Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 41,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] 12/21/10 | Fresh Evo 3.5.0.1 | [Insert Witty Tagline] | New OTA Base

Tip us?

leeh41
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_Rocky View Post
This is not a FRESH ROM problem only, but I thought I would ask you fine folks here, as I am using the latest FRESH ROM, and love it!

I have been seeing all too many folks complaining about their 3G speeds droping horribly! Some seem to think it is the new PRI 1.77, others the new radio 2.15.00.09.01, and some say the newer NV 1.7, and even others say all THREE new updates are causing the 3G speeds to drop. Any thoughts? Should I try back dating to the older radio, or PRI, or NV, or what?

Also, and it makes sense, some have mentioned that due to the poor 3G signal, the phone is in constant "cell tower search" mode, and that could be causing the battery drain issues.

You thoughts?

PS: If I have to backdate, can someone make a PC36IMG.ZIP file for me (or the rest of us) with the files we need? Reason being, I have constantly had problems when trying to install the Wimax, Radio, PRI, and NV updates manually in recovery mode (using both RA 1.8 or latest Clockwork, both error out, just in different ways). The phone seems to install the files, but when it reboots, it goes back to the recovery screen, and depending on which recovery I use, shows something different, but most likely the same problem. For instance, in RA, it is stuck at FORMATTING CACHE.... and with Clockwork, it will say something like BUILD NOT SET. But when I use the PC36IMG.ZIP file, it will install just fine. TIA!!!!
My 4G speeds increased with the new updates. I didnt test my 3G speeds prior, but I dont feel a difference.

mario23
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekeeladude View Post
When I first flashed this rom (3.3.0.1) I was having issues with battery life. I then completely charged the phone while it was turned off (to ensure a complete charge based off the internal chip in the battery vs. what the phone thinks is a full charge) then I wiped the battery stats in recovery.

That was over 36 hours ago and my phone finally ran the battery dead over lunch. All running with the stock kernel. This was done with light to moderate use using 3G and Wifi -- some youtube videos, gmail syncing, gtalk running, browsing xda, gps turned on, etc. No 4G in my area to see how much more battery life that would use.
That's interesting. I may try that tonight. How long was it lasting prior to you doing this?

And for others asking...

This is not a question of poor battery life. This is more the fact that many are noticing a significant difference in battery life with this kernal and 3.2.

tekeeladude
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario23 View Post
That's interesting. I may try that tonight. How long was it lasting prior to you doing this?
This was my first go using Fresh....When I first flashed this rom, I only got about 10 hours of battery life. Prior to this I was using Ava's Froyo V6 and getting anywhere from 12-20 hours use with the stock kernel. Like others have already said, using Wifi dramatically increases battery life.

sling
Old
(Last edited by sling; 29th September 2010 at 02:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 931

DONATE TO ME
Battery life with netch 4.1.9 is treating me well.
3 hours since last charge Ive made 7 min call , sent 5 text messages & woke up device 8 times 10 minutes of play battery lifes at 91%.
With new HTC kernel I would be mid low 80s
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 G900T
ROOT: CF-Auto-Root (HERE)
RECOVERY: [klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch (HERE)
ROM:BeansTown106 - G900TUVU1ANCH 4,4,2 STOCK DEODEX (HERE)
[SlingMods]
ATT Data Icons-v1 (HERE)
SMS/MMS Screen Wake Control-v1 (HERE)

funcrusher
Old
Thanks Meter 393

Wasn't as active on my phone today and it did sit overnight. Spent about an hour on the phone and light-med text messaging thoughout the day. I normally get around 21 hours.

david_ag
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
I'm having a serious issue with roaming I live in central florida and in some areas the sprint service suck. I'm currently running the latest fresh rom as well as the latest klick kernel I have tried also stock kernel same thing. Currently have flashed pri 1.77 and I also had pri 1.43 and the same problem happened. When ever I try to make a call and if I'm in an area where there is no signal and I have to roam. Usually it is verizon towers when I call it says that you for calling verizon we are sorry we cannot authenticate your phone please call verizon customer service. If I try to call again several times it will actually xfer me over to an operator for verizon and ask me if I'm placing an international call. So I can not roam onany network because my phone can not be authenticated has anybody had this issue. Thank you please any help or adivse I would greatly apperciate thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronsutor View Post
I am having the same issue, but I am running the [new] stock odexed HTC rom, so it doesn't have anything to do with the Fresh Rom specifically, and people at Sprint can't figure it out because they are idiots...
so I just make them give me a credit!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Here is your solution:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...Verizon+unable

Look at my posts in the last or second to last page.
I'm in Miami B*tch.

funcrusher
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Anyone ever get the tasks widget to work on this ROM? Grabbed it from 3.1 and tried pushing it, but was unsuccessful.

pinto bean
Old
Thanks Meter 10
My phone has been on 12 hours 40 min, wifi on the ENTIRE time, sending emails, making calls, sending texts, browsing web...and still at 51% battery left. This is night and day difference from the rom I was running prior (Vaelpak).

Wish it had some aosp programs like email, dialer/contacts, clock, and sms...but I can live without those.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

MickeyMcE
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Very nice! Runs silky smooth! So far no complaints. Keep up the great work! Thank you!!
MickeyMcE

Current Device: GS5

ROM: Stock for now
Kernel: Stock

Past Devices: Katana, Mogul, Touch Pro, Hero, Evo 4g, Evo 3D, Evo lte, htc one, GS4

ftothe3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
any chance of somehow getting the miui lockscreen to work with fresh evo?