kudos to that guy!


Neverwhere10
HTC Aria Liberated B005.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes