Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 48,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Performance: MoDaCo Lag Fix versus EXT4 hack

Tip us?

tameracingdriver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Cool Performance: MoDaCo Lag Fix versus EXT4 hack

For a good few weeks, I ran my phone on JG1, and used the MoDaCo lag fix... I wasn't entirely happy with this "solution" maybe because I knew there was a quite strict limit with what could potentially be installed without undoing the lag fix, and then re-applying later - bit too much hassle for me...

However, there was no doubt about it, lag was well and truly gone for me. Very fast in the vast majority of scenarios.

Now I am on JM2, and applied EXT4 hack, and have used it for several days now.

When I had JG1 and the lag fix, I got a benchmark score of around 900 in Quadrant. With the JM2 and EXT4 hack, I now get about 1700...

Oddly though, the phone seems slower now than it did before, despite the much improved benchmark. Don't get me wrong, it's still better than stock, but there is some lag there, and not all of the animations / transitions are as smooth as they used to be.

So, JM2 + EXT4 lag fix looks better on paper, but in reality for me, the normal lag fix script seemed better performing, at least, in terms of the responsiveness of things opening etc.

Anyone else find this?

As a side note, I thought the battery life in JG5+ was meant to be better? Seems exactly the same, all things considered to me as JG1.

XQC
Old
(Last edited by XQC; 2nd August 2010 at 05:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Yes, I experienced the same.
With the Modaco Fix the phone was flying! But I hit the 130MB limit pretty soon, so I had no other choice than applying and staying with the ext4 fix, which is indeed a tad slower, but still far beyond Samsungs original method.
And I agree to that, that the benchmark does not reflect the performance in real life usage.