Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

USA Dell Streak WARNING!!!!

OP hdbueller

2nd August 2010, 05:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Forum Mod
Flag Mid-Missouri
Thanks Meter: 10

569 posts
Hi all.
I am currently on the phone with AT&T as my USA beta Streak has quit working!! I am being told that the US Streaks were designed to quit after the evaluation period was over!! I now can not make any calls with it at all except to AT&T!!
Any one else had their Streak IMEI blocked by AT&T??

UPDATE: Over at Modaco they are starting to drop like flies......several posts about it now! It is happening as we speak!!
UPDATE 2: Quote from Dell:
All 1100+ US beta Streak IMEI's are now invalid! They could not (or would not) say if the IMEI's will be good again after the release!
UPDATE 3: Dell states that it was AT&T that did this to us and that the affected units will work again AFTER the official USA release! They could not say when that would be tho.....
Last edited by hdbueller; 2nd August 2010 at 07:24 PM.
2nd August 2010, 08:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 469

2,723 posts
More
that sucks. im glad i didnt do anything rash like buy a streak on ebay or something.
2nd August 2010, 10:20 PM   |  #3  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
Yeah, mine went down around 10 am. Sucks, I've only had it two days, I guess I'm stuck using my old unlocked G1 again temporarily...
2nd August 2010, 11:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
just a heads up guys... found this on engadget!

AT&T blocking Dell Streak beta units?

looks like your out of luck till AT&T sort themselves out.
3rd August 2010, 08:59 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kingsbury, TX
Thanks Meter: 12

304 posts
Donate to Me
More
mine went down an hour ago, im glad i got mine through the beta and did not pay for it
3rd August 2010, 11:04 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 27

172 posts
mine is down now too. I was using an Ipad sim card. Will try later with my other ATT sim to see if it works. Let's hope the streak releases soon!
3rd August 2010, 11:11 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 14

427 posts
Another reason to hate at&t. I was 100% going to get the dell streak once it came out in the U.S. for tmobile. Fortunately, I had a change of heart when the Galaxy S (Vibrant) was released. Not only has dell announced it will be available only for at&t, but also at&t has delayed its release for ages. Poor dell, should have gone with a different carrier.
8th August 2010, 04:24 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 89

737 posts
More
so if it's only being blocked on AT&T then if we use it here in Canada it should be good then right? Or is it the actual device that is being remotely nuked?
8th August 2010, 07:43 PM   |  #9  
Flag New York State
Thanks Meter: 3

83 posts
More
I'm curious. Couldn't those who are blocked use another SIM card?
8th August 2010, 07:45 PM   |  #10  
Flag New York State
Thanks Meter: 3

83 posts
More
I found my answer. International_Mobile_Equipment_Identity is phone specific, not SIM specific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...pment_Identity

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread